1.    #1  
    The lack of discussion about this subject boggles my mind. I've waited and waited for someone in the same boat, but to no avail.

I have three email addresses forwarded to my exchange server (mail2web) and need to reply to the emails using the correct email address. I have two different work email addresses (for two different jobs) and a personal email address, all accessed via Pocket Outlook. I can't reply using the mail2web email address.

I would really like to avoid setting up pop or imap accounts in POutlook for two of the email addresses, there should be a way to just change the "from" email address when sending each email. What programs will do this?

I tried flexmail, but it just doesn't cut it. It's great with handling html email, but that's about it. Is this the only program that can possibly do this?

What am I missing? Please help me as this is my treo 700wx killer!
    Last edited by ouzome; 10/05/2006 at 09:46 PM.
    Ha...This too boggled my mind that nobody has this problem. I mentioned it in another email thread and nobody responded either. You can't do it unless you have them setup seperately. I just have 2 email addresses that get forwarded to my 4smartphone address. If I respond from my phone, the "from" address is my personal email no matter what. I've learned to live with it. Everyone I deal with for work is on a good relationship with me and my company so I don't mind the lack of professionalism that my personal email displays.

I too tried FlexMail and hated it.

Unfortunately, if this is a make or break issue for you, you may be SOL. Sorry, but I've looked high and low and can't figure out a reasonable solution. I enjoy the exchange activesync and the benefits of it outweigh the "from" problem.

If you do find a solution though, let us know!
    Quote Originally Posted by ouzome View Post
    I have two different work email addresses (for two different jobs) and a personal email address, all accessed via Pocket Outlook. I can't reply using the mail2web email address.

What am I missing? Please help me as this is my treo 700wx killer!
    Well, you can use the SMTP Proxy for email addresses on mail2web. Go to your settings under email and look for that. Basically, it'll allow you to specify a 3rd party email address, so I have my Gmail forwarded to mail2web and when I respond it's "from" gmail.

Now, you can specify multiple addresses but I'm not sure about changing them 'on the fly' from Outlook.

But that's better than before...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Yeah, that's how I have my 4smartphone exchange setup. Both my personal and business email get forwarded to that account. When I send through exchange, it displays my personal address as the "from". You cannot change this on the fly in Pocket Outlook. Outlook 2003 is easy enough to just setup a virtual smtp address to send from my business address. Wish it was that easy in Pocket Outlook.
    you really should give flexmail a try. Its not a complete product yet, but it is activley being developed and the developers are listening. I have two imap email address set up on my wx and push email is at least 90% consistent (the other 10% being the random crashes and resets from my beta version). Flexmail allows you to change from email addresses on the fly. It also addressed my biggest concern with pocket outlook: replying to the 'reply-to' field in an email as opposed to the 'from' field.

You can go here to download the latest build. Like i said before, its a work in progress and the developers are moving in the right direction. IMHO - I expect flexmail to be a strong contender in the windows mobile email market very soon, its certainly helped me overcome my chatter withdrawal symptoms.
  6.    #6  
    From what it sounds like, if I add the SMTP info to mail2web I can reply using one "real" email address, but I use both business email addresses an equal amount and I can't just use one (they're different businesses). . . although I agree it's better than none.

Thanks for the comments makrotonik. Flexmail wasn't terrible, but it didn't integrate well with WM5 and so I was using both POutlook and flexmail at the same time. I guess I'll try the newest version to see what has changed. I assume the Today screen still doesn't show you have new email? As long as I get an beep or something that tells me I have a new email I guess I can overlook that small detail.

The big thing is that I LOVE exchange server and how it syncs everything . . .and didn't want to go back to IMAP.
    You are right - different strokes for different folks i guess. I sync maybe once a week. Most of my updates are entered "out in the field" so i have never felt the need for a full push sync. What has been more important to me was access to my personal, work and business emails (the latter two most importantly) and keeping them seperate and organized. Until i have an overhelming reason to, i'd probably stick with imap and manual syncs.
    Anything new in this area? I see this thread is several months old.

I have 3 email accts and I currently only use a webmail acct where I have all 3 forwarded to. This webmail acct allows me to have aliases so I can send "from" all 3 emails as well. It's been fine and I've simply accessed this webmail for all my email needs.

But.. I just got a copy of Office Pro 2007 and really like Outlook. My company is getting me a Treo with WM (I currently have palm os treo). SO... the thought of having outlook on my computer, poutlook on my treo, and OWA (when I'm near a random computer) all synced... got me completely excited.

I just found out that OWA won't allow for aliases or multiple accts to send from. And now I'm reading the poutlook won't either.

I definitely need to reply from the address the emails are coming in to.. even if it's just spoofed. So... any new solutions?
    I, too, would like to be able to reply from multiple addresses but so far have not been able to figure out how to do this with Pocket Outlook. It would be nice if someone figured it out or wrote a plugin to make it possible.
    Once again the desire to do what's previously mentioned in this thread has stirred in my head.

Is there any new options in this area yet? I can't fathom these needs being so unique that a solution isn't out there.
    I am using the Outlook that comes in WM6 and VGSMail and have no problem sending email from various email accounts. I just have to manually check email in each of the non VGSmail accounts or set them to automatically retrieve every so often.

Its really a perfect situation for me!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    flexmail abuser here going through 3 imaps and 1 activesync server and all is smootho on this side. I wish it can automatically start when booted.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I realize this is an older post, but for those of you with these issue, I have written a new application for WM devices called Doppleganger.

It allows you to send from multiple e-mail addresses with POP3/IMAP accounts.

For more information, video, and downloads, go here

www . winmo-experts . com/viewforum.php?f=37
    Quote Originally Posted by bengalih View Post
    I realize this is an older post, but for those of you with these issue, I have written a new application for WM devices called Doppleganger.

It allows you to send from multiple e-mail addresses with POP3/IMAP accounts.

For more information, video, and downloads, go here

www . winmo-experts . com/viewforum.php?f=37
    That's pretty slick.. I think I heard you say you can't use this with an active sync account, so you wouldn't be able to forward several IMAP accounts to mail2web for push functionality then use Doppleganger to select which account to send from, is this correct? I think that's what many of us are looking for.. we forward several accounts to mail2web, then want to be able to answer from the correct account. Is this just spoofing the REPLY FROM address, or would it keep Gmail's threading in tact? (using SMTP I assume....)
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro