Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 700wx, and have set up profiles in PhoneAlarm; I haven't been able to change the default screen brightness on any of them. Is this specific to my phone? (I don't have much software installed, so I don't think there are conflicts.)
    I had left a message for the developer stating the same problem. Apparently it is actually an issue with the 700wx that prevents the screen brightness setting from within PhoneAlarm to take effect on the device.
  3.    #3  
    I did a hard reset and restore with Sprite. PhoneAlarm is not ready for prime time on the 700wx, IMO. Besides the brightness issue, my keyboard would stay lit whenever an email would come in. Volume controls on notifications were also iffy, at least on my device.

Please let us know when you hear back from the developer.
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    PhoneAlarm is not ready for prime time on the 700wx, IMO.
    I'm sure its tough for a developer to make a program work perfectly for all of the different WM5 devices. I really like PhoneAlarm, but like you, I'm having a lot of issues that are outweighing the benefits. Hopefully many of these issues will be cleared up in v1.6.
    besides the screen brightness issue, all my notifications work fine and I have no issues with my keyboard lights staying on when I get an email.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    The newest version of PhoneAlarm cleared up many of the issues that I was experiencing. However, the screen brightness issue is still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvDucs View Post
    The newest version of PhoneAlarm cleared up many of the issues that I was experiencing. However, the screen brightness issue is still there.
    Yeah Bruce is aware of this.

He announced today that in his 1.60 version (which will be a pretty significant upgrade) he's going to address the Treo backlight issue (and he even said he'll try to get a tool for the KB lights too )

So we'll just have to wait a bit but it'll all work out.

Hey Mal, have you ever had a problem with the auto-complete for typing in contacts to send an email or a text message? Mine was always tanking out on me until I uninstalled PA, which was a real pain since it forced me to send texts and emails through the actual contact screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    Hey Mal, have you ever had a problem with the auto-complete for typing in contacts to send an email or a text message? Mine was always tanking out on me until I uninstalled PA, which was a real pain since it forced me to send texts and emails through the actual contact screen.
    nope. working fine here.

hmmm maybe thats why when i had phonealarm installed the backlight for the screen kept auto dimming out even though i have it set for always on, phonealarm settings were overriding the system settings for the backlight..?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Well I was having no problems at all, then I decided to upgrade to 1.55 from 1.54

When I put my device to sleep now the keyboard lights will come on randomly. Sometimes the screen comes on too but goes off in a second, however, the keyboard remains lit up.

Anyone else experience this?
    I had to uninstall phone alarm because it kept turning the system and ringer volume to half volume.

I turn both of these off at night but keep the phone bedside since Chronos is the best way to get a person up in the morning. But every morning I would be surprised by one odd sound or another then realizing the volume was up. I thought about posting this at pocketmax but I don't have time to read the board for 2 hours before posting (which, if you respect Bruce, that is what any good forum member would do), that guy is right up there with Marc with Chatter and Jeff Gibson.

Anyone else notice this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Well I was having no problems at all, then I decided to upgrade to 1.55 from 1.54

When I put my device to sleep now the keyboard lights will come on randomly. Sometimes the screen comes on too but goes off in a second, however, the keyboard remains lit up.

Anyone else experience this?
    Try a full unininstall/re install. I think I read someplace on the forums that people's KB lights randomly would light up (mine did too till I did a registry restore). I can say mine is definitely not doing that now.

notjpr
    : no, my volume settings work very well and the way they should. You're setting them via PA and using a Profile? I'd suggest either a full uninstall/reinstall OR enabe logging and send it to Bruce at his email.

**UPDATE**: From Bruce at PA

Hi,

Related to this some Palm Treo users reported blinking keyboard lights with v1.55 of phoneAlarm.

If any of you have that issue - send me an email for a test version and will see if I can fix that!!
    Last edited by Malatesta; 10/05/2006 at 10:18 AM.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I am also experiencing a problem with the backlight. When I have the power cord plugged in, it keeps resetting after 30-40 seconds. I'll go into the backlight options and set it to where I want it, and 30-40 seconds later, it will go completely dim again.

Another note with the program, I have set up the notifications to "Ignore" while on a call. When I am on the phone and get a text message, it still notifies me of the message. Am I misunderstanding this feature?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Did full uninstall and reinstalled 1.54 and it works the same way it did before. I guess I won't upgrade until the issue is resolved.
    Two things:

Version 1.55.1 (build 75) has been released

Whats Fixed:
    -Treo keyboard backlight fix on auto-switch

Also, very important:

Hi,

Will start a small test group tomorrow (Tuesday) to resolve the open issues on Treo devices.

Known issues:

Treo 700wx backlight
    Treo keyboard backlight
    ??

If you have time to run a few test versions this week please contact me via email "support AT pocketmax.net"

Include your device type, and any open problems that you have with phoneAlarm (v1.55 or v1.55.1)

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    That's great!!

Is this only in the cab file? My previous install was from the exe file. Will this just replace it for now?

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    That's great!!

Is this only in the cab file? My previous install was from the exe file. Will this just replace it for now?

Greg
    Yeah, I just put on my Storage card and it does the normal uninstall/reinstall, keeping your settings.

Sometimes I have "issues" doing this requiring me to soft-reset and reinstall but no biggy.

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    no biggie? you have more time than I do ;-)
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    So I take it this doesn't fix the backlight coming on randomly while the device is on standby?

I'm afraid to upgrade if I'm not sure, when I went to 1.55 and found that issue it was a pain to go back to 1.54
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast