Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i couldn't have said it better my self.
    Eh, to a degree we all are. We obviously didn't buy the most advanced device on the market... but we still stick to PALM as they stick it to us.

It's kind of funny that they haven't really changed their practices throughout the many incarnations of the company. At least they are consistent on that note.
    Palm Responds (as best they can)

(anybody think I can get sprint to break my contract for free over this?)
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post

You'd have to read the contract clearly, but I bet you could get out of the contract if you make a big enough fuss. What's happening here goes beyond what a reasonable and prudent person would consider an acceptable, temporary loss of service that the contract likely provides for. They are not holding up their end of the contract which is why they are placating ppl with rate cuts, refunds, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    You'd have to read the contract clearly, but I bet you could get out of the contract if you make a big enough fuss. What's happening here goes beyond what a reasonable and prudent person would consider an acceptable, temporary loss of service that the contract likely provides for. They are not holding up their end of the contract which is why they are placating ppl with rate cuts, refunds, etc.
    When I last spoke to retentions, the rep said that due to my issues with my phone and previous rude CD reps, I can leave Sprint without the ETF. I'm gonna hold off for a lil longer and see if any new phones are going to be released in December from other carriers. It's a shame, aside from the text messages, I really do love this phones' features and form factor along with my plan.

Well then this confirms it. The November estimate is now bunk. It's going to end up being 3 months before this thing gets fixed.

Someone with more experience please answer me this: Would a problem of this size go unsolved for this long with Verizon, T-Mobile, or Cingular?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    Well then this confirms it. The November estimate is now bunk. It's going to end up being 3 months before this thing gets fixed.

Someone with more experience please answer me this: Would a problem of this size go unsolved for this long with Verizon, T-Mobile, or Cingular?
    Yes. Palm's fault for the delay, not Sprint.

The right question would be "would this happen in the first place," which I cannot answer
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I cant believe this... I've been watching this forum everyday since it started hoping that the fix would be out when I checked... This is insane... I love this phone but I text sooo much, I don't care if theyll reimburse me for the service, I just need this capability... I seriously might have to switch to a different carrier... The end of December... this is ridiculous , maybe I'll just switch to the 700p, does it still have problems?
    THIS IS SOME BULL ISH. I am beyond frustrated.....
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    That is a common pattern of Palm. The reason I upgraded from the 700w to 700wx was due to the lack of memory which was highly controversial at the time whether Palm intensionally crippled the w so you had to upgrade to the wx.

Hey if we are stupid enough to fall into their trap shame on us. I don't seem to ever learn my lesson.
    Although I do understand your point you are not comparing apples to apples. With the 700W the lack of memory was something that everyone who purchased the device could see BEFORE they purchased the phone. It was a part of the specs - whether this is something that Palm did intentionally or not is something that has already been discussed to death.

With the Treo 700wx many of us did not experience the problems until quite some time AFTER we had purchased the device, and had been using it for some time.
    Argh this is too much to bare. Just canceled my Sprint, requested and RMA for the 700WX.

I then ordered a 750v. Should be here tomorrow. Hate to pay $30.00 for data with T-Mobile, but what are ya going to do eh?
    i activated my WX on Oct 10, but upgraded to unlimited messages earlier on Sept 27thish..? so how much credit should they owe me ? one full months worth plus pro-rated per message just like they charge?? its weird cause they had messed up by deleting my unlimited data and charging me for that, and they were also charging me pro-rated for messages cause it was not activated at the end/start of a billing cycle, which i think is around the 20th. I already called earlier to get credit for the data stuff, but no credit for the messaging cause they were gonna have to confirm that the messages didnt work but transfering me to a tech and i couldnt at the time cause i was using the phone and we werent gonna be able to reset and all that. I checked online right now and it still seems my bill is way off, I need to wait for the new pbill to see what my final total is and ask for credit before i pay it off. What bastards they are.

EDIT:
    -------
    also... i wanted to ask this question... On my Treo 650, if i took pictures and sent them to somebody, the would be uploaded online and i could go to the sprint site and see them. since I upgraded to the 700WX, i dont see that feature online anymore. Is this because the 700 doesnt support MMS? AND... WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL MY PICS I HAD UPLOADED AND SAVED ONLINE?? im guessing they are all gone now... =(
    Last edited by gordo2dope; 11/16/2006 at 10:20 PM.
    I heard that this is do to a network upgrade on Sprint's side, that supposedly the WX should have supported. Sprint can't roll back, so Palm is forced to work around.

Boo to Palm and Sprint.

P.S. - I heard there is an email workaround... Not sure if my source at Sprint is playing games with me or not.
    P.S.S. - In either case this is about to get alot more coverage than you might have hoped for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr View Post
    I heard that this is do to a network upgrade on Sprint's side, that supposedly the WX should have supported. Sprint can't roll back, so Palm is forced to work around.

Boo to Palm and Sprint.

P.S. - I heard there is an email workaround... Not sure if my source at Sprint is playing games with me or not.
    P.S.S. - In either case this is about to get alot more coverage than you might have hoped for.

email workaround is posted way back in this tread with email addresses for the various carriers. You just put the phone number first then the address... problem though is knowing which network they are on. Not a problem for someone you text all the time, but can be an issue for those whom you have clue who they use.

Onto the response from Palm..... this problem isn't THAT difficult, hell they bring out new devices about every 4 months. They are just being lazy with the update.
    Great that Palm acknowledges this problem and has FINALLY made a public statement as to when it plans to resolve this issue. Now only if we can also get them to deliver threaded SMS/text messaging as preliminary sales collateral, spec sheets, and website content previously guaranteed before the device launch.... Should someone make a fuss over this? Perhaps Dieter (or someone else) can interview Palm to check on a deadline for threaded SMS? For a high-end device costing $650, it's not meeting expectations or delivering features previously mentioned. Anyone agree??
    Quote Originally Posted by ManLee View Post
    Great that Palm acknowledges this problem and has FINALLY made a public statement as to when it plans to resolve this issue. Now only if we can also get them to deliver threaded SMS/text messaging as preliminary sales collateral, spec sheets, and website content previously guaranteed before the device launch.... Should someone make a fuss over this? Perhaps Dieter (or someone else) can interview Palm to check on a deadline for threaded SMS? For a high-end device costing $650, it's not meeting expectations or delivering features previously mentioned. Anyone agree??
    Well, I can ask about threaded SMS next chance I get, but so far as I can remember Palm never actually promised that.

Sometimes I feel like Palm must get held to a higher carrier-approving-the-ROM standard than other smartphone makers.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    This sucks....first the fat boys break up, now this.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Well, I can ask about threaded SMS next chance I get, but so far as I can remember Palm never actually promised that.

Sometimes I feel like Palm must get held to a higher carrier-approving-the-ROM standard than other smartphone makers.
    I think this thread started by Darth Pooh found at http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=124554 states Palm released on its website that the 700w|x would come with threaded SMS. Would be nice to have so we wouldn't have to do so much beta testing with the current threaded SMS apps being developed and everyone's time, esp. that of the developers, could be devoted to other matters.
    is everyone receiving texts today? i was getting sms messages earlier but now none are coming through. i can send fine. i have a treo 700wx btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManLee View Post
    I got Palm to give me 20% back on my purchase price of the phone for failing to include the advertised feature of threaded text messaging. I'm sure others have, too.
    Depends on how you define promise.

They certianly advertised that it was in included feature.