Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 836
  1. #61  
    I called Sprint about this last week and a ticket was opened. After reading that people are calling and being told that there is not an issue, I decided to call back. I phoned directly to the techincal support department.

    There is an issue. They know what it's affecting lots of phones.

    It has been elevated to the Advanced Team (whatever that means).

    Thus far, they have confimed that there is an issue sending messages to other carriers, particularly Verizon and T-Mobile. It appears to the a Windows issue related to the handset -- 700wx specifically.

    If you have a ticked opened, it may be closed but they are still working on the issue.
  2. #62  
    I posted the Palm' response sometime yesterday. The Sprint response is below. Note, again, that they call it a handset issue that requires a software upgrade.

    Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel.

    I apologize that you did not receive a call back from our technical department when the trouble ticket was closed, informing you of what was found while researching the issue. I will be more than happy to address your concerns.

    I can understand how frustrating it must be to not be able to send your text messages to people with other carriers. As you stated, this is a known issue with the Treo 700w and will require a software upgrade. I suggest contacting Palm customer support as they will be able to let you know when this software upgrade will be available. Once it is available you can call our Technical Support team or visit your local Sprint service center to have the upgrade installed on your phone.

    In the meantime, I suggest trying to send the text messages my using the recipients phone email address. I understand this is not the ideal solution but we certainly appreciate your patience while waiting for the software upgrade.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I posted the Palm' response sometime yesterday. The Sprint response is below. Note, again, that they call it a handset issue that requires a software upgrade.
    Thanks, I hadn't seen that. That's entirely consistent with what I heard from Sprint.

    Odd that this issue only appeard on Oct. 3, but requires a software upgrade. What was it, a trojan?
  4. #64  
    So palm is pointing the finger at Sprint & Sprint is blaming palm! Sounds like this issue is going to be resolved real soon!
  5. #65  
    Yea they just called me and said i could get a cheap phone until they fix it or I can switch to the 700p...I have always used WM so switching is not a good thing for me...how long would an update take from palm...would it be a week, anything like this happened in the past? Sorry trying to learn here....
    Last edited by TreoMeat; 10/09/2006 at 09:16 PM.
  6. #66  
    TreoMeat - the real question is whether or not an update will really be necessary. My suspicion is that they do not know what they are talking about. I just checked my personal email and got a response from Sprint. See below. Very inconsistent responses we are getting. Anybody have any other ideas????

    Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel.

    I would like to begin by apologizing for any inconvenience and frustration that has been caused due to this issue.

    At this time no information is found regarding a known issue with sending text messages to other carries with the new Palm Treo 700w.

    In order to determine the problem with your phone and the text messaging, we may need to perform a few simple tests on it. Please contact us at 1-888-211-4727 from a phone other than your PCS phone.

    When you hear the voice prompts, say ?Wireless Web?. You will be forwarded to Technical Support where a specialist will be glad to assist you.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by avidal View Post
    Anybody have any other ideas????
    I think we're just experiencing Sprint network issues due to upgrades/new rollouts, etc. Not that it's an accepetable situation but more likely scenerio/explanation.

    Look back a couple of weeks ago at the thread about EvDO speeds: we all had awesome speeds the 1st week of release of the 700wx and then it dropped, now it seems to be steady again.

    I'm just very suspect of pointing blame at the 700wx directly. Seems very implausable but we'll see I guess.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  8. #68  
    Its the cat and mouse game they are playing. They will eventually have to do something about it when customers start returning their phones and canceling contracts.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by avidal View Post
    TreoMeat - the real question is whether or not an update will really be necessary. My suspicion is that they do not know what they are talking about. I just checked my personal email and got a response from Sprint. See below. Very inconsistent responses we are getting. Anybody have any other ideas????
    Thats funny I received an email saying exactly the opposite. This is crazy.



    Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel. I apologize for the inconvenience, there seems to have been a problem with Text Messaging from the Treo 700w to other carriers, specifically Verizon and T-Mobile. I would ask you call us at 1-888-211-4727 to discuss this matter.

