Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone used a Vodafone 750v with a miniSD wifi card yet (for example, the Spectec 802.11b card)? Does it work? Also, most of the photos don't show the miniSD slot, but how usable is it? - i.e. it doesn't look like you will be able to close the cover, does this get in the way?
    I'd also like to know if a minisd wifi card works with the 750v!
    Where can you get this card from?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    There are some reviews of the card on Amazon. I think it is highly likely that it would work. However I find it a bit expensive at 80 dollars.

Just looked at the site of spectec. It should work fine with WM5. However I am wondering if it would fit inside the compartment. It looks to me that the card is slightly longer then the regular miniSD.
    Last edited by SpeedDemon; 10/11/2006 at 03:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
    Just looked at the site of spectec. It should work fine with WM5. However I am wondering if it would fit inside the compartment. It looks to me that the card is slightly longer then the regular miniSD.
    It definitely will jut out but it shouldnt be a problem as the slot cover is the flexi-rubber kind, similar to those found on most Sony hardware.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Has it been confirmed that you can use a wifi card on the 750? I didn't see it in Palm's "official" video.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I have it working... attached a few pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    So they CONVENIENTLY "forgot" to mention this in the Palm video.

They also don't mention it in official specs, I wonder why they want to hide wifi capabilty this way. You would think that they'd announce this a lot, being that the phone was basically for Europe first. They didn't even put it in the Asian release specs.

http://www.palm.com/sg/products/smar...50v/specs.html
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Oh yes, thanks for confirming that Jbcross!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
    There are some reviews of the card on Amazon. I think it is highly likely that it would work. However I find it a bit expensive at 80 dollars.

$80 seems normal. Palm's SD wifi card was $99. On Mobile Planet, they want $109 for the Spectec!! I'll be ordering from Amazon(if they're still in stock by the time the 750 gets here), they have a good return policy I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    I have it working... attached a few pics

Excellent you've confirmed it. Is the card too big for the flap to close?
    iPhone 8GB on T-Mo
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    $80 seems normal. Palm's SD wifi card was $99. On Mobile Planet, they want $109 for the Spectec!! I'll be ordering from Amazon(if they're still in stock by the time the 750 gets here), they have a good return policy I hear.
    I just bought a Jabra JX10 and a 1Gb miniSD so my cash is a bit low at the moment.....

JB thanks for clearing that up!
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Yes the card is too big to enable you to close the cover. The flap is the most annoiying aspect of it - being right handed it seems to get in the way a bit. I dont have this unlocked yet so I have not been able to use it fully --- but it seems to lack some of the snappyness that the wx has overall, unless that is a result of no sim...
    Wi-Fi is one of the few stick issues I'm having deciding between the TyTn and Treo750. But with 3G I won't need WiFi except specific and temporary cases, so I suppose I'll be able to deal with the inconvenience in those situations. The rest of the time I'm going to have a 1G or 2G storage card in there. I ran out of memory fast when I loaded up my 8125.
    So this is my issue. When the WiFi card is in there I won't be able to have storage
    I guess I'll have to be creative and careful how I use the memory so I don't need the card while I'm using Wi-Fi. I look forward to the challenge.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    Wi-Fi is one of the few stick issues I'm having deciding between the TyTn and Treo750. But with 3G I won't need WiFi except specific and temporary cases, so I suppose I'll be able to deal with the inconvenience in those situations. The rest of the time I'm going to have a 1G or 2G storage card in there. I ran out of memory fast when I loaded up my 8125.
    So this is my issue. When the WiFi card is in there I won't be able to have storage
    I guess I'll have to be creative and careful how I use the memory so I don't need the card while I'm using Wi-Fi. I look forward to the challenge.

I hear ya. I'm currently on a T-mo MDA and I absoutely love the new 750v and I feel the same way about the WIFI. IF that was implemented, I would have been one of the bidders on ebay for $1200(or maybe not).

It's a bit aggravating that Palm has come this far and lets us down again. I say this because I do rely on WIFI quite a bit.
    iPhone 8GB on T-Mo
    Yes the card is too big to enable you to close the cover. The flap is the most annoiying aspect of it - being right handed it seems to get in the way a bit.
    This is why they should have left the SD/MiniSD slot at the top, as it wouldn't interfere with holding the device...but anyhoo glad to know it does work if necessary.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    So what did you need to do to get the card to work? I put it in and I hear the insertion sound, but it doesn't seem to be recognized. It doesn't show up in any of the settings. Is there something to install?

Yes the card is too big to enable you to close the cover. The flap is the most annoiying aspect of it - being right handed it seems to get in the way a bit. I dont have this unlocked yet so I have not been able to use it fully --- but it seems to lack some of the snappyness that the wx has overall, unless that is a result of no sim...
    Never mind, I see that there are drivers on the mini CD that came with it. But this won't work in my laptop so I'm going to need to find a way to get them across.
    Are the drivers downloadable from Spectec's website?

Also, what do you need to play a mini CD if it won't work?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast