Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    After extensive searching, I can't seem to find the information I am looking for.

I am aware about the 700wx's bluetooth woes. I have a treo 650, and it works very well with my new Plantronics 655 headset. I am upgrading to the 700wx in a few days, and I'm very curious as to what the performance is going to be like. I know Palm has refused to put most all Plantronics headsets(except the 640) on the compatible list due to instability.

I would like to hear some personal experiences with the 700wx and the 655, so I can decide whether or not to look for an alternative headset. I pretty much turn my headset off and don't wear it unless I make a call, so long term stability isn't a concern of mine, I just don't want it to drop a call every 5 minutes. If the only issue is turning bluetooth off every few hours, so be it.... I'll just map Bluetooth On/Off to the side button.
    I can't speak on the 655. I've only tried the Motorola H700 and Scala Cardo 500. It seems like a lot of people are having the same problems across the board with most headsets (even ones on the approved list).

I'm not sure, but as far as I know, you can't map the bluetooth settings to a button like you could on the 650, but you can tap the bluetooth icon from the today screen to get there.

I'd recommend getting a headset that's quick and easy to turn on and off - you'll be doing that a lot. But the 700wx is still worth it.

See this post...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=124309
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I had the Plantronics 640 with the 700wx and I had issues the whole time. Drop offs and it would take a while to pair. I just got the Jabra jx10 and have not had one issue, by far the best headset that I have used. Also, you can use the Jabra ear jells and the sound quality is much better and much louder. I would buy it from best buy and make sure you like it and it works well then order it on line for 89.99 and return the one to best buy. I don't know how best buy can charge 179 but you can get it on line for 89.
    yesterday I received the 655 headset for my 700wx... I'm sending it back today. I can hear static while the phone is in my pocket and if I get farther than 3 feet from the phone the reception is awful. I first bought the plantronics 640 and IMO that's the best headset for the 700wx. I thought that buying the 655 would be an 'upgrade' over the 640, but I can now see that the 640 is the best headset for the 700wx.

fyi, I also owned the jabra 250 and the plantronics 320...
    Quote Originally Posted by rotty2004 View Post
    yesterday I received the 655 headset for my 700wx... I'm sending it back today. I can hear static while the phone is in my pocket and if I get farther than 3 feet from the phone the reception is awful. I first bought the plantronics 640 and IMO that's the best headset for the 700wx. I thought that buying the 655 would be an 'upgrade' over the 640, but I can now see that the 640 is the best headset for the 700wx.

fyi, I also owned the jabra 250 and the plantronics 320...
    I too love the P 640 but for me at least, it doesn't jive very well with the 700wx (where it was perfect with the 650 and 6700).

I get frequent disconnects. The only way I know to "solve" it is to turn BT on, pair and then soft-reset. Now when it reboots and BT is still on it re-pairs up and holds the entire time. That is until you turn BT off, then it'll disconnect after X time (anywhere from 5 mins to 45 mins).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter