Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    has anyone been able to sms out side of sprint, nextel, and cingular? i can't, i'm call sprint.
    I just found out that if you send yourself a 145 char text message it fixes all of the text messaging problems. Try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I just found out that if you send yourself a 145 char text message it fixes all of the text messaging problems. Try it.
    wow your right. thanks, this is great. this should be a sticky for sure.
    you know, we have taken this ridiculous thread and put some good humor to it. thanks hannip
    We have to do something while we wait for that fix. At least we have a pretty good idea that one is coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    ok, i just go the new 700wx rom update loaded on my phone and must say... all is working good finally. they did a nice job getting the mms to work with the threaded sms program. i have just ordered a bluetooth headset today so i can't comment on the ad2p yet.

cody

Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post

thank you, thank you
    Sorry, but we need to keep this on the 1st page... until it gets fixed! First time I've seen this thread go to page 2!
    I'm done with Sprint. Not only am I furious about this issue, but I had to do 2 hard resets on my WX, and then the voice capabilities completely crap out for no apparant reason. I'm switching to Verizon and am going to get the Q. Hopefully by the time Verizon gets the WX, this crap will be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw74 View Post
    I'm done with Sprint. Not only am I furious about this issue, but I had to do 2 hard resets on my WX, and then the voice capabilities completely crap out for no apparant reason. I'm switching to Verizon and am going to get the Q. Hopefully by the time Verizon gets the WX, this crap will be fixed.
    The Q????? Don't do it man, you wil not like it.

At least, that is, if you are power user. Get a used 730 online or something...
    I am writing an article to send to CNN news for tech section and see if they will bite on this story... we need some publicity on the matter...
    The latest Palm Level 2 response (I contact them every 10 days or so)... I guess the end-of-November timeframe is not official.

Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support.

I understand that you are trying to follow-up on the SMS issue with the Treo 700w. I will also be answering your questions below:

1. Is there an estimated time frame to have a fix?
    We really don't know when the patch will be released. We advise all the customer to check out our website but it will be out soon. The development team is still testing it and making some modifications.

2. Is this in fact a Sprint problem or a Palm software problem?
    This is a Sprint and Palm software problem. So I would say both.

3. Why is it taking so long for a problem that is affecting 100% of all 700wx users?
    As what I have mentioned to you earlier, we are working on the issue. The patch will be out soon.

4. Is it normal for a fix to take this long (and counting)?
    It would basically depend on the issue. It's taking long coz' we are also testing the fix for the said issue. We want to release it that it will be bug-free.

For the meantime, I have a work around for the SMS issue if you want to try it for the meantime. You can use the email gateway for the wireless carriers to send SMS. Here is also the catch, you will be sending the SMS thru messaging but the recepient will receive it as an email. But once they reply, you will receive it as SMS.
    Today is, what... 43 days an counting?
    Info is info. Thanks for getting this and keeping us updated kaiguy.

(btw, I love the grammar: "It's taking long coz'..." )

Edit: It also sound more like a simple "patch" rather than any full blown rom upgrade, but that is total inference
    Last edited by Malatesta; 11/16/2006 at 12:48 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Info is info. Thanks for getting this and keeping us updated kaiguy.

(btw, I love the grammar: "It's taking long coz'..." )

Edit: It also sound more like a simple "patch" rather than any full blown rom upgrade, but that is total inference
    hmm, I sure hope it's not just a simple fix. You'd think a simple fix would've taken all of a week to code and test if that.
    Apparently filing a complaint with the FCC does cause Sprint to respond.

Over the past few days I've been communicating with someone from Sprint Executive Services regarding the text messaging problems I've been having with my 700wx. I received a followup call from her again this morning and was told that they indeed have been receiving more complaints from numerous people experiencing the same issue regarding text messages not being able to get through to other networks (tmobile, verizon, cricket) and while it continues to be a top priority for them to fix, the patch for the 700wx which was supposed to be released this month has now been delayed until late December.

Her recommendation to me was that I consider letting Sprint send me a different phone, which I really don't see as an option at this point since I use too much of the other functionality of the 700wx.
    Which will come first. The Cingular treo 750w or the patch for the 700wx. I'm definitely giving the 750 a trial when it comes out. If it works well and I can get unlimited data for $20 it's a done deal.
    If Palm waits to release a patch until after the 750 release in the US, they can increase their sales with current wx users. If the SMS bug still exists, those users are more likely to move to a functional 750 than if the wx bug was already fixed.

I personally moved from the 700p to the 700wx because of the issues on the 700p. Many others did the same thing. If a fix had been released for the 700p prior to the 700wx coming out, many would have happily stayed with the 700p and reduced the sales of the wx. However, you also have to wonder if the percentage of upgraders from this group is significant enough to make this viable.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    That is a common pattern of Palm. The reason I upgraded from the 700w to 700wx was due to the lack of memory which was highly controversial at the time whether Palm intensionally crippled the w so you had to upgrade to the wx.

Hey if we are stupid enough to fall into their trap shame on us. I don't seem to ever learn my lesson.
    Last edited by hannip; 11/16/2006 at 11:12 AM.
    Though Palm, Sprint and every other large corporation make dumb decisions all the time, I think it's a bit rich to suggest they are holding off on a patch till the 750 comes out.

I mean, that's a hella risk to bank on business-wise and honestly, a lot of us won't even think of switching phones and services for SMS (if anything, I'd jump ship for a Blackjack or Dash--both are fantastic smartphone editions. Might as well get a REAL upgrade instead of losing battery life...)

The whole 700w/not enough memory debacle I think was just a Palm mistake, having been their 1st WM device. A big mistake? Definitely.

It's just easier and more logical to chalk this up as incompetence and bureaucracy as opposed to conspiracy. jmo.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 11/16/2006 at 11:30 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Dunno, I don't think I'd ever jump ship for a smartphone edition phone. The treo 750 is pretty much everything I'd want except for the mini sd card. I'd rather have a standard sd slot, but that's progress I guess.

Sure Palm will come out with a 480x480 screen 6 months after I buy a 750 and I'll most likely buy it when it comes out. What a sucker I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    . What a sucker I am.
    i couldn't have said it better my self.