Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    I now have asked for my 750Vs unlock code, as I only get 25MB for 30 quid a month on that contract.
    Hi Cyril, Please let us know how this goes. I'm really not sure this Vario II I got yesterday is a keeper and I'd be pretty keen to get a 750v on T-Mob if I could!

PS You did confirm that it's locked? Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    Hi Cyril, Please let us know how this goes. I'm really not sure this Vario II I got yesterday is a keeper and I'd be pretty keen to get a 750v on T-Mob if I could!

PS You did confirm that it's locked? Just a thought.
    it is definitey locked .
    waiting for my PAC code so will report on data and phone use next week.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I now have asked for my 750Vs unlock code, as I only get 25MB for 30 quid a month on that contract.
    Vodafone always used to sell their contract phones unlocked; have they stopped doing that? That's another minus point for the 750v.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Vodafone always used to sell their contract phones unlocked; have they stopped doing that? That's another minus point for the 750v.
    I think they have been locking their phones for a while.

If you are lucky you sometimes get a phone that's unlocked, but as the 750V has a 3 month exclusivity deal with Voda it's unlikely that you will be able to get an unlocked one out of the box. Every UK network will (eventually) give you an unlock code if you request it. I am not sure if I have to pay all my line rental upfront, a direct debit penalty and a 15 fee like I did with Orange and the 650.

I am moving from Orange to Voda, but I have already signed up for the unlimited T-mobile contract, so hopefully will be using the T-mobile in the 750v, and my Voda sim will go in my 650.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    In germany you'll get an unlocked treo750v look here: http://www.gethandy.de/sess/utn;jses...28HVD0131%3D29
    Unfortunately I don't speak German, how can you tell if it's unlocked? Also can you order it if you aren't in Germany?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    its also a different keyboard in germany
    They don't use the standard western QWERTY?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Unfortunately I don't speak German, how can you tell if it's unlocked? Also can you order it if you aren't in Germany?
    I used an online translator(although those things suck) and it didn't really say anything about unlocked. It did say buy with no contract the Vodafone version. That doesn't mean unlocked though. Unless that site's known for selling only unlocked phones.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    I think they have been locking their phones for a while.

If you are lucky you sometimes get a phone that's unlocked, but as the 750V has a 3 month exclusivity deal with Voda it's unlikely that you will be able to get an unlocked one out of the box. Every UK network will (eventually) give you an unlock code if you request it. I am not sure if I have to pay all my line rental upfront, a direct debit penalty and a 15 fee like I did with Orange and the 650.

I am moving from Orange to Voda, but I have already signed up for the unlimited T-mobile contract, so hopefully will be using the T-mobile in the 750v, and my Voda sim will go in my 650.
    How do you know that it is only 3 months?

I think i can wait three months and get an unlocked one and keep my T-Mobile unlimited web n walk.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    They don't use the standard western QWERTY?
    No, they use QWERTZ. There isn't even a "standard" QWERTY - in different English speaking countries the different currency symbols, accented letters and the like move (generally special keys) round like they were playing musical chairs!

It's murder if you touch type and have to use keyboards across Europe!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12