1.    #1  
    http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5625.html

http://www.qoolapps.com/QCaps.html

$14.95...wow

EDIT: Coming soon for the 700w/x apparently, sorry
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Still waiting patiently for the pocket pc version.
    Oh man.

I was all excited hoping it was also available for PPC too.
    A little bit pricey (I mean come on, AE Button Plus is like $8 and just as powerful, if not more) but eh, the developer knows there is a market for it and we'll pay.

Rather, I'll pay. lol

I can wait a bit longer. I was worried that it might be vaporware, at least we know stuff is coming out.

I'll say this: the program is 51kb in size (well, the .cab is) which is a great sign that there is some efficient programming going on there.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Colleague of mine tried this on an 8125 (Pocket PC Phone Edition) and apart from a few quirks, said it runs well and is a pretty handy little app ...
    So you're saying the Smartphone version works on PPC?
    Not officially or in any 'supported' sort of way of course. But yes, saying a colleague of mine tried it out on an 8125 and it ran ok, with some elements that didn't work and some anomalies as you'd expect - but enough to get a feel for the application.

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    So you're saying the Smartphone version works on PPC?
    Just noticed that QCaps will technically have a FREE version after it expires:

Free Version Limitations:
    Once your QCaps trial period has expired, QCaps will have the following restrictions:
    ** The user will not be able to define the delay options. They will default to slow values.
    ** Users will Not be able to use the "Ignore Keystroke on Device Wake" feature.
    Not too shabby! (though I'd still purchase it, good for others who need to wait)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    UPDATE On 700w/wx Release

I emaled the developer asking when the 700w/wx version will be released and this is what he said:

Soon. It’s finished but it breaks the Treo’s automatic keylock, so we are now finishing the testing of our own keylock program to replace it. I’ll notify you as soon as it’s ready. It will hopefully be 2 weeks.

I wonder if this will have issues with AE Button Plus?

EDIT: I asked the developer about compatibility with AE Button Plus, so he is going to test it out on his 700w.
    Last edited by stroths; 01/20/2007 at 11:42 AM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Anxiously awaiting for reports of this program's compatibility with the Treo 750...
    I have been beta testing the application and can report that it works great with the Treo 750v, as well as with AEbutonPlus.
  12.    #12  
    sweet! Never realized how much I used Keycaps until I got the 750.

Still haven't figured out why the option symbol above the K is a frikkin semicolon though..who uses a semicolon that regularly???

At least with the alt key it's the first on the list

Quote Originally Posted by jazzop View Post
    Anxiously awaiting for reports of this program's compatibility with the Treo 750...
    why is it being listed compatibility for the treo 750? does that mean it won't work it other ppc's? can't a more general term be used instead of specifically for the 750?
  14.    #14  
    Amazing what you can find with a little URL manipulation

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Amazing what you can find with a little URL manipulation
    Indeed. Thanks

Edit:

The 750's keyguard does not function while QCaps is active (installed?).. I have read in another post/forum (can't quite remember...if I do I'll edit again) that the developer is adding it's own Treo-specific keyguard to the app. I would imagine that this has been part of the delay in the release of the product.

For what it's worth, I uninstalled it. However, it does show great promised as a finished product.
    Last edited by meffy; 01/23/2007 at 11:10 PM.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by meffy View Post
    Indeed. Thanks

Edit:

The 750's keyguard does not function while QCaps is active (installed?).. I have read in another post/forum (can't quite remember...if I do I'll edit again) that the developer is adding it's own Treo-specific keyguard to the app.
    See post #9 above

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    See post #9 above
    Wow, I must have been really tired last night. I did see it though..hehe..
    Do we have any updates on the Treo support yet? Further, is there a public beta out there, even in spite of the keyguard not working?
    I got this response from the developer on 3/25

"I’m just about to build what I hope to be the final version. It will then be tested and hopefully released this week. I’ll notify you when it’s ready."
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer