Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsaa View Post
    Ya l looked into this a bit further and found one on ebay here is the link.
    So if you use the micro-to-mini adapter, then you'd be able to close the flap?

Anyone gonna test this out?

[I'm on the fence still about either waiting for Cingular or going for Voda]
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Im not sure if you would be able to close the flap or not because if you look at the pic of the micro card it looks like it too is a little longer than a normal card and if so it would stick out of the mini adapter. I think the benefit would be having the 11g speeds. Although like I said in an earlier post if you look on the spectec support page they show an 11g mini SD card but I dont actually see it on their product page. So who knows when that will be out but at least it looks like its an actual product. What I want to know is there going to be a mini SD wifi card that also has a gig of free space on it? now that I would buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjasjit View Post
    [I'm on the fence still about either waiting for Cingular or going for Voda]
    As of last word, Palm is saying it'll ship early in Q3 (Q3 is Dec-March.) That would imply they intend to ship it during December if it remains on track.
    I hope it does. I got the 8525 which I really reall like, but the mic. broke on it and instead of exchanging it I returned it for a refund to Cingular in the hopes the the 750 would be out soon.

As for the benefit to using the microSD, like burnsaa says, it may not make it any easier to close the door. It may or may not, I guess we'll have to see.
    But the other benefit is that it uses different drivers which may work better than the MiniSD drivers.
    I have the MiniSD card in anticipation of getting a 750. I'm also going to get the MicroSD version with the adapter. If a MiniSD 802.11-G comes out I'll get that too.
    As soon as Cingular starts selling 750's I'll be able to tell you which one works and fits better. But I'm not paying for a Voda.
    All I have purchased the miniSD wifi card (working with a 750V) and after installing, removing and re-intalling again I finally got the card to work. Unfortunately I took the card out and then tried to use it a day later and had absolutely no luck getting it to work again. . .even after reading this thread and doing the soft resets as recommended with the card in the slot. I believe the driver is just plain bad.

Any advice on getting it to work a second time around? Thanks all.
    That sucks. I'm hoping to have a Cingular Treo 750 within the next 2 weeks (Dec 9th is the buzz.) I had hopes that this card word work semi-ok. I have the Mini SD WiFi card already.

This reminds me. I was going to get the MicroSD WiFi card if I could find a mico-to-mini SD adapter. And try it.
    If I do, I'll definitely post here as to which works better.
    I found Micro-SD to Mini-SD adapters at ewiz.com Also on EBay.
    But so far I have not been able to locate anyone selling the spectec Micro-SD Wifi Card. I go the mini-SD wifi card off of Amazon.com, but no one seems to be selling the Micro-SD version.
    I'd really like to get it and see if it works better.
    If anyone locates it, let me know.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    BELOW IS A COPY OF MY (EDITED) EMAILS TO THEM...

Maybe MAR
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: S. T.
    Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 11:35 PM
    Subject: RE: microSDIO WiFi Card

Any updates on this much awaited card? Thanks.

----------------------

Jeff

Maybe MAR
    To: S. T. JOUNG
    Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 11:35 PM
    Subject: RE: microSDIO WiFi Card

Any updates on this much awaited card? Thanks.

----------------------

Jeff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 9:11 PM
    To: Jeff
    Subject: Fw: microSDIO WiFi Card

To: jbcross@

Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 10:06 AM

Subject: Re: microSDIO WiFi Card

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for inquiry.

Model: SDW-823 is still under going, may need another 2~3 monthes.

Allow me to inform you once available.

Best Regards,

Justin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 9:11 PM
    To: Jeff
    Subject: Fw: microSDIO WiFi Card

To: jbcross

Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 10:06 AM

Subject: Re: microSDIO WiFi Card

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for inquiry.

Model: SDW-823 is still under going, may need another 2~3 monthes.

Allow me to inform you once available.

Best Regards,

Justin
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I'm still testing trying to determine the exact behavior. But so far it seems that if the Treo is soft reset and the card in not in the slot, it will not recognize the card when it is inserted later. I think if the card was initially in you can take the card out and insert it later as long as you don't reset. But I'm not certain yet. I've also seen a couple of times where the card was in the slot and wifi suddenly stopped working. I'd almost suspect the card slot was bad, but the memory card is working flawlessly so I don't think it's a Treo hardware problem.
    Any luck figuring this out? I still have the same problem after downloading the new driver from January on the Spectec site. It worked earlier, when I installed the card as one of the first 3rd party apps. But after a hard reset and installing it late, I get this stupid reset-while-in-slot-in-order-to-work errors.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234