1.    #1  
    I am looking at upgrading to a 700 model treo and would probably have gone with the 700p except that I have recently become a heavy user of MS OneNote and the possibility of carrying my onenote files with me on a phone would be a huge plus and probably influence me to switch from POS to WM5 thus the treowx

Can anyone here comment on the functionality of OneNote on the 700wx?
    I believe MS was working on OneNote SP1 to include this but this was a while back. It may or may not have come out already. You might want to check their site to see if it's out yet.
    This is the tablet program right? Do you think you will be able to read your writing on a tiny screen? Maybe if it's all converted to text, but I highly doubt the treo would have that much functionallity. If MS does have a version for WM my guess is it would just be a reader. I have a tablet, but don't use onenote anymore so I couldn't tell you if it works . . . I doubt it but don't trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelizardman View Post
    I am looking at upgrading to a 700 model treo and would probably have gone with the 700p except that I have recently become a heavy user of MS OneNote and the possibility of carrying my onenote files with me on a phone would be a huge plus and probably influence me to switch from POS to WM5 thus the treowx

I use 2003, I don't think 2007 is out yet. From the help file:

You can import notes (.pwi files) from a Microsoft Windows Mobile-based Pocket PC, or voice recordings from a Pocket PC or Windows Mobile-based Smartphone, to Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 on your computer. By copying notes or recordings from your mobile device to OneNote, you can keep all of your notes and recordings in one place. This makes it easy to organize, browse, or search all of your notes and recordings at once, or to create a comprehensive archive of your notes and recordings.

If you have added notes or voice recordings to your mobile device since the last time you imported them to OneNote, only the recently added or modified notes or voice recordings are imported. Also, when you import notes or voice recordings into OneNote, the original files on the mobile device are not deleted.

Notes

You can't export notes from OneNote to your mobile device. You can only copy notes from a mobile device to OneNote.

But I don't use this feature.
    Rob
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by robcox View Post
    I use 2003, I don't think 2007 is out yet. From the help file:

You can import notes (.pwi files) from a Microsoft Windows Mobile-based Pocket PC, or voice recordings from a Pocket PC or Windows Mobile-based Smartphone, to Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 on your computer. By copying notes or recordings from your mobile device to OneNote, you can keep all of your notes and recordings in one place. This makes it easy to organize, browse, or search all of your notes and recordings at once, or to create a comprehensive archive of your notes and recordings.

If you have added notes or voice recordings to your mobile device since the last time you imported them to OneNote, only the recently added or modified notes or voice recordings are imported. Also, when you import notes or voice recordings into OneNote, the original files on the mobile device are not deleted.

Notes

You can't export notes from OneNote to your mobile device. You can only copy notes from a mobile device to OneNote.

But I don't use this feature.
    Rob
    OneNote 2007 is out as beta (which is what I am currently using) - reviews for syncing and working WM5 devices have been favorable from what I have seen. I was wondering if someone was using it on a 700wx currently and could speak to its specific integration (5 way, etc) to the treo

I have no concerns about handwriting as I am not using a tablet pc and the treo has a keyboard, onenote is not a tablet specific program but does have good functionality for them - in my opinion it is a great program overall and stands out among M$ products for having been done well
    Quote Originally Posted by thelizardman View Post

I am in exactly the same boat as you lizard. My treo 600 was stolen, and I am looking to replace. The 700P would be the natural choice, but like you, the option of using onenote on the PDA is highly attractive.

I have heard that onenote mobile comes with onenote 2007, and that it will sync onenote files, not the one way transfer afforded in onenote 2003.

Anyone using this, or have more details?