Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142 LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 836
  1. #801  
    The more and more I hear people being compensated for the problems, the more I think about class action law suit. That would be interesting.
  2. #802  
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR View Post
    I got Palm to give me 20% back on my purchase price of the phone for failing to include the advertised feature of threaded text messaging. I'm sure others have, too.
    Did you buy direct from Palm or Sprint??
  3. #803  
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasDave555 View Post
    Did you buy direct from Palm or Sprint??
    Sprint
  4. #804  
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR View Post
    I got Palm to give me 20% back on my purchase price of the phone for failing to include the advertised feature of threaded text messaging. I'm sure others have, too.
    Wow, may I ask how you did that? Who at Palm did you call and may I have that number too please?
  5. #805  
    Quote Originally Posted by ManLee View Post
    Wow, may I ask how you did that? Who at Palm did you call and may I have that number too please?
    I went through their Corporate Customer Support.

    It took a long time and I am a very good negotiator.

    I don't have the number, but you can get it from the regular customer support folks.
  6. #806  
    I bought direct from Sprint......

    I have lodged a formal complaint since 10-2, and am on record with their Tech support and customer support.

    I told them that I am going to sue them for breach of contract, and possibly go after them for damages that I have incurred due to the texting issue.

    I told them that they will be refunding me for my full purchase of 2 700wx's (for me and the wife).

    They told me today that it will be fixed within one week....dont think so. The ball is in my court right now, i am just not sure that I want to switch to another carrier.

    They have given me a $100 credit in the mean time for my troubles.
  7. #807  
    I'm all for some type of class action suit against Sprint and Palm...if nothing else, it might finally get Sprint to start taking customers like us seriously and actually assisting us (instead of being more worried about bringing new customers onboard and less worried about assisting existing customers) and might force Palm to actually resolve this problem much sooner. I don't even think the suit would have to go to court...a verifiable legitimate threat of court action with the necessary backing would probably scare Sprint and Palm (imagine the bad press that would come from a large group of customers rising up to sue the carrier).

    All that we need now is for someone with a little time on their hands to get the ball rolling on this. There are obviously a lot of visitors to this thread (and a lot of posters already), so maybe someone could volunteer to start collecting information, contact attorney's, etc. and post updates here, etc.

    I would love to do this myself (because nothing would give me more satisfaction then to nail Sprint), but unfortunately I just don't have the time to devote to such a project. But if someone else wants to pick this up...I'd definitely be one of the people who'd be willing to join in on a class action suit.
  8. #808  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman View Post
    I'm all for some type of class action suit against Sprint and Palm...if nothing else, it might finally get Sprint to start taking customers like us seriously and actually assisting us (instead of being more worried about bringing new customers onboard and less worried about assisting existing customers) and might force Palm to actually resolve this problem much sooner. I don't even think the suit would have to go to court...a verifiable legitimate threat of court action with the necessary backing would probably scare Sprint and Palm (imagine the bad press that would come from a large group of customers rising up to sue the carrier).

    All that we need now is for someone with a little time on their hands to get the ball rolling on this. There are obviously a lot of visitors to this thread (and a lot of posters already), so maybe someone could volunteer to start collecting information, contact attorney's, etc. and post updates here, etc.

    I would love to do this myself (because nothing would give me more satisfaction then to nail Sprint), but unfortunately I just don't have the time to devote to such a project. But if someone else wants to pick this up...I'd definitely be one of the people who'd be willing to join in on a class action suit.
    I'm up for it. I'll even be willing to donate some money. The problem is, we got the shaft and even though some people would love to believe that Palm and Sprint are busting their a$$es off to help us out. The truth of the story is that they got their money and we got our toy and that's all that really matters and it's quite possible a few people here and there within Sprint and Palm that actually care. We can't let manufacturers and retailers keep shafting consumers and give us a cold shoulder when a problem starts brewing. Look at how many people have looked at this thread and how many people have posted and the fact we've gotten the word out to a few "high profile" web sites. We have enough backbone to do something about this people.
  9. #809  
    just to fill everyone in... the word here on tc was that the update that was set for late november is still on as scheduled. rumor was it was pushed back to late december.

    I had to call retentions AGAIN today due to extra charges on my bill. while I was complaining about my 3 billing errors I mentioned my 7 weeks with no text messageing. I was shocked... while I was talking she pulled up known errors/problems with the 700wx and read to me about the problem. she also read to me that the fix was set for late november. she said she was confident there was no changes to this time fram as of today. it did say that it was a patch. just thought I would share.

    cody
  10. #810  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    just to fill everyone in... the word here on tc was that the update that was set for late november is still on as scheduled. rumor was it was pushed back to late december.