    I apologize for the inconvenience.

    Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel. We value your business and always look forward to the opportunity to provide you excellent service now and in the future. Thank you and have a great day!
  10. #70  
    Now the xxx-xxx-xxxx@tmomail.net isn't even working for me. I thought it would be a decent work around for a few days but apparently it isn't!

    ARGH! EFFING sprint.
  11. #71  
    Today's call, the operator tells me he's received a bulletin (dated today) saying that all SMS outside of the Sprint network is down.

    He did say the SMS problems is caused by an upgrading that has broken the system for the last 3 weeks. No eta on the fix.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Now the xxx-xxx-xxxx@tmomail.net isn't even working for me. I thought it would be a decent work around for a few days but apparently it isn't!

    ARGH! EFFING sprint.
    No dashes!
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    No dashes!
    LoL. I know. Just put them in so people could see I use 10 numbers. Habit I suppose when typing numbers. And I am not even receiving text messages from other networks now, so it appears the previous post about all texts being "down" seems to be holding true for me. YMMV.
  14. #74  
    I just sent an email to my tmobile coworker's text number, and he got it, so it seems up. try it again (err, hit Send/Receive if you have an outlook pop3 account after you 'Send')
  15. #75  
    Your message to Last Name, First name could not be sent. Error: Ntwk.Fail (3). Retry or select Cancel to save in the Drafts Folder.
    This happens on every message to a xxxxxxxxxx@tmomail.net number. Also, I am only in 1x today. Seems to be a network wide issue with something. Annoying as all hell.

    Hell I even got a message:

    Message undeliverable. You must first subscribe to the text messaging feature through your service provider.
    Wow... bravo Sprint.

    EDITED: I can't even send TEXT to Sprint customers. OK, TERRIFIC!
    Last edited by Darth Pooh; 10/10/2006 at 09:06 AM.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Today's call, the operator tells me he's received a bulletin (dated today) saying that all SMS outside of the Sprint network is down.

    He did say the SMS problems is caused by an upgrading that has broken the system for the last 3 weeks. No eta on the fix.
    I wonder why they haven't just rolled back the update. It's really bad way to treat your customer base.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Today's call, the operator tells me he's received a bulletin (dated today) saying that all SMS outside of the Sprint network is down.

    He did say the SMS problems is caused by an upgrading that has broken the system for the last 3 weeks. No eta on the fix.
    Same here...I called and they told me the same thing....at least the CS Rep was nice about it...big consolation!!!
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  18. #78  
    So it's not the device? **** im so confused now....i dont see how it could be the device...like i was told last night. It seems like everyone is told a diffrent story...
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoMeat View Post
    So it's not the device? **** im so confused now....i dont see how it could be the device...like i was told last night. It seems like everyone is told a diffrent story...
    Thats been the biggest problem with this whole issue. Everyone is being told something different:

    1. Palm is blaming Sprint
    2. Sprint is blaming Palm
    3. Sprint says it's specific to the 700wx and the phone needs a firmware
    update
    4. Palm says it's specific to the 700wx and the phone needs a firmware
    update
    5. Sprint says it's an issue affecting ALL phones
    6. Sprint says it's the other carriers (Verizon, Cingular, T-Mobile)

    Did I miss any?
    Last edited by rjmoose; 10/10/2006 at 07:24 PM. Reason: spelling error
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose View Post
    Thats been the biggest problem with this whole issue. Everyone is being told something different:

    1. Palm is blaming Sprint
    2. Sprint is blaming Palm
    3. Sprint says it's specific to the 700wx and the phone needs a firmware
    update
    4. Palm says it's specific to the 700wx and the phone needs a firmware
    update
    5. Sprint says it's an issue affecting ALL phones
    6. Sprint says it's the other carriers (Verizon, Cingular, T-Mobile)

    Did I muss any?
    No, the world DOES hate Treo 700wx users!
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions