Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Use a plug-in program to put the icons to the programs you use most on the home screen
    Doesn't beat a single touch on a button. In any event, I don't buy phones in order to tidy up the manufacturer's job with patches, I'd like one that was well thought out to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Doesn't beat a single touch on a button. In any event, I don't buy phones in order to tidy up the manufacturer's job with patches, I'd like one that was well thought out to begin with.
    Well put, Biggles.

Signed,

Ginger.

(I think I read every book in the series as a boy).
    I do too, but we're talking about Palm.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    You mean you never bought any add on software for the POS to enhance and customise it for own personal preferences?

Anyway, you can still customise:

Start Button
    OK Button
    Side Button

and set up Option + on

Start
    OK
    Send

That ought to see you through.
    Ok. Some more data....

1. You can charge through the Mac USB without the Mac being connected to the power supply. This is not using the cable that comes with the 750, but a combined sync charge cable that I bought from Proporta for my 650.

2. You can change folders without the stylus. In fact I haven't used the stylus at all in the last couple of days.

3. I am getting used to the lack of buttons for address book etc. You can add summaries of all the main apps to the today screen and a quick click takes you straight there. No need for the windows menu. Not quite as quick as a dedicated button, but not far from it.

4. I discovered a nice feature. If you are using the headphones provided, then when someone in your address book calls, the phone reads the name to you i.e. "XXXX is calling". Its useful as you don't have to look at the phone when you are driving etc. I don't know if this feature is already in the 700, but it is quite neat.

5. Happy to rip the vodafone scheme if you can tell me how to do it (I am still getting used to WM5)

6. Batter power is better than I originally reported now that I have stopped playing with the phone. I have been using it with moderate frequency all day and still have 50% charge.
    Awesome! I hate using the stylus everytime I change folders within outlook. I am glad to know that theres an end in sight to that issue.
    Tell Waster how to rip the Vodafone shceme and the SMS app please
    Jimmie Geddes
    And go find a miniSD Wifi card to see if it works!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  9.    #109  
    Cool stuff Waster.

I don't have a device in front of me so this might not be exact, but:
    1.) From the today screen select today settings from menu.
    2.) Go to the theme tab, select a theme and there should be send button available. I don't a device with me to test but if you have a computer with bluetooth I think you should be able to send the theme as a file via bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Waster View Post
    Ok. Some more data....

1. You can charge through the Mac USB without the Mac being connected to the power supply. This is not using the cable that comes with the 750, but a combined sync charge cable that I bought from Proporta for my 650.

2. You can change folders without the stylus. In fact I haven't used the stylus at all in the last couple of days.

3. I am getting used to the lack of buttons for address book etc. You can add summaries of all the main apps to the today screen and a quick click takes you straight there. No need for the windows menu. Not quite as quick as a dedicated button, but not far from it.

4. I discovered a nice feature. If you are using the headphones provided, then when someone in your address book calls, the phone reads the name to you i.e. "XXXX is calling". Its useful as you don't have to look at the phone when you are driving etc. I don't know if this feature is already in the 700, but it is quite neat.

5. Happy to rip the vodafone scheme if you can tell me how to do it (I am still getting used to WM5)

6. Batter power is better than I originally reported now that I have stopped playing with the phone. I have been using it with moderate frequency all day and still have 50% charge.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    You should find the .tsk file in the \windows folder.

Surur
    there is a thread on xda-developers.com that the treo 700w rom was extracted. the link to the thread is here ... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...light=700w+rom

the 2nd post has a program to dump the rom. hope this works cause theres a LOT of us waiting for the folder option and threaded text messing.
    The tool is grab_it and the thread for it is here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=238945

The download can be gotten from this thread also.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=124553&page=2

If you get a write error when you run this check the value in your registry for the name of your storage card folder.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ StorageManager\Profiles\PCMCIA]

The value for Folder should be "Storage Card". If it's not you'll need to change it for grab_it to work.
    The wait is killing me!!
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Good things come to those who wait
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I do too, but we're talking about Palm
    Well, no, you're talking about Palm ;-)

I'm talking about looking for a smartphone that's a step up from my Treo 650; I am coming to accept that Palm are not doing anything that meets my needs at the moment and they will probably be outpaced by the opposition over the next 6/12 months.

You mean you never bought any add on software for the POS to enhance and customise it for own personal preferences?
    Well, actually, no. I was a simple boy that thought the Palm V was the ideal PDA and didn't need artificial stimulants. I bought the Treo 650 as the logical next step. I don't yet see the logical next step from here. It sure ain't the 750v.
    They've already been outpaced by the competition.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    ok, attached is the business.tsk file which I got from the Windows directory as described by surur. Hopefully this should give you the voda colour scheme. Can somebody post and let me know if this works.

now for the bad news, I don't have a Mini SD card to hand, so I can't rip the rom. I will get hold of a card over the weekend and give it a go. Sorry for the wait.....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    It works!!! I put it in my Windows folder from what Surur wrote above, it didn't show up in my today themes, so I reset my 700wx, then "business" was a theme in today. Thanks again Waster for helping us out!! Can't wait for the SMS app
    Jimmie Geddes
    Will the business.tsk work on any PPC? I'd like to try it!

Thanks Waster! Looks really good! Maybe this should be posted in the Treo 700wx forum for everyone.
    Last edited by dbarrett5381; 10/06/2006 at 10:37 PM.