Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I cant get activesync to install on my laptop running windows vista. Is there anybody out there syncing his/her 700wx to vista? I really need help with this.
    Vista does not use ActiveSync...its supposed to have a built in syncing app...that's all I know.
    Yeah, ActiveSync is only for WinXP or earlier. With Vista, you'll need to use the builtin Windows Mobile Device Center.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thanks. You guys are right, Vista does have a built in Mobile Device sync. Works and looks great too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbestman View Post
    Thanks. You guys are right, Vista does have a built in Mobile Device sync. Works and looks great too.
    The only problem is that it is not active in the last few builds. A new build was released today and I hope that they have now made it active. I set up the workaround and got it working on 5728
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    works great on mine. Had to go online to download an update, smooth sailing after that.
    Does the new VISTA release support DVI video out yet?
    I've been using DVI with Vista since beta 2, that's mostly likely a problem specific to your video card and/or the drivers available for it.
    I'm sorry, but how do you guys use the program specific to Vista to sync your Treo? I've been banging my head w/ this for weeks! Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance.

I go to "Sync" I believe it's called. But when I go to devices to sync, it won't show up. I must be doing something completely idiotic, but if someone could guide me, I'd be most appreciative.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbestman View Post
    works great on mine. Had to go online to download an update, smooth sailing after that.
    What update was that and where do I get it?