1.    #1  
    I've had it with WM5's Outlook support and have gone strictly to dealing with POP3/SMTP accounts. I disabled wireless sync with Outlook but now I have two remaining problems:

1. On my Start page it always says "Outlook E-mail: 1 Unread", even though I have checked all my old Outlook folders and cannot find a single message, let alone a new one.

2. I still have a boatload of folders in my Outlook account.

Does anyone know if there is there any way to clear the entire Outlook mail account on my Treo 700w so these problems go away?

Thanks!
    Palm Treo 700w, Motorola Q
    Fully Converged, Cell Phone Videos
  2.    #2  
    Seems to have gotten worse. Now I have:

- 1 POP account with a message (spam) I cannot delete (says 1 Unread)

- 1 POP account with no messages, yet on the Home screen it says "1 Unread"

- Outlook still says "1 Unread" even though there are no messages anywhere

Does anyone know how to completely reset a mailbox (including Outlook Email) without having to delete the account and start over (which you can't do with Outlook as far as I know) or re-install the OS from scratch?
    I'm not sure if this will help but if you open Outlook then open the menu (right softkey) and select "Tools" > "Manage Folders". You can scroll through the list of folders. To delete one, just hit the center button or use your stylus to click and hold on the folder. Select "delete"...

On occasion, I get the "Unread" email notification even if I don't have any new email. Most of the time this happens after a soft reset. Once I know all the messages are deleted, I do a "Send and Receive" to sync to the server account and that takes care of it for me...

A
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by aloper View Post
    I'm not sure if this will help but if you open Outlook then open the menu (right softkey) and select "Tools" > "Manage Folders". You can scroll through the list of folders. To delete one, just hit the center button or use your stylus to click and hold on the folder. Select "delete"...

On occasion, I get the "Unread" email notification even if I don't have any new email. Most of the time this happens after a soft reset. Once I know all the messages are deleted, I do a "Send and Receive" to sync to the server account and that takes care of it for me...

A
    A, thank you for the reply!

- Manage Folders is grayed out. I've never been able to access it.

- I've tried doing a soft reset, hard reset, and S&R doesn't get rid of the problems.

Still hunting for answers... thanks though!
    How about deleting the folders and emails on your desktop and then re-syncing?
  6.    #6  
    Outlook: I'm no longer using Wireless Sync. As far as I'm concerned, if I could delete Outlook on my Treo entirely, I'd be a happy camper.

POP: None are synced with my PC. I actually rarely sync my Treo with my PC due to ActiveSync problems that have plagued me for years

I've tried deleting every and any messaging file I can find on my Treo, including all files under Windows\messaging
  7.    #7  
    Well, I took some extreme measures to resolve the POP accounts: I deleted them, then added them back. Problem is solved for the POPs.

However I can't clear out, delete, annihilate or otherwise destroy the darn Outlook profile. So this issue still remains... the mysterious "1 Unread" message that doesn't exist:

- Outlook still says "1 Unread" even though there are no messages anywhere
    google "fixunreadcount" install the program and run it. your problems will be solved as was mine.

Link:
    http://www.freewareppc.com/communica...eadcount.shtml
  9.    #9  
    boboo, you are a pure genius! That's it!

It solved my "1 Unread" in Outlook!

I'm sure if I hadn't re-done all my POP accounts it would have fixed them as well.

Thanks so much!