1.    #1  
    This hack has been mentioned here on TC and in other forums. It supposedly enables the flashing LED to notify of incoming emails and SMS. Can someone tell me whether this has worked on the Treo 700wx?

"Change ringtone/vibrate/LED flash characteristics

If you would like more control over how your device rings/vibrates/flashes its LEDs on events, you can can change the Script values of these events. For example, for an incoming call performing 'activate device, play ringtone, wait 3 seconds, repeat':

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Script = "apw3r" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

For performing 'active device, set volume to 33%, play ringtone, set volume to 67%, play ringtone, set volume to 100%, play ringtone (no repeat)':

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Script = "ac33pc67pc100p" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

The following are the full codes available to you. Please note that all the codes are executed simultaneously except after a ringtone play / wait code. E.g. 'v1p' will vibrate and play at the same time, while vibrating for 1 second. But 'pv1' will play the ringtone through all the way first, then start vibrating for 1 second.

a = activate device
    cN = set volume to N in percentage max volume
    fN = flash notification LED for N seconds
    p = play ringtone. Note that this will play the ringtone all the way through before continuing with the next code.
    r = repeat. Note that this should be the last code in your Script string, if used at all.
    vN = vibrate for N seconds
    wN = wait for N seconds. Note that the device will wait this long before continuing with the next code."
    Cool, do you have hack for service light? I remember my 650 would blink green but now having the 700wx does not. Know any trick?
    I too would like the sevice light. I am in basments a lot where I can't allways get signal. I will place my phone in the window sill and be able to check every once in a while to see if I'm still in service. this would be nice. maybe even a status light app availbe?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    When I get an SMS or Email, my LED flashes green. I did not do any hacks. It also flashes red when I dont have service. Again, without any hacks
    Mine too...actually I believe it is orange (amber) on the "no service" alert. I am sure it was done to serve the same purpose, just less bothersome when viewing the screen

EricE
    EricE
    Treo 700wx
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by FDLuke View Post
    When I get an SMS or Email, my LED flashes green. I did not do any hacks. It also flashes red when I dont have service. Again, without any hacks
    You have a Sprint 700wx? Do you know if there are any settings enabled for LED?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I tried to change the standard Ringtone to make it ring a little more frequent by editing the registry like this (orginal value was "apw3r"):

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Script = "apw1r"

After waiting a while...went back in, value still at what I specified. Then I called my phone...did not notice a difference. Went back in the registry, and the little bugger had set itself back to the original value. What gives?