Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I guess I just find the silence stunning. At least someone to say "I got one!". On the comment about the TyTN being a better phone, I guess I have to disagree. It has more features, but I tried one for three weeks. I thought it was a terrible phone. A geeky device, but not lacking one-handed use and physically not very comfortable. The d-pad and buttons on the HTC version were just terrible, an ergonomic disaster in my opinion.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    It is 11:30PM over in the UK at the moment, maybe something tomorrow morning?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Looks like the few UK members here might be passing on it. Our last hope is Stig, I believe he said he would try one. Otherwise, we'll have to start searching UK tech sites for reviews.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Since Surur is an editor of a tech website, I'm surprised they didn't send one to him or others on the staff.
    Apparently we have strained relationships with Vodafone, having got a C&D from them for publishing a leaked power point of their upcoming device road map.

I found a review by 3g.co.uk, but there is very little personal character to it, so one does not get a feeling whether they were very enthusiastic about it or not. It still scored 87%, but they lament the lack of WIFI, 1.3 Megapixel camera instead of 2 Megapixel, and bluetooth 1.2 vs 2.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I just checked Palm's UK site and Vodafone's site and it's available.
    It's definitely available. The Vodafone shop (perhaps I should say 'store' ) I was in today said they'd had them since Friday last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    lol, just goes to show you one man's junk is another man's treasure. Not even one post yet. The Treo is so popular here in the states that this forum is crazy when a device gets released, and not one post here. Makes you wonder if the 750v is going to be as big as everyone thought. I expect any new Treo release state side will be huge, different strokes for different folks
    well, not to be sarcastic, the treo 750v was designed for the european market and since palm knew that wifi would not be popular they kept wifi out of their new european specific model

No one even has one for testing? Over here, some prominent posters seem to get preview models.
    some folks at hofo.com that work for cingular are testing the 750 for cingular.

Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    I guess we're not important enough
    kinda sucks to be a US gsm customer right now. verizon and sprint are getting some awesome handsets right now
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    I posted this on my site, I'm not advertising

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2006/10/wh...treo-750v.html

I just can't believe that there's no excitement like we've seen with all past Treo releases. The 750v might not be everything everyone wants in terms of features, but not one post is pretty strange.

Even something like Pantech's pre-paid phone gets mentioned,lol.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/1...gular-prepaid/
    Jimmie Geddes
    That's not a badly written review Surur, but still waiting for an actual user review.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    That's not a badly written review Surur, but still waiting for an actual user review.
    Yeah, where are the OCD Treo users like us??
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I found a review by 3g.co.uk, but there is very little personal character to it, so one does not get a feeling whether they were very enthusiastic about it or not. It still scored 87%, but they lament the lack of WIFI, 1.3 Megapixel camera instead of 2 Megapixel, and bluetooth 1.2 vs 2.
    It's pretty hard to score less than 80% with 3g.co.uk:

http://www.3g.co.uk/3GPhoneReviews.htm

The vast majority of phones score between 84 and 90. Can't help thinking they need to revise their marking system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    some folks at hofo.com that work for cingular are testing the 750 for cingular.

kinda sucks to be a US gsm customer right now. verizon and sprint are getting some awesome handsets right now
    One way to show GSM carriers we mean business, buy unlocked. When they see people spending money elsewhere, maybe(that's maybe) they'll wise up and get the phones we want quicker.

Good to hear about Cingular, too bad they don't post over here too. I like Hofo, but it's such a huge place with something of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    It's pretty hard to score less than 80% with 3g.co.uk:

http://www.3g.co.uk/3GPhoneReviews.htm

The vast majority of phones score between 84 and 90. Can't help thinking they need to revise their marking system.
    Well they like the Treo better than the N73. Maybe it's a good sign?

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Judging by Palms marketshare in Europe, I seriously doubt that.
    Did you miss the smiley?

Palm's market share is pretty much what they deserve considering the marketing effort they've put in over here for the last few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Did you miss the smiley?
    Yep....sorry about that.
    One way to show GSM carriers we mean business, buy unlocked. When they see people spending money elsewhere, maybe(that's maybe) they'll wise up and get the phones we want quicker.

Good to hear about Cingular, too bad they don't post over here too. I like Hofo, but it's such a huge place with something of everything.

i am really debating about buying my third unlocked handset. my fear is buying an expensive handset like the tytn or the trinity and have the device fail without any good customer support. i wish there were some prepaid sim cards here in the US then carriers would be fighting more for our business.

i love hofo.com! you can find information on everything there. though hofo.com's palm os is a bit dry and i have noticed the traffic is getting weak there now and there is a lot more interest on the ms side
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Maybe ask around here and on Hofo for reputable unlocked dealers. Mad Monkey is one. They have the TyTn for $719, although that's high.

Maybe ask around here and on Hofo for reputable unlocked dealers. Mad Monkey is one. They have the TyTn for $719, although that's high.
    mad monkey is supposed to be awesome from what i have heard. i am waiting till the end of this month for the 8525. if it does not materialize i think i am going to go for either the trinity or the tytn
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Just phoned Vodafone and guess what, still no stock so I can't order it as an upgrade until it comes in The guy I spoke to says they've been told week commencing the 2nd, so it should be any day now. So it doesn't sound like anyone has one yet.
    In the Singapore thread, it looks like they're out in that area. How did they get them before the UK?

In the Singapore thread, it looks like they're out in that area. How did they get them before the UK?
    Much to my dismay, it doesn't look like it's commercially available yet. I think a few people somehow managed to get their hands on demo sets.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast