1.    #1  
    Which device is better? It seems the 6700's price has dropped lower than the 700w/p... is it not as good? How does it fall between the 700wx and the 700w?
  2. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    The Treo!!

This is, of course, Treocentral.

Seriously, I think the 700wx is better on several fronts. It is much more stable. It handles memory cards better. it has customizations that make it better as a phone and easier to use. It has a slower processor, yet it is more responsive. The only thing the 6700 has over the 700wx is a bigger screen and stronger bluetooth. I have had a ppc-6700 since february. It has been very unstable and I have done everything possible to make it better. I now have a 700wx and I'm not looking back.
    Palm 5000 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony Clie T665 + Tmoble SIdekick > Sony TG50 (+Sidekick) > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > PPC-6700 > Treo 700wx
    The 6700 is an ok phone and great PDA

The 700wx is a great phone and a great pda

The biggest difference is the screen size and if you can get over that the 700wx wins hands down. I'm a former 6700 convert.

As for teh 700P, frankly its not even in the same ball park. When Palm figures out how to multi task properly I'll give them a shot again.
    I too, jumped ship from a 6700 that I had from January until about two weeks ago. I bought it because I always need to have the "best" thing I can at the time. I liked it initially, but for day-to-day use and ease, it is a brick. I never really pushed it to its limits, because it has a faster proc, bigger screen, etc. I tinkered, but I never felt like it was really perfect.

Since I got the 700wx, I have not looked back. It is so much better as an all-around device, and since WM 5 is all about one-handed use, it nails it. The 6700 never quite got there. Never made use of its softkeys correctly, and frankly, the bigger screen is nothing to flip out over. most of the time, you don't need the extra few pixels...

Get the 700wx. You won't regret it. Trust me - I've been there. I deliberated over getting the Treo, and it's been such a great decision.
    END OF LINE
  5.    #5  
    Guess I wasn't very clear. I would prefer the wx, but the deal that I'm going to pursue only allows for either the 6700 or the 700p. If you had to decide between the two, which would you pick and why?
  6. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Well, before I went with the 6700, I had a treo 650. The 6700 had a lot of nice features, but I was always worrying about whether I would get my next phone call or email. My 650 was rock solid. I can't speak for the 700p, but as for the 6700, if you need to launch the Space Shuttle with your phone, get the 6700. It is incredibly powerful and versitle. If you want a reliable phone that is a dependable email device, don't get the 6700. It is very unstable.
    Palm 5000 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony Clie T665 + Tmoble SIdekick > Sony TG50 (+Sidekick) > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > PPC-6700 > Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    Guess I wasn't very clear. I would prefer the wx, but the deal that I'm going to pursue only allows for either the 6700 or the 700p. If you had to decide between the two, which would you pick and why?
    I've had Treo 600, 650, 700p, 700wx, and PPC-6700. Loved the 650 except for the stability and lack of high speed. Didn't stick with the 700p for long because of the horrid bluetooth (much worse than 650) and stability issues. Really liked the PPC-6700, but hated the keyboard and the "chunkyness" and all the tweaking I had to do. It's definitely a PDA first and a phone second (a distant second...) Absolutely love the 700wx! The smaller screen is a compromise, but it's by far the best of the bunch for me.

To answer your question, I personally would go with the PPC-6700 over the 700p, but after using the 700wx, I wouldn't accept either of them over the 700wx.