Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    got off work early today. took the treo to get the headphone jack fixed cause you ahve to wiggle to coard to get it to sound right. I was telling them about the texting problem and they never heard of it and i was trying to get them to check into it, but i dont think they cared. This was just a repair center, not a actual sprint store or anything. Anyways, they ended up giving me a NEW WX, i dont know if my old one had it or not, but on this one there is a HELp option in the start menu at the bottom. I tried texting T-Mobile and still a no go... =(
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    just put these in your contacts to pull you through til it gets fixed:

T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net
    Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com
    Cingular: phonenumber@cingularme.com
    Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com
    Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com
    Thank you so much!!!
    Jimmie Geddes

For some reason, the Verizon address never works for me. I get an email sent back to me saying invalid address.

Today is day 20 of the SMS problem. At what point will this be considered a cancellable issue? Texting is a major part of cellular service. And even though Sprint seems willing to offer a credit for this problem, it still does not remove the underlying issue: that we are paying for a service we cannot use.

I've used Sprint, T-Mobile, and Cingular. This is the first time I've ever had a service interruption that has lasted this long.
    thanks a million!!! i can keep my 700wx now! ^^^^^
    I just tried it out on my Verizon friends, they finally get my texts While this isn't the "fix" we wanted, it'll do for now. Keep calling Sprint to complain though

Thanks again for posting this cheat sheet. I've already copied and pasted it into my 700wx's notes.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I just called Sprint and got a credit for this problem. There's no way that they are going to make me pay for this kind of service.

What about the AIM problem?? Any temporary fixes on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    For some reason, the Verizon address never works for me. I get an email sent back to me saying invalid address.

Today is day 20 of the SMS problem. At what point will this be considered a cancellable issue? Texting is a major part of cellular service. And even though Sprint seems willing to offer a credit for this problem, it still does not remove the underlying issue: that we are paying for a service we cannot use.

I've used Sprint, T-Mobile, and Cingular. This is the first time I've ever had a service interruption that has lasted this long.
    i think it's "phonenumber@vtext.com"
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i think it's "phonenumber@vtext.com"
    I think the reason is my Exchange host. It won't work on my phone, but it will through Outlook or OWA. I've already sent them an email asking them to look into it.

On a different note, if you don't have free text messaging, I'd suggest calling retentions to get it. Whereas ecare flat out refused to give me free text messaging, retentions offered me 500 free/month without specifically asking for it. I just told him that I shouldn't have to pay for a service I can't use, nor do I want to call up every month to get a credit for it.

PS. Palm said today that they don't have an update on the progress of fixing the SMS issue (but I don't even think they consider it their problem).
    anybody got the alltell text email??
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

This reminds me of Nextel back in March of 2004......Nextels text messaging worked great until then. This same exact thing was the solution that Nextel support gave us to use as a "work-around" until they fix the problem. Well, its been 32 months, and now even using the "work-around" doesnt work very good anymore. Hell, I can't even send or recieve to other nextel customers most of the time lol
    yeah my boss has nextel and his messages are messed up all the time he says. He SOMETIMES gets half of them, he always thinks its his phone, but i tell him its just that nextel sucks. Of course im the only person that texts him so he doesnt test it much other than that.
    Spint is now telling me its totally verizons fault. Their network is not picking up the signal. I explained that no networks are getting Sprint text messages and he said he didnt know what to tell me.

Translation: people are starting to cancel and Sprint needed to make a move so as not to allow the early termination fee to be waived.
    Do the blackberries on Sprint work ok? I am thinking about changing to the 8700 (which I had with T-Mobile)...Anyone know?

-Kyle
    Well I got the 700p and have not had any problems at all so I imagine BB's are fine also.
    The problem is strictly limited to the wx. BB's, etc should all have zero issues. We are the lucky ones.
    Today was the day I decided it was long enough with no texting so I went to sprint, and got them to give me a new 6700 and $50 for the 700wx. Good news is that I played with the 6700 for a few hours, and then returned it for my 700wx...i guess ill wait it out..didn't like the 6700 at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer View Post
    Today was the day I decided it was long enough with no texting so I went to sprint, and got them to give me a new 6700 and $50 for the 700wx. Good news is that I played with the 6700 for a few hours, and then returned it for my 700wx...i guess ill wait it out..didn't like the 6700 at all!
    That phone is a little tough to take. Lots of features, lots of effort to use them...Good story!
    Come on, Sprint!
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer View Post
    Did you get to keep the 50 bucks??
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I just tried it out on my Verizon friends, they finally get my texts While this isn't the "fix" we wanted, it'll do for now. Keep calling Sprint to complain though

Thanks again for posting this cheat sheet. I've already copied and pasted it into my 700wx's notes.
    No problem on the cheat sheet. Someone else mentioned sms email would work, and a google search found it..

But in reality this is still pathetic and unacceptable of Sprint.