Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    mods delete first post.

Stock Sprint 700wx.
    Message accidentally sent to self (keyguard off in my bag) 145 character message
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Interesting. So 140 seems to be the limit then. And since it is stock the Palm Messaging app must not have anything to do with the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmcdowell357 View Post
    mods delete first post.

Stock Sprint 700wx.
    Message accidentally sent to self (keyguard off in my bag) 145 character message
    You can edit, then delete a post...

I wouldn't think its the app causing the problem at all, there's no way the app is still sending after a soft reset, let alone a hard reset. The app is just a conduit for sending the message, its still gets sent the same wayas the default app; otherwise we'd be able to send to Verizon and T-mo's if it was independent. I think...
    Not from the mobile view... I'll delete it myself when I get to a computer.... or a mod could do it for me....
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Yeah, I was just wondering if the Palm app was creating a malformed message somehow, but it doesn't appear to be the case.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    and already noticing the text issue.
    Spoke with Sprint today and they told me it was a palm software update that should be released soon.
    Anymore news on this?
    Thanks
    md
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    1) Are you using a treo 700wx on the Sprint network?
    2) Did you using the Palm Messaging app to send the multipart sms?
    1) yes
    2) NO, using normal txt app
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    1) yes
    2) NO, using normal txt app
    There is always an anomaly.

So you can do multipart sms, but can't send to vzw or tmobile?
    Ok I just got my 700wx and was able to test a few outgoing SMS out. I can seem to get incoming from anyone.

But outgoing... works for Cingular... don't think it works for Tracphone. Not sure about T-Mobile yet... but i dont think it works there either.
    I know the workaround to send messages to tmobile and verizon, but I still experience the "contents of this message cannot be displayed" when sending to a 6700....whats the address to send to a sprint customer?
    Can someone post what the workaround is to send to t-mobile? I am new to SMS. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post
    Can someone post what the workaround is to send to t-mobile? I am new to SMS. Thanks.

Sent it to their phone number@tmomail.net

If their phone number is 1234567890 then send the text to 1234567890@tmomail.net
    What if they are on Tracphone? I have somebody I need to text... but he uses Tracphone (and I think is on the Omnipoint backbone - which is Tmobile right?)
    good question...I dunno.
    Here is a web page that lists the workaround for all carriers.

http://freesms.1888usa.com/
    How about using a website like the one below to send outgoing messages?

Seems like a decent idea?

https://wmg.tmomail.net/customer_sit...ssaging_lo.jsp
    "Is there trouble in paradise? In a story that's been developing for a few weeks now, it seems that at least some of Sprint's Treo 700wx user base has been stripped of its ability to send SMS messages to Verizon and T-Mobile customers. Now, we would never take the conspiracy theorist route (that's not true, by the way) and accuse Sprint of purposefully hosing outbound text messages to its bigger CDMA rival Verizon, but it does seem like a huge, inexplicable, and unacceptable screwup of epic proportions. For its part, Sprint is promising a fix by the end of November (feel free to take your time, fellas) but in the meantime, rumor has it that affected customers can call up Sprint and get some sort of compensation for their troubles."

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]

(source)
    Last edited by Malatesta; 11/12/2006 at 01:28 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I got a 155 character message today in one SMS from a sprint user. Is this unusual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulinbna View Post
    I got a 155 character message today in one SMS from a sprint user. Is this unusual.
    Must've been from another device. I was looking for a reg change to make our treo's send a single text message up to 160 chars, but I haven't found it yet. It seems to be configured to break at 140 right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    "Is there trouble in paradise? In a story that's been developing for a few weeks now, it seems that at least some of Sprint's Treo 700wx user base has been stripped of its ability to send SMS messages to Verizon and T-Mobile customers. Now, we would never take the conspiracy theorist route (that's not true, by the way) and accuse Sprint of purposefully hosing outbound text messages to its bigger CDMA rival Verizon, but it does seem like a huge, inexplicable, and unacceptable screwup of epic proportions. For its part, Sprint is promising a fix by the end of November (feel free to take your time, fellas) but in the meantime, rumor has it that affected customers can call up Sprint and get some sort of compensation for their troubles."

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]

(source)
    Awesome! I posted a comment so that there was something other than the childish comments posted there.