Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    People should be getting them today. Please post initial impressions and juicy bits for those of us in underprivileged wireless tech countries like the U.S.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Yeah, c'mon already!! when the 700p, wx, came out there were reports by this time alreadyWhat's taking so long?
    Jimmie Geddes

Does anyone know if it's available in Singapore as yet? If so, do any online retailers have it as yet?
    obviously we can see how popular Treo is in Europe....

That being said..I'm all ready to import an unlocked vodafone version if they dont want it
    Yes, the silence is deafening from our UK friends!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Yes, the silence is deafening from our UK friends!
    Perhaps it's because we all love PalmOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Judging by Palms marketshare in Europe, I seriously doubt that.
    lol, just goes to show you one man's junk is another man's treasure. Not even one post yet. The Treo is so popular here in the states that this forum is crazy when a device gets released, and not one post here. Makes you wonder if the 750v is going to be as big as everyone thought. I expect any new Treo release state side will be huge, different strokes for different folks
    Jimmie Geddes
    The only post we have had so far was Marcol who looked at the Treo, and decided to buy a Tytn with a much cheaper data plan (25 MB vs 1GB). Vodafone may be big, but the crippling data costs stops geeks from buying into their devices.

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 10/02/2006 at 04:41 PM.
    It has just been released today on one UK network, it has no wifi and will struggle to sell over here as there are better phones available on better networks. Vodafones data plans are very exspensive and this will restrict its sale until unlocked versions are available for use on other networks.

The Tytn is a better phone for us as its got HSDPA and wifi out of the box and with tmobile we get 2 gig of data for 17$ a month equivalent which is our best deal on data, every other network charges by the kb hence the importance of wifi in the uk

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    The only post we have had so far was some-one who looked at the Treo, and decided to buy a Tytn with a much cheaper data plan (25 MB vs 1GB). Vodafone may be big, but the crippling data costs stops geeks from buying into their devices.

Surur
    Yes, I wasn't sure whether his decision was a vote of no-confidence in the 750v or a vote of no-confidence in the outrageous data costs. Or both.

(He said, happily seated at T-Mobile USA's $29.95/month data + wifi all-you-can-eat buffet).

You kinda wonder whether Vodafone's pricing geniuses took their economics classes. Lower price = more users = greater revenue = greater profit until you max out the system capacity and annoy your customers.

(Inference: this means that Vodafone's data systems have capacity for about 17 customers max? That's why they priced the data service so high).
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    It probably is that in my case. I'll be tempted to upgrade to the palmOS 680 when its out, but even though I prefer no antenna and the slightly smaller size I am not sure the 680 has enough other advantages over my very reliable 650 to make upgrading worth it.

Further advances in form factor (size/weight reduction) would make me take the plunge...
    Treo 270>600>650>samsung i780>pre
    I just can't believe that there's not one post here. I know we're a bunch of geeks, but surely there has to be at least 1 across the pond. I'm not even seeing sites posting reviews of the 750v. I don't think this is the response Palm was expecting..
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    The Treo is so popular here in the states that this forum is crazy when a device gets released, and not one post here.
    Yes, but most of the posters here are in the US Added to the fact that current Vodafone customers have been unable to order the phone as an upgrade until today And those on other carriers are put off by Vodafone's high data costs.
    Last edited by TazUk; 10/02/2006 at 05:07 PM.
    The only post we have had so far was Marcol who looked at the Treo, and decided to buy a Tytn with a much cheaper data plan (25 MB vs 1GB).
    You can find my (very brief) comments on the 750v in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=125513

(post #2) together with some discussion of the reason (Vodafone vs T-Mobile data costs) for going with the Vario II, T-Mobile's Hermes incarnation (posts #2 and #6).

Vodafone may be big, but the crippling data costs stops geeks from buying into their devices.
    OMG I'm a geek!

Vodafone do have a decent email plan (unlimited for 8) and my guess is that the 750v will do ok for them as a Blackberry replacement. On networks that have decent plans for all types of data I'd better it will sell rather well.
    No one even has one for testing? Over here, some prominent posters seem to get preview models.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    ...some prominent posters seem to get preview models.
    I guess we're not important enough
    Isnt TC a mainly US audience. I wouldnt expect any new Treos to be first spoken here...probalby at MT or Howard.

In any case, the special thing about it is the form factor, the data pricing will hurt it considerably. Hard for small fish to play in this one.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    lol, I'm going to post about this on my site. I can't believe that not 1 person has posted about this phone. I just checked Palm's UK site and Vodafone's site and it's available. I guess we're just used to the "Treo wave" that takes over this place, it's not happening for this phone.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Since Surur is an editor of a tech website, I'm surprised they didn't send one to him or others on the staff.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast