Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    So stroths and I performed a test using the Palm Messaging app set to maxsmschars 140.

130 char sms works
    140 char sms works
    150 char multipart sms fails. So it appears that the Sprint network can't handle multipart messages (at least from this app). I received 140 char part (1/2) but not the second part and I'm no longer receiving any more text messages.
    Hannip, you sure go through a lot for the rest of us!
    I was having the same issue. Called sprint, and they walked me through a "Deep Reset" ##786#....I had to reset my MSL, MSId, etc. It cleared up the 1/2 message problem, so i could send/receive texts again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Durso View Post
    I was having the same issue. Called sprint, and they walked me through a "Deep Reset" ##786#....I had to reset my MSL, MSId, etc. It cleared up the 1/2 message problem, so i could send/receive texts again.
    Did they give you different numbers to enter? Did you have to get a different phone #?

BTW, were you using the Palm Messaging app when it broke?
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintJunkie View Post
    Hannip, you sure go through a lot for the rest of us!
    Well I thought it would work. :-/

Oh well, I just hope it clears up in 3 days cuz I don't want to change my phone #.
    all same numbers...just reset to "new, out of the box state"..I spoke with their tech support, and they walked me through the entire process.
    i tested the 140 sms.zip.....it works perfect. sent myself a text of 141....go the error message that the text was over the charcter limit. changed it to 140 and it went through. No duplicates, and all is well.
    forgot to mention.....using Beta4 with no problems either.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Well I thought it would work. :-/

Oh well, I just hope it clears up in 3 days cuz I don't want to change my phone #.
    I had the same problem. It will take about 30 hours to clear up, don't worry. Then you will receive all other missed text messages, all at once.

Second time this happened to me so TRUST me it will take less than 3 days and all will be good.
    after had Sprint walk me through the RTN reset, I got all my text messages that were in que as well. I didnt want to wait 30hrs, so i had their tech support help me fix the problem.
    I wonder why RTN works for some but it didn't work for me.

Just lucky I guess.
    If you obtained his e-mail through publicly available means, I don't see any problem with posting it. It's not like he reads half of his e-mail, anyway. Just what his secretary lets through. My secretary is a great gate-keeper, and I'm no CEO, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBauer44 View Post
    Has anyone thought about going directly to the top of Sprint, I did this once before and had great luck. I have his email address I just dont know about posting it in a forum. I would like to hear everyones feedback.
    Interesting. I wasn't getting any text messages so I performed the suggested RTN deep reset and now I'm back to (1/2) hell getting 2 of the same sms message every 15 minutes.
    1/2 hell sucks man. We've all been there. I guess it was just your turn.
    hehe, it's my 3rd turn. Think I'll try another RTN just for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    I wonder why RTN works for some but it didn't work for me.

Just lucky I guess.
    I'm with you, the only thing the RTN did for me is activate the repeating (1/2) text message. I guess I'll have to wait it out until it gets flushed again. :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    Ok, I want my phone to break like all of yours do......

I just sent myself a 160 character txt message.......

I got 2 txt messages, one of them with

140 characters - the (1/2) message, so its really 135 characters with the (1/2) counting as 5

30 characters - the (2/2) message, so its really 25 characters with the (2/2) counting as 5

I'm not getting duplicates or anything like that......so tell me, how can I get my phone to break, because I really want to say that I'm experiencing the same issue, but I just can't.
    Hey timGSU, can you try sending a text > 160 chars to see how that works for you? Are you using the Palm Messaging app? If so what beta version?

Thanks!
    MAKE IT STOP!!!!!
    Now if only No.6 would come relieve me from this torture..... ;-)
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmcdowell357 View Post
    MAKE IT STOP!!!!!
    Now if only No.6 would come relieve me from this torture..... ;-)
    hehe, misery loves company.

Details please:
    - Device/Service to Device/Service
    - Single (140, 150, 160) or Multipart
    - List what your MaxCharsPerMsg is set to
    - What beta version of the Palm Messaging app is used for send
    STOCK treo 700wx.
    145 char messa
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.