Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Yeah, we are desperately waiting to get a hold of the SMS app You don't know how many people you will help by doing this.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Palm needs to just release it themselves! Didn't they promise it anyway?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    So, the $100 question is if it has that 1 handed folder changing in outlook? Can you click the right button & change folders (you posted a picture of it in the past)?

please for the sake of treo central calming down a bit someone post the sms app(or even the whole mail and sms app)? A bribe might help?
    Last edited by bloodycape77; 10/03/2006 at 10:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Don't happen to have a miniSD Wifi card sitting around do you?
    I don't I'm afraid and I won't be getting one as I don't really need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Thanks for the first feedback! How is the build quality? Any squeaks or creaks? Are the buttons and battery cover solid? Does the new paint get fingerprints easily?
    Build quality seems fine. I like the rubberised paint. The whole unit looks good and feels well made, albeit quite light. The battery cover seems to fit much better than on the 650. I can see some fingermarks on the blue paint, but nothing that won't just wipe off.

I won't post pictures as it looks just the same as on the Palm site and in the review here!
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Can you describe the A2DP support on the 750v? If you have A2DP headphones try it out and tell us how well it works.
    I don't have any A2DP headphones I'm afraid but it's something I would be interested in if it works well as an mp3 player.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    can you help us get the threaded SMS app oof of your Treo 750v?

Can someone post how one would go about doing this, so if someone wants to help us out they can?
    I posted in this thread in response to requests for new user reports. I can't help with hacking - sorry.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Right Vodafone have finally allowed me to order it as an upgrade and hopefully it will be with me tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    Right Vodafone have finally allowed me to order it as an upgrade and hopefully it will be with me tomorrow
    Maybe you can get us that SMS app
    Jimmie Geddes
    May I ask what sort of deal Vodafone cut you? Were you an existing Vodafone customer and what price (if any) did they charge you for the device and what tarriff are you on?
    a total of two people have the 750v so far?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    wow 2 people, we're getting closer to the SMS app
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Eventually I did get her to concede that I could have one for 117 if I took out a new contract
    I'm entitled to an upgrade, and they still wanted 150 when I enquired yesterday! But I don't use it as a phone a great deal, ie you're a more valuable customer.

c) I also think Palm have screwed up a bit here with their strategy as, when I went in the Vodafone shop, the 750V just looked like any other device on the shelf next to all the other phones etc. i.e. no differentiation.It just becomes another commodity on the shelf with the other tins of beans
    I have to agree here. Other networks (and Vodafone with some other phones) plaster big posters in the shop window when there is a new phone in stock.

Not with this one; I don't know whose job the marketing was (Voda or Palm) but they're not doing a good job.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    wow 2 people, we're getting closer to the SMS app
    Jimmie, I don't get what's with your posts on the threaded SMS app. What's missing from the 750v? The 650 has threaded SMS, have they removed it from the 750v?
    Threaded SMS has only been on the PalmOS versions of the Treo. However, the 750 now has it and it should be available at some point for the 700w and 700wx.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  17. ms8
    How's your battery life? The demo or Engineering set I have is terrible...had to charge it twice today with 3G and Push Mail enabled...
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    I have to agree here. Other networks (and Vodafone with some other phones) plaster big posters in the shop window when there is a new phone in stock.

Not with this one; I don't know whose job the marketing was (Voda or Palm) but they're not doing a good job.
    I used to do a lot of work with Motorola and they spend a lot of time and effort working with the airtime companies to promote, sell, market etc their handsets. What the work they did was nothing compared to what Nokia and Sony Ericsson did!

Frankly, I think Palm are a bit out of their depth here. It is a bloody tough market and you have to know what you are doing to compete and get yourself noticed. I don't think they realise what they need to do to compete with the other phone manufacturers. They know about how to sell PDA's but not how to sell phones!

As for Vodafone, they still think all they are about is selling talk time. Their strategists may have invested all this money in 3G and moving data down to the user, but clearly they have not passed this message down to the fronline. Whatever other reason can there be for the 750V to be there on the shelf, camoflouged against the back drop of all the other phones.

If it was up to me, it would be on its own in the corner aimed at business men (people!) being sold as a moblie web browsing/email/access to corporate data device, oh, and by the way, if you want to talk down it or send a text, you can.
    Palm doesn't realize it needs to compete against other phones? I've been saying that for quite some time now!

Palm actually doesn't care, they obviously think they can sell on their name alone. Why else do they keep giving us phones with very little updates?Because it's a more closed market in the US(the carriers seem to restrict access to good phones), people put up with that here. I wonder how well this will pan out in the UK and EU in the end. Since you have access to way more phones, I think Palm may be in for some trouble!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Agg (of Leve) View Post
    May I ask what sort of deal Vodafone cut you? Were you an existing Vodafone customer and what price (if any) did they charge you for the device and what tarriff are you on?
    Existing customer so ordered as an upgrade, phone cost 100, tariff Anytime 500 with 250 free texts, (which equates to 13Mb data I believe), at 40 per month. Prices are ex VAT.