1.    #1  
    I've heard all the horror stories about the 700w, but how does it perform without ActiveSync turned on? I don't think I'll use this feature much if there's a way I can backup my device without it.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I use Exchange 2003 and direct push. I only use ActiveSync on my computer to upload files and install programs. As you can imagine, I don't do that all that often. You can use Sprite Backup to backup your Treo to the memory card.

Greg
  3.    #3  
    Does your 700w perform better since ActiveSync is turned off? How many apps do you run at the same time? Are you happy with your 700w?
    How do you turn off ActiveSync?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I still have ActiveSync running on my 700w. That's used for the direct push. I don't run many apps at the same time other than what's on my today screen (PhoneALarm Lite, WeatherPAnel, Magic Button). I am very happy with my 700w.

Greg
  6.    #6  
    Greg, what you use do with your 700w? You're among the very few who are actually happy with their 700w.
  7.    #7  
    Greg, what you use your 700w for? You're among the very few who are actually happy with their 700w. I'm wondering if too many set their expectations too high.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Robodude,

We got the 700w in order to have our salesreps be connected to the office better. We wanted them to be able to receive their e-mail in the field and with direct push, they get that. This allows our inside salesreps to keep them up to date with quotes for their customers. I'm one of the owners of the company so my partner and I also got the 700w.

I use mine to receive my e-mail when I am away from the office. I also have pcAnywhere installed on it so I can access my computer in case I need to fix something on our AS/400. I really like how that works. I take care of the computers as part of my job (we are small). I also have WeatherPanel running so I can see the weather and I use PhoneAlarm as a way to switch profiles. I don't do a lot of spreadsheets, word documents, or pdf's when I am away.

Hope that helps you.

Greg
  9.    #9  
    That helps me a lot Greg. Thanks!

It seems light use for the 700w is ok.