Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i am having issues synchronize my treo 700w with active sync. few nights ago i updated my active sync to 4.5 beta and was running into issues. so i uninstall active sync from the control panel add/remove programs and reinstalled the old active sync 4.2. now i'm having sync issues. it will not sync. active sync keeps saying its synchronizing and nothing happens for 3-5 minutes. i did a hard reset on the treo 700w and still nothing. can anyone help??
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I had a problem like that when I had the Motorola Q, I went to connections and unchecked the USB button, colsed out, then went back in and checked it again and it worked.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    doesnt seem to be the USB solution.
    switched to AS 4.5 a week ago...but unfortunately my syncing problems resumed after three days of successful syncs. I phoned sprint treo support who finally patched me in directly with palm tech support. They acknowledged that there is an "unresolved" issue causing the 700wx to periodically lose its "relationship" with the pc. This is the workaround they gave me to sync.

First,on your mobile device open activesync in the programs folder. If you do not get a screen that shows your last sync, then you will get what essentialy is the setup page. If you get this page that means your mobile devise has lost its "relationship". I do not know if this is an ActiveSync problem or not. it has occurred on both the 700wx units i have owned in the past 30 days...and it occurs whether using 4.2 or 4.5 activesync.

Anyway open up activesync on your desktop and under FILE and with your device now disconnected, click on DELETE MOBILE DEVICE. This "officially" severs the relationship while not removing data from either desktop or device. Then go ahead and sync again...it will sync as if it is a new unit.

Once I did this --first thing this morning-- my WX continued to sync successfully 5 or six times for the rest of the day...however... I expect I will have to do this every morning. I would rather use this workaround than return the unit...it only takes me an extra minute or two each day. Hopefully someone (Palm or MS) gets this issue resolved soon.
    Fondoo, check the readme file on the download page on Microsoft's site. They say that when you uninstall, there are a few other things you need to do and delete beyond just add/remove and re-installing the old version.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osbornem View Post
    switched to AS 4.5 a week ago...but unfortunately my syncing problems resumed after three days of successful syncs. I phoned sprint treo support who finally patched me in directly with palm tech support. They acknowledged that there is an "unresolved" issue causing the 700wx to periodically lose its "relationship" with the pc. This is the workaround they gave me to sync.

First,on your mobile device open activesync in the programs folder. If you do not get a screen that shows your last sync, then you will get what essentialy is the setup page. If you get this page that means your mobile devise has lost its "relationship". I do not know if this is an ActiveSync problem or not. it has occurred on both the 700wx units i have owned in the past 30 days...and it occurs whether using 4.2 or 4.5 activesync.

Anyway open up activesync on your desktop and under FILE and with your device now disconnected, click on DELETE MOBILE DEVICE. This "officially" severs the relationship while not removing data from either desktop or device. Then go ahead and sync again...it will sync as if it is a new unit.

Once I did this --first thing this morning-- my WX continued to sync successfully 5 or six times for the rest of the day...however... I expect I will have to do this every morning. I would rather use this workaround than return the unit...it only takes me an extra minute or two each day. Hopefully someone (Palm or MS) gets this issue resolved soon.
    I also can not sync w/ my computer after about a month. I did all the steps above and I still cannot get my Activesync to work. I deleted the activesync from my computer and reinstalled it and still nothing. Any ideas?
    Last edited by rpjk2000; 10/17/2006 at 11:04 PM. Reason: add to post
    Try going to (in activesync on your PC) FILE- DELETE MOBILE DEVICE repeatedly until the option is notavailable anymore. Then try to sync again. Don't worry, this does not erase your outlook data, just the connection settings.
    yes Littlepat ...that does work for awhile...but as of yesterday my unit is an absolute brick when I plug it in to its cradle...the little ActiveSync box does not even pop up to recognize the unit is there. Never done that before. I have the Treo God at Sprint helping me...but this is my second unit and I will return my wx permanently by Friday if my new god can not get me fixed. This is an "unresolved" issue according to a Palm tech that I talked to about 10 days ago...and I am sick and tired of wasting hours upon hours trying to sync....will return and either go back to the dark ages with my old i500 (at least it syncs consistently) or find something else. I have had it.
    well I got mine going today again after a simple soft reset...but the "Treo God" said that I should not even ever have to do that. He suggested I download a free program called "The Magic Button" which I did. He claims that it closes out programs completely and therefore with a cleaner profile the syncing is more consistent. (??) dunno if it will work but will see... Hey rpjk2000 any luck yet??? never had a syncing problem that serious!! (??)
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osbornem View Post
    well I got mine going today again after a simple soft reset...but the "Treo God" said that I should not even ever have to do that. He suggested I download a free program called "The Magic Button" which I did. He claims that it closes out programs completely and therefore with a cleaner profile the syncing is more consistent. (??) dunno if it will work but will see... Hey rpjk2000 any luck yet??? never had a syncing problem that serious!! (??)
    no luck. I tried everthing, I even deleted activesync from my computer and reloaded it and it still wouldn't sync. I did a hard reset and I was able to sync once again so I guess. it had to do something w/ my 700wx not the software. I will have to try the Magic Button and see if that keeps this from happening again.

When I bought my WX last week, I couldn't get a sync. It would try and fail. I found that the problem is with my Norton Systemworks program - internet worm protection. With that feature off, the sync will complete.