Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
    Any changes on this yet guys? It's been over a month Sprint and or Palm should be close to fixing this!
    Call me stupid, but this has got to be the biggest scam going...

Sprint comes out with the 700wx, I go buy it. In order to get the $150 discount they make me sign a two year agreement....

I get home with my new state of the art $699 phone, and I can't send text messages. No one seems to know what is causing this problem, but correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I was able to send text messages with my treo 300!

Sprint Customer Service says the issue will not be resolved until December!

They tell me to wait long enough to get me beyond my 30-day return period, and the problem is still not fixed. Now they don't want their phone back, and I am stuck for two years.

My only option now is to take this piece of crap and try to beg the folks at the store for an exchange with another phone. BTW, the phone rep couldnt make me any promises and told me that it is totally up to the representative at the desk! You gotta be f#$#%#$% kidding me! Unfortunately, I will probably go with the PPC 6700. You have to ask yourself… is it better to have a nice Mercedes in the driveway with no engine, or get on with your life with a driveable hooptie? I guess I have to drive the ugly monster because it seems to work.

I am going in tomorrow to get a new phone.

If ANYONE has any idea how to get out of this 2 year agreement and return this phone for the full price, please let me know. I will be on the Verizon doorstep before you can say UGLY *** PHONE! Please let me know. However, do not send a text message because my $699 phone won’t be able to respond!

See the rest of the comments on https://pardontheinteraction.wordpre...g/#comment-392
    There is a thread with 520 replies on the first page about this.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    mods please merge this thread....or lock it.
    1. If you would have done your HW and researched your $699 purchase you wouldn't be posting on these boards.
    2. Didn't you have 30 days to try it out before you were "locked" to the phone.
    3. Try the 700p!
    I feel the same way as the OP, and have gotten the same sentences from Sprint reps. I am really surprised it took over a month for a thread like this, but I'm not surprised it happened. It reallt is a joke, one that isn't funny, and the worst thing is both sides- Sprint and Palm- feel it is not a "major" issue. They're too bust advertising the 3 year old Razr that they finally got their hands on...

This thread will be merged eventually, but I feel your pain bro, I really do.

I'm also a little disappointed that it was taken off the treocentral home page, but I guess they have the newest stories there, and that's the way they manage it. Oh well.

BTW- I got this phone the day it was available in the store, my SMS worked for a month, and by the time I realized how bad it was it was too late to return the phone. Purchased 9/4/06, problem starts 10/3/06. 30 days went out the door a while ago, and now I can't do anything at all about it. Not much else to say about the issue, but to the responders- don't kill the OP, he has every right to b-tch, let the moderators handle thread management. I've seen threads MUCH more unnecessary this week alone.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhenry88 View Post
    Call me stupid, but this has got to be the biggest scam going...

Sprint comes out with the 700wx, I go buy it. In order to get the $150 discount they make me sign a two year agreement....

I get home with my new state of the art $699 phone, and I can't send text messages. No one seems to know what is causing this problem, but correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I was able to send text messages with my treo 300!

Sprint Customer Service says the issue will not be resolved until December!

They tell me to wait long enough to get me beyond my 30-day return period, and the problem is still not fixed. Now they don't want their phone back, and I am stuck for two years.

My only option now is to take this piece of crap and try to beg the folks at the store for an exchange with another phone. BTW, the phone rep couldnt make me any promises and told me that it is totally up to the representative at the desk! You gotta be f#$#%#$% kidding me! Unfortunately, I will probably go with the PPC 6700. You have to ask yourself… is it better to have a nice Mercedes in the driveway with no engine, or get on with your life with a driveable hooptie? I guess I have to drive the ugly monster because it seems to work.

I am going in tomorrow to get a new phone.

If ANYONE has any idea how to get out of this 2 year agreement and return this phone for the full price, please let me know. I will be on the Verizon doorstep before you can say UGLY *** PHONE! Please let me know. However, do not send a text message because my $699 phone won’t be able to respond!

See the rest of the comments on https://pardontheinteraction.wordpre...g/#comment-392
    file a law suit.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoMeat View Post
    Any changes on this yet guys? It's been over a month Sprint and or Palm should be close to fixing this!
    i don't know what everyone is talking about.....i can send/receive from all carriers just fine.

what's the deal? does it affect only some and not others?
    Quote Originally Posted by box33 View Post
    i don't know what everyone is talking about.....i can send/receive from all carriers just fine.

You must be a lucky one. Everyone I know that owns the 700wx has these problems including myself and everyone else in this thread.

You hav e a 700w or wx?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    You hav e a 700w or wx?
    i bought the 700WX about 4 weeks ago.
    Maybe Texas didn't get the memo to upgrade their servers to break the 700wx users.
    the retentions lady who is insisting in sending me another wx says that it is not a problem with all wx's. she says her dad has this and has no problems. I know, don't believe everything you hear, but I don't belive that the wx's worked for a month then network changes messed them up to where we now need a software fix. all I know is i'm tried of it. come on update.
    try retentions, I talked to them yesterday and they will still swap me into any sprint phone I want. I got mine on 9/1.
    I received a SMS from another Sprint user last night.

Since then I've received the same exact message over 20 times. It won't stop!
    Unfortunately, I think the only way either company would give a $#!7 about this would be if all of us returned our 700s en masse. Also unfortunately, I know that I can't do that. I have decided to live with the inadequacies of this device because in my mind it is still leaps and bounds above all others I have had. That being said, I completely understand the absolute rage in not having this stuff resolved. It's simply unacceptable, but we end up accepting it and praying for rom updates... very depressing.
    END OF LINE
    Just so you guys know, you can call sprint and exchange the WX for a P free of charge. I have been offered this and did not except since I LOVE the WM on the WX. I tired a 6700. I took it home and 2 hours later, I returned it. Not easy to use one handed, and a hassle to open and close all the time. Also, you can cancel your service with sprint free of charge if you call and complain. I did this about 1 month ago. I told them this issue was unacceptable, and I want to cancel without paying the cancellation fee. They said OK, and I went to T-Mo with the Dash. It was nice, but not a WX. Yeah, it does text message, but in all honesty...I was using it less than I thought I would. Now I am back with Sprint and the WX and if I NEED to get a message to someone that cannot receive them, I do the e-mail work-a-round. Hopefully this will be straightened out soon, but in the meantime, I cannot find another phone that does what the WX does that I am happy with.

I would've gone with the P, but I need a today screen that tells me my appointments and tasks for the day on the main screen since I usually forget to open the calender or task areas of my old blackberries.

-Kyle
    Can you please go to Start-settings-system-about and tell me the first two lines?

Then while you are in there click the PHONE tab and tell me the software and hardware versions?

You are SURE you can send text messages to VERIZON and T-MOBILE phones without a problem?
    If you need the Today screen on the 700p, 2day is an excellent program that can be assigned to the Datebook hard button and works with the Palm Datebook or Datebk6. It has plugins for weather, news and stocks as well. It does a very nice job of showing tasks and appointments and can be customized a lot too. You can find it at www.shsh.com
    I just put my 700wx in the UPS box and it is on its way back to Sprint. I have been using the BlackBerry 8703 for the past week and have been very happy. I miss the camera and the better browser, but I can text to everyone, I have a BES at work - so that works great and the phone is not as bad as I thought it would be. Additionally, it has GPS built in and you can use it as a modem for your laptop for no additional fee (but the Blackberry service is more expensive than just powervision). I really liked the 700wx, but after over a month of no texts, it became a deal breaker.

-AV