1.    #1  
    I am having a problem with Windows Media Player on my 700wx.
    After loading songs with WMP (on PC), WMP Mobile plays 2-3 seconds of a song and then goes to the next one and so on.

I tried to format my SD card, copy and paste MP3s using a card reader (no WMP) and still have this problem.
    I tested the card and it works perfectly on other devices.

I think that it may be a software issue on WM5 because I had the same problem with my PPC 6700.

Any ideas?
    Is there any chance that this relates to the program that you used to convert the music, (if you did convert the music)?

I had the same problem and it was because of the windows copyright protection. I had to acquire a license or use a converter that disabled the DRM, (I think its called DRM), protection.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    Is there any chance that this relates to the program that you used to convert the music, (if you did convert the music)?

I had the same problem and it was because of the windows copyright protection. I had to acquire a license or use a converter that disabled the DRM, (I think its called DRM), protection.
    Convert as ripping from a CD?
    Most of my songs are MP3 files; I tried to load them using:
    . WMP via ActiveSync with WMA conversion
    . WMP via ActiveSync without conversion
    . Drag and drop using a card reader
    and I encounter the same problem.
    None of my mp3s are DRM protected but thanks for the advise, I will research on that.

Almost forgot, sometimes a soft reset on my wx solves the problem.
    Last edited by brightcell; 10/02/2006 at 12:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I've had this problem personally, and I found it only to happen after I use a certain program. Specifically PocketSNES emulator, after I reset the phone I don't have any problems playing a song all the way through. So maybe it could be one of the 3rd party application/plugin you are using. Do you have this problem after you reset your phone? I have a 700w btw...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rburna View Post
    I've had this problem personally, and I found it only to happen after I use a certain program. Specifically PocketSNES emulator, after I reset the phone I don't have any problems playing a song all the way through. So maybe it could be one of the 3rd party application/plugin you are using. Do you have this problem after you reset your phone? I have a 700w btw...
    Usually a soft reset helps so I think you are correct with the 3rd party app.
    I am going to hard reset and check them one by one.
    Thanks for your help!
  6.    #6  
    Hard reset.
    Reinstalled everything one by one and OXIOS memory was the culprit.

WMP works fine now as well as the side button and Option+Send button (I used to receive error messages because it couldn't find the shortcut).

Hope it can help someone else.
    1. I am also having the same problem with WMP on my 700wx. WMP plays 2-3 secs of a song and then goes to the next one and so on. I removed OXIOS memory, and still doing that... But I still have Sprite Backup, Magic Button, TodayAgenda on my wx... any ideas..

2. Sometimes when I try to play a song, it says 'not Enough memory...' and stop playing.

3. If I have WMP app open, and I check the memory level, it takes up 45.00 MB.. anyone else having this issue?
    OXIOS is definitely the culprit, good call brightcell. I had the same thing going on and as soon as I closed all of my apps and restarted WMP everything was fine. Sometimes you have to soft reset.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    has anyone else noticed a big difference in memory level while playing WMP?
  10.    #10  
    It seems that the problem with WMP is always due to conflicts with 3rd party apps.
    I recommend to test them one after one.
    I started fresh with a hard reset, installed one at a time and tested WMP each time.

Soft resetting is good too but some reasons, it happened twice already, after a soft reset, my Treo just doesn't start. Usually it's due to an app. present in start up. I have only Yahoo GO! ..and need it.

WMP takes a huge amount of memory while playing.