Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Ok let me start off by saying I have my settings for email completely correct for Gmail. With the whole 999kb/headers only etc. I'm thinking after a certain number of program installs to the device, that Windows Mobile 5 decides to dip into one of your email accounts and clear it out for space? I'm not sure but this is like the 2nd time this happened and its really annoying. Granted I have attachments stored on my storage card. Should I archive more mail and have less mail downloaded to my phone?. both my two email accounts have about 100+ messages in them.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Have you checked the email from a PC using Outlook as well? I know with my POP email accounts if you check them on a PC and have it set to remove the copy from the server, when you next send/receive on your PPC it will remove them from the device. If the email is no longer on the server it won't stay on the phone. This is supposed to be a feature to help clean the email on your device so you don't have to delete all the email on your device if you already have it on your PC.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    interesting..although i have my email set to not sync with my PC. I am baffled with Outlook when it comes to email, as I just love using Google's browser check my email. I shall check again..

*nope..there are absolutely no email accounts even set up through my desktop outlook"
    The only time i've noticed that my email would delete is if its deleted off the server but still on my device. When I would send and receive the emails that were removed from the server would get removed from my Inbox. This happend on my 6700 all the time I'm not sure if it happens on the wx because I'm using flexmail.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Well, Gmail is a unique situation that I haven't fully figured out (mostly because I don't really use it anymore). I think if you use the website and read the mail, it will be marked as read and deleted from the device. I'm not entirely sure though.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    I'm using a pop RoadRunner account. Email automatically deletes itself from my WM Outlook inbox all the time. Very frustrating since I like to keep my emails around for 3 or 4 weeks and would manually delete them.

If the reason for this behavior is because I have "remove from server" on my Desktop Outlook settings, it should _still_ be a configuration option on WM Outlook.

Don't delete my email from my WM Inbox unless I say so...

If I can't fix this, I will have to buy an email replacement. Suggestions?

Thanks!
    Rob
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    One item to check...

Under the "Delivery Preferences" for that account, go to the "Filters" tab. There is an option there that says "Only keep messages from the last ____ days. You can turn this option on\off and also specifiy the number of days. Now, what I'm not sure of here is if it actually deletes the email after X number of days or keeps them on the device and just doesn't show them to you....