    I had to call retentions AGAIN today due to extra charges on my bill. while I was complaining about my 3 billing errors I mentioned my 7 weeks with no text messageing. I was shocked... while I was talking she pulled up known errors/problems with the 700wx and read to me about the problem. she also read to me that the fix was set for late november. she said she was confident there was no changes to this time fram as of today. it did say that it was a patch. just thought I would share.

    cody
    Good info Cody.

    I'm still betting it's late November. I think the "by the end of the year" is Palm just covering their **** in case they do run into a snag.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  11. #811  
    i'm ridiculously disgusted with this whole thing. They also told me that the fix was the end of November.

    Now, i've read that some of you complained to Palm. I know this is a stupid quesiton, but this phone is from Palm? I was given this phone as a replacement because my 650 was stolen. I didn't know it was a Palm phone - didn't see any evidence of it.

    I was going to call and complain - see what kind of compensation i get becuase of the inconvenience. Is it worth it to do it? I see some people were successful. It just p-sses me off that i'm paying for texting that i can't do. AND i didn't even really want this phone. I was happy with the 650. I'm having a heck of a time getting the email set up and everything was set on the 650 just perfectly.
  12. #812  
    Quote Originally Posted by yeslek99 View Post
    I know this is a stupid quesiton, but this phone is from Palm? I was given this phone as a replacement because my 650 was stolen. I didn't know it was a Palm phone - didn't see any evidence of it.
    Wait a minute... time out. You had a 650...you have the 700wx and you have no idea it was from palm?
  13. #813  
    i know...how embarassing is that? actaully, i really am an airhead. i just looked on the phone and saw palm. OK, now you all can make fun of me.

    i just didn't see palm at the start up like i used to. i'm really not that stupid. my IQ tested at 140 when i was in 2nd grade. ....but that was 20 years ago...i guess things have gone downhill from there.

    but seriously the email thing is kicking my as-. i had snappermail with the 650 and set up both my business and personal with no problems.
  14. bobdelt's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #814  
  15. #815  
    im actually contemplating just switching to a high end phone from sprint. this is getting real silly..
  16. #816  
    Quote Originally Posted by kangolslimm View Post
    im actually contemplating just switching to a high end phone from sprint. this is getting real silly..
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... but this IS a high end phone. Doesn't get more expensive that 649.99...

    BTW, if anyone is considering the DASH... it's a solid feeling unit but it's SLOW and WM5 Smartphone. Played with my friend's last night... not impressed.
  17. ajpanah's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #817  
    yea i was thinking about getting the Dash as well... hmm.. guess ill have to see what its all about.
  18. #818  
    Sprint customer service complaining:

    usually sprint retentions are great. Not today, apparently. Rep #1 refused to credit for text messages, then hung up on me. Rep #2 also refused, so I had to talk to a supervisor to get even a minor credit.

    I also told them I was seriously considering cancelling service and porting my number. Offered to bend over backwards to keep service - just let me open a new line with you folks and then I'd port my number over to another carrier. No help WHATSOEVER. "Please do what you can to keep me as a customer. I'm willing to go very far to maintain a line of service with you." "sorry sir."

    $%&@%@#!^#$%&%^*@%!@#%^*@%@#%@#$@#~$^*#$%^&%^&($%^@$%2345
  19. #819  
    A friend of mine is just drooling to get my 700wx if I switch to a 750 on cingular. I'm just really happy with Sprints data plan though. The sms fiasco probably isn't enough to make me switch on its own since there is a workaround and a fix in the fairly near future. Sprints customer service really really sucks. Is it enough to make me switch?

    Maybe, but the other carrier's data plan and service would have to be somewhat comparable. It's not clear whether Cingular's network is up to speed where I live. When I had Cingular several years ago it wasn't impressive at all. I hope things have changed since then, but I'm not holding my breath.

    Does Sprints low data plan prices make up for their bad customer service? For now the answer is still yes.
  20. #820  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post

    Does Sprints low data plan prices make up for their bad customer service? For now the answer is still yes.
    as for me, I could go any where else. I have 4 phones on my account and pay $130. we talk as much as we need to. I added my wx on my account for $10 for the extra line on to shared plan, $5 for unlimited data, 500 free text messages. I couldn't beat that anywhere. with the $6 for insurance I pay $21 a month. I have a lot of nextel and sprint friends and co workers. the free mobile to mobile is a must for me. 80% of my calls are free (mobile to mobile).

    cody

Posting Permissions