Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 836
  1. #661  
    Receiving has never been an issue, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $from$ $any$ $carriers$
  2. #662  
    My dupe message bug most recently started after a SPRINT to SPRINT message.
  3. #663  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    My dupe message bug most recently started after a SPRINT to SPRINT message.
    Same here, both times it happened to me they were Sprint to Sprint. First time from another Sprint user, 2nd time from myself.

    The test cases so far are:

    Send and receive from Cingular - OK.
    Send and receive from Sprint - OK. (<130 chars)
    Receive from Sprint >130 chars - Fail (1/2 hell. No other texts come through till 2/2 flushed)
    Recieve from other providers > 130 chars - Unknown
    RECEIVE from T-Mobile - OK. Send to T-Mobile - Fail (doesn't reach destination).
    RECEIVE from VZW - OK. Send to VZW - Fail (doesn't reach destination).
    RECEIVE from AIM forwarding - OK, Send to AIM - Fail (reaches destination as Base64 encoded text)

    In the last case you can actually convert the Base64 to Ascii using a converter.
    Last edited by hannip; 11/10/2006 at 01:54 PM.
  4. #664  
    I wonder if you put another phone on your account, wait half a day and then switch the wx back if it would help those getting bombarded over and over by the same message? A hard reset does not work, so maybe the combination of a hard reset and removing it from your account would stop the cycle.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  5. #665  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I wonder if Palm knows they are coming out with a fix by the end of November. I thought I read people saying that Palm was still pointing fingers.
    No idea -- just reporting what I was told.

    I can say that the Exec Team was a HELL of a lot more informed that anyone else I've spoken to.
  6. #666  
    As a workaround, I dumped the threaded SMS app, re-loaded the MMS app, and have been using it to send text msgs to T-mo and VZW users -- I just use the subject and message fields and don't include any pics. Haven't checked with them yet to find out how the msg comes in on their end, but they obvioulsy are able to recognize that it's me and their reply comes back as a SMS
    Last edited by fgkay; 11/10/2006 at 03:09 PM.
  7. #667  
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    As a workaround, I dumped the threaded SMS app, re-loaded the MMS app, and have been using it to send text msgs to T-mo and VZW users -- I just use the subject and message fields and don't include any pics. Haven't checked with them yet to find out how the msg comes in on their end, but they obvioulsy are able to recognize that it's me and their reply comes back as a SMS
    So you are sending text mms via arcsoft app and it's sending ok to T-mo and VZW users?
  8. #668  
    Yes.
  9. #669  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    My dupe message bug most recently started after a SPRINT to SPRINT message.
    But, it had to be FROM a 700wx...that's what starts the (1/2) issue.
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  10. #670  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose View Post
    But, it had to be FROM a 700wx...that's what starts the (1/2) issue.
    Correct.

    I was pointing it out because someone had claimed Sprint to Sprint was ok.
  11. #671  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Correct.

    I was pointing it out because someone had claimed Sprint to Sprint was ok.
    Gotcha...and FWIW, I am not sure if it's 130 characters...it could be more...I just don't know the maximum number of characters other than it has to be less than 160 (obviously). But, for sure, 130 characters does not lock up text messaging.

    Anyone else care to start experimenting?
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  12. #672  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose View Post
    Anyone else care to start experimenting?
    Sure I'll help...send me your number
  13. #673  
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintJunkie View Post
    Sure I'll help...send me your number
    Touche'
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  14. #674  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose View Post
    Gotcha...and FWIW, I am not sure if it's 130 characters...it could be more...I just don't know the maximum number of characters other than it has to be less than 160 (obviously). But, for sure, 130 characters does not lock up text messaging.

    Anyone else care to start experimenting?
    When I looked at the p1rilsmsbridgedb my long text messages were truncated at 140 chars, so it's possible that you can send up to 140 before running into 1/2 hell. I'm not going to try it though so you'll have to experiment on your own.

    Hmm, maybe if we change the Palm messaging config to limit messages to 140 chars it will handle long messages ok. Anyone want to try it? hehe
  15. #675  
    thats not a bad idea actually...
  16. #676  
    I was going to take one for the team and test a 140 char text message send to myself, but it looks like Sprint blocked me from sending to myself. lol

    I was successful sending a 140 char text message to AIM though.
  17. #677  
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR View Post
    Sick of dealing with the people at regular support, I finally decided to call the Executive Customer Support Team.

    What I learned:

    • That the 700wx is unable to send SMS messages to non-Sprint phones is a known issue (duh).
    • A software patch for the SMS issue is scheduled for release before the end of November

    (I also found out that there will be a bluetooth software update as well as a fix for Voice Memo that are sent as attachment but unable to be read on the other end. No timeline on those.)
    The guy I talked to was extremely knowledgable. He knew very well the ins and outs of the device. Since you got the exact same info I'd consider that a done deal. He wouldn't open a ticket on it as he said it is noted as a resolved issue with the update available before December.
  18. timGSU's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #678  
    Ok, I want my phone to break like all of yours do......

    I just sent myself a 160 character txt message.......

    I got 2 txt messages, one of them with

    140 characters - the (1/2) message, so its really 135 characters with the (1/2) counting as 5

    30 characters - the (2/2) message, so its really 25 characters with the (2/2) counting as 5

    I'm not getting duplicates or anything like that......so tell me, how can I get my phone to break, because I really want to say that I'm experiencing the same issue, but I just can't.
  19. #679  
    post your cell phone number.
  20. #680  
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    Ok, I want my phone to break like all of yours do......

    I just sent myself a 160 character txt message.......

    I got 2 txt messages, one of them with

    140 characters - the (1/2) message, so its really 135 characters with the (1/2) counting as 5

    30 characters - the (2/2) message, so its really 25 characters with the (2/2) counting as 5

    I'm not getting duplicates or anything like that......so tell me, how can I get my phone to break, because I really want to say that I'm experiencing the same issue, but I just can't.
    1) Are you using a treo 700wx on the Sprint network?
    2) Did you using the Palm Messaging app to send the multipart sms?

Posting Permissions