Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142
    Patched has been released, and I can verify that it works for Verizon and the AIM via SMS problems. I don't know anyone with T-Mobile so I can't verify that.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...SMS/index.html

Also, see this post: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129185
    the 1/2 hell is now fixed also!
    i guess this thread can FINNALY be closed. yes
    I've been reading this thread through this entire situation, and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the constant updates. I'm still a bit upset that it took this long, but at least we've got a patch now!
    Close it down folks, SMS works and works with the threaded app. I can finally say I have a treo again
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    thank god this patch os out!! just downloaded it and installed it.. everthing is gravy train now!!!!!
    Hello Patch!

No, it's nothing fancy like threaded sms, but I prefer a faster fix myself. (of course, I just switched over to t-mobile on an unlocked 750v last night, so it figures that last night is when they fixed it.)
    Thanks for keeping me up-to-date regarding the issue. I was able to get 2 months of text messaging refunded and now the phone works like it should.

I enjoyed the treaded messaging when I had tested the 700p. To make the program work on the 700wx, is the registry fix I've seen listed worth it?
    Glad I just got my treo two weeks ago... so I only had to wait a short time for this fix. Unlike the guys that had to wait eight weeks, feel bad for them.

I feel even worse for the people that just dumped or returned their Treos because of this. Now its fixed.

Anyways... good times.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post
    I feel even worse for the people that just dumped or returned their Treos because of this. Now its fixed.
    Yeah that sucks for people who switched carriers like last week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Uneek View Post
    Yeah that sucks for people who switched carriers like last week or so.
    <----------

Too late now. I love the new phone though, so I'll be OK
    Got everything working....thank goodness. The threaded messaging fix is beautiful and works seamlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
    Patched has been released, and I can verify that it works for Verizon and the AIM via SMS problems. I don't know anyone with T-Mobile so I can't verify that.
    I've confirmed it on my Treo 700wx: the patch works. I can send texts to Verizon and T-Mobile now.
    Hey all- thanks for all the helpful info. I've been dealing with this for a while and I'm happy to hear it's fixed. I installed the patch and indeed, my message went through to a friend on Verizon...twice. Anybody else having this problem? I sent 1 message and he got it double. It wasn't part 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 or anything like that. Exact same message twice. I'm testing now to see if he always gets doubles like that or if it was a fluke. Also, when he responded, I got his message double. Is this common?

Another problem I'm having that I'm curious if anyone else with the 700wx from sprint is having is that about 30% of my calls, I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. I have plenty of signal and sometimes hanging up and calling back works...but sometimes not. It happens on incoming and outgoing calls to all types of callers and carriers. For a while it seemed like my data connection wasn't disconnection during the call and I thought that was it but I've tried diconnecting before making a call and I'm still having it. I don't mean to hijack the thread, just curious if anyone else is having the issue. If so, maybe we can start a new thread.
    I just had to post about this because I find it so amazing. I called in to Sprint Customer Relations to try and get some credit for the last two months of SMS that I've been paying for (I pay $8/month for unlimited SMS - they charge me $15 and credit me $7 every month) - somehow the rep misunderstood me and not only credited me $115 for the past 7 or so months that I've been paying for SMS, but had her supervisor change it so that I won't pay anything for SMS going forward...how amazing is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmcdowell357 View Post
    Close it down folks, SMS works and works with the threaded app. I can finally say I have a treo again
    <Closed>
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142