Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I've been spoiled by the Chatter LED email notification on my earlier Treos, which I had set to blink rapidly to notify me of an email. I typically left the Treo charging on my nightable, and appreciated the flashing notification. Can PhoneAlarm give me visual alerts while my 700wx is charging?

    I've also been a bit concerned about resource use-- does PhoneAlarm slow down the phone at all?
  2. Pibe38's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    #2  
    I had issues with phonealarm full, but phonealarm lite has worked like a charm. Only slow downs is when you change something on the Today screen and it needs to reload, but that happens with almost every plugin.

    And yes, after activating LED notifications they will blink through the charging red LED.
  3. mobidutch's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #3  
    The only thiing I did NOT like about phoneAlarm (Lite) is that you HAVE to use the Today plugin, or the whole software will not be active. Since I can't make it REPLACE the standard behavior of showing an alert icon in the top bar, and changing the left menu key to "Notification", I don't really care for the plugin..doesn't give me extra functionality that I need and just takes up space. Other than that, phoneAlarm is pretty cool.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobidutch View Post
    The only thiing I did NOT like about phoneAlarm (Lite) is that you HAVE to use the Today plugin, or the whole software will not be active. Since I can't make it REPLACE the standard behavior of showing an alert icon in the top bar, and changing the left menu key to "Notification", I don't really care for the plugin..doesn't give me extra functionality that I need and just takes up space. Other than that, phoneAlarm is pretty cool.
    If you replace the "messaging" tab on your today screen with phonealarm, and use a compact skin, it doesn't use any more space than the messaging tab. Just download a free compact skin.

    This keyboard light issue is killing me. I really like this program but I'm not paying for something that is going to become a battery killer
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    If you replace the "messaging" tab on your today screen with phonealarm, and use a compact skin, it doesn't use any more space than the messaging tab. Just download a free compact skin.

    This keyboard light issue is killing me. I really like this program but I'm not paying for something that is going to become a battery killer
    This is very strange as I've never had this problem with the KB lights. Did you try my reg hack for screen off/kb lights? That's really the only difference I can think of.

    Likewise, it's important to tell bruce and send him log files so he can help out. He doesn't read this site! (He recently re-posted some old versions, including 1.54 for those interested: http://www.pocketmax.net/smf/index.php?topic=3124.0 )

    For those curious, I currently have a pre-release PhoneAlarm beta that controls the Treo's screen Backlight. It's behaving erradically right now but it does succesfully change (the calibration seems to be off), so progress is being made in this regard.

    (no, I won't post it, so don't ask! lol It's still buggy and would be of no use).

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6. #6  
    Can you post this reg hack, or a link to the details of it? I must have missed this one along the way
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Can you post this reg hack, or a link to the details of it? I must have missed this one along the way
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=125460

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post

    This keyboard light issue is killing me. I really like this program but I'm not paying for something that is going to become a battery killer
    PhoneAlarm 1.54 lite has been working flawlessly. I haven't had any KB problems with this version!

    Edit-- wishful thinking-- the KB issue came back with this version too. I'll be using Bruce's test version, and will send him results.
    Last edited by neill; 10/14/2006 at 09:41 AM.
  9.    #9  
    I'd been afraid to tool with the registry, but your hack works perfectly, Malatesta! I've been in touch with Bruce, who says that future versions of PhoneAlarm will include this registry hack.

Posting Permissions