Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. jpasint's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
       #1  
    Howdy all.

    I知 trying out a 700wx because I知 getting more annoyed everyday by the slowness/unresponsiveness of the 700p.
    Been a Palm person for good handful of years and have grown to utilize the FIND utility built into the POS.
    For example, I may have a contact that has a note. In that note I may have things like the door code to get into their office or something like that.
    With POS, I do a find and search for 電oor and it displays any instances of the word door that it found. All I have to do is dpad up or down and hit the center button and I get taken to exactly where that is in the note.
    I usually have pretty long notes.

    Does that make sense? If you are a POS user I think it does.

    Anyway, the W does not do that and I was wondering if anyone knows of a 3rd party that does this sort of search.
  2. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #2  
    I know the 700w does this so I'm sure the wx does as well. Try hitting the key underneath the "a" (not sure what it's called) and then the up arrow under the "z" key.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I know the 700w does this so I'm sure the wx does as well. Try hitting the key underneath the "a" (not sure what it's called) and then the up arrow under the "z" key.

    The WX also has this.
  4. GregE's Avatar
    Posts
    521 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #4  
    Or you can select Search from programs if you don't like the shortcut method.

    Greg
  5. jpasint's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
       #5  
    Nope, you guys are not understanding me.
    I know the WX does a search and it will tell me what contacts have the word 電oor in their note but it does not take you to the note and the spot in the note where the word 電oor exists.

    If you are a POS user surely you know what I知 talking about.

    Thanks.

    Joe
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpasint View Post
    Nope, you guys are not understanding me.
    I know the WX does a search and it will tell me what contacts have the word “door” in their note but it does not take you to the note and the spot in the note where the word “door” exists.

    If you are a POS user surely you know what I’m talking about.

    Thanks.

    Joe
    Yeah, on the 700wx, it does not open up that specific note, but it will tell you which contact has that word or phrase on the note.
  7. jpasint's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsup1o View Post
    Yeah, on the 700wx, it does not open up that specific note, but it will tell you which contact has that word or phrase on the note.
    Yes, I knew that and that is why I initiated the thread.

    Thanks.

    Joe

Posting Permissions