1.    #1  
    I had a 700w with Verizon. The ram sucked, and the phone just ran slow as hell whenever you tried to do multiple things.

Now I'm with Cingular, and DYING to get this damn phone. i can't wait.

However, I've read somewhere that with the stupid 240x240 resolution (which is small, but more compatible for WM5 applications), that it wont be compatible with GPS programs?

Does anyone know if TomTom v6.0 will be compatible on the 240x240 screen?

Any other good GPS programs for the USA out there that will be compatible with this phone? (i loved TomTom for the 700w. Version 6 supposedly has better updated maps).
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by panaph0bic View Post
    Does anyone know if TomTom v6.0 will be compatible on the 240x240 screen?
    The 700w is on their compatibility list

http://www.tomtom.com/products/featu...tegory=1&Lid=1
  3.    #3  
    ok cool - sorry....for some reason i was thinking the 700w was 320x240 ...its been a long day!
    It would be great to have some confirmed reports of it working before I take the plunge and upgrade my 650. Has anyone actually tried TomTom 5/6 software with their 750v yet?

I phoned TomTom and they said the 750 wasn't compatible, pointing me to the same compatibility list online. Presumably this is just because it's a relatively new device though?
    Quote Originally Posted by chen View Post
    It would be great to have some confirmed reports of it working before I take the plunge and upgrade my 650. Has anyone actually tried TomTom 5/6 software with their 750v yet?

I phoned TomTom and they said the 750 wasn't compatible, pointing me to the same compatibility list online. Presumably this is just because it's a relatively new device though?
    If it's compatible with the 700w it will be compatible with the 750v.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Thanks for the confirmation JGold; I'll bite the bullet and go for one.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Just to let you know TomTom Navigator 5 works fine on the 750v
    Great stuff -- thanks for letting me know, Taz. I pick mine up on Monday, and have just ordered TomTom 6.