1.    #1  
    Can someone explain the difference? It seems Verizon only sells the 700w.
    1. memory

2. sprint and verizon
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    robodude, like totally do some research. check it out: http://www.palm.com/us/products/compare/index.html

like, I totally stumbled on that using my tubular web browser
  4.    #4  
    I'm researching now... trying to decide betweent he 700p and the 700w. I've been leaning towards the 700p until reading all the multitasking threads.

Thanks for the link. Seems memory is the exact same on both the w and wx... I wonder why the first guy said memory was different.
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    One has enough memory to run WM multi-tasking and one does not?
    Seems memory is the exact same on both the w and wx... I wonder why the first guy said memory was different.
    It's the amount of memory made available to run programs that differs between the W and the WX.

It's a HUGE difference.
    I'm sure its not a difference Palm admits to in its comparison.

Surur

For the record, the W has 32Mb sdram, of which about 15 MB or less is available after a soft reset, while the wx has 64?b sdram, of which 47MB is free after a soft reset. Its like having 128MB or 256MB available to run windows xp.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I'm sure its not a difference Palm admits to in its comparison.

Surur

For the record, the W has 32Mb sdram, of which about 15 MB or less is available after a soft reset, while the wx has 64?b sdram, of which 47MB is free after a soft reset. Its like having 128MB or 256MB available to run windows xp.
    Well, the wx can run a program in the background.
  9.    #9  
    Very interesting... so is it safe to assume I'm better off with a 700p than a 700w?
    Very interesting... so is it safe to assume I'm better off with a 700p than a 700w?
    Or a 650, particularly if it is paid for or on contract.

Night and day.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I'd only consider the Q or the P on Verizon.
  13.    #13  
    But the Q isn't a real PDA? Will 700w/wx apps work on it?
    If you are on Verizon, I agree with getting the Q or P. I personally like the 700wx better then any other Treo.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  15.    #15  
    Tell me the differences between the Q and the 700wx. From my understanding the Q is NOT a PDA.
    The Q is a "smartphone" where as the WX is a Pocket PC.

They run different operating systems.

It does not have a touchscreen.

Read all about it at www.qusers.com
    The Q also does not have a touch screen where Pocket PC's (700w/wx) do. Windows Mobile Smartphone is similiar, just lacks alot of the features the Windows Mobile PocketPC has. It's not bad, just can't do as much as the PocketPC version. You also can't edit Office documents (word, excel, etc.) natively.

Take a look here for the differences.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/about/faq.mspx#2
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone