1.    #1  
    Does anybody have any new or updated information about a Cingular release of this phone? I feel like this isn't being talked about on this board at all!

On howard forums a Cingular employee said that the phone is in the Cingular CSP and scheduled for release at the end of this month. Can anyone confirm?

Post #280: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...&page=19&pp=15

"my manager showed me something in CSP confirming the HSDPA Treo 750c for the end of October sounds like it will be a halloween delight lol"

Also in post #266 the same Cingular employee states: "Its coming at the end of this month"
    I have heard 2 different months on this release. A Rep at Cingular told me sometime in October and I have also heard sometime in December. I am hoping that it will be the end of this month.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
  3.    #3  
    This board was MUCH better and more active when there were rumors of the Treo 650 2 years ago. You guys stink now!!!
    Yea!
    You guys Stink.
    I mean we stink.
    No, I take that back.
    Cing Stinks, or maybe it's Palm that Stinks.
    Love Stinks, Yea Yea.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    My Cingular rep. said....... Oh come now! We've all hear that line before. They usually appear in posts with really blurry photos that would embarrass a WWII spy with a Minox!

Don't take offense. I hope you are right. But, in the mean time, I bought an iPAQ hw6945 and am selling my Unlocked/Unbranded Treo 650, before the eBay price takes too much of a hit.
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    There were pics of the Cingular branded 750(one was supposedly even from Palm's site), we just don't know when it's coming for sure.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Most are saying (cingular reps) a launch date of 10/31/06 but they can not say when they will be in the stores.
    I agree....!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    any new reportings???.........anyone???

(why is cingular hiding this so much?)
    Yes, there are several posts about the Cingular release. Look carefully in this sub-forum and Future Treos sub-forum. They are thinking November. Some posters say the end of this month.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    ooooohhhh. 10/31 ... scary... this WOULD be a real trick or TREAT.
    From my "sources"
    The 680 will drop this week, depending on a few things we might get the announcement of the 750 this week, or within two weeks with a late Nov/early Dec availability at the earliest, beginning of the calendar year at the latest.

Now stay tuned, there should be another leak before I finsih typing this post (really, it always happens like that).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Cool - feels like a lot of people are very keen to see the 750 launched over here, and the 680 should also draw a lot of attention if the price is really considerably lower than most of the high-end Treos ...

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    From my "sources"
    The 680 will drop this week, depending on a few things we might get the announcement of the 750 this week, or within two weeks with a late Nov/early Dec availability at the earliest, beginning of the calendar year at the latest.

Now stay tuned, there should be another leak before I finsih typing this post (really, it always happens like that).
    Some claim the 680 will be free with a contract. Is that just wishful thinking?

it wouldn't be surprising as th 680 is being positioned as an "entry-level" treo
    Hmmm, and the 750v in Europe is being priced very keenly - from free to around $300 if memory serves ...
    The European pricing seems all over the place. People also got quoted over 400 pounds.

The other thread says Cingular wants $450 for it with a 2 year contract.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The European pricing seems all over the place. People also got quoted over 400 pounds.
    Not really, it's just different a system than in the US

The price of the phone depends on the price of the contract you take out i.e. if your on a low priced contract you'll pay the highest price for the phone. Take out a contract with lots of included minutes and you get the phone cheap.

You have to remember too that you can't buy the 750v without a contract.
    Thanks for clearing that up!

What confused me though was that the initial highest price they quoted wasn't accurate compared to what people were actually getting quoted.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    What confused me though was that the initial highest price they quoted wasn't accurate compared to what people were actually getting quoted.
    It was if you looked at their business tariffs but not when you looked at their cheapest personal ones.