Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    OIC Mal,

I hadn't noticed until today that the screen never turns all the way off while streaming.

I look forward to a KB toggle app. After 2 years with KBLightsOff on my 600 and 650 its aggravating to have no control over them now.
    Though I never owned a Palm based Treo, I must agree that an app similar to KBLightsOff would be very useful for the 700wx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah, I spoke to Bruce already about it. He was lukewarm. Mostly b/c he doesn't have a Treo to play around with although now it looks most of the leg work is done.

Not sure though about disabling that KB driver though. Eh, it's a start.

Someone smarter than me can pick up and run with it...
    I used this hack hoping it would help out with phone alarm lite, when i get an alert the screen stays off but the kb lights still stay on. Is that how it's suppose to be or is it just my phone?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by polo_ka View Post
    I used this hack hoping it would help out with phone alarm lite, when i get an alert the screen stays off but the kb lights still stay on. Is that how it's suppose to be or is it just my phone?
    Hmmm, not sure what to say with this one as I haven't done a before/after with "disable backlight on alarms" with PA and this reg hack.

I can say when I just tried the "disable backlight on alarm" function and sent myself an email: backlight didn't come on, keyboard didn't light up and my LED starting to blink and vibrate. In other words all is working as it should even with this trick.

Have you gone back into the registry to make sure that the change took? You have to power off the device first (standby) and wait a couple of mins for the ROM to flush to RAM. If you just reset to quickly, you loose the change.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4.    #24  
    FYI: I sent a request to Brandon at http://www.qoolapps.com/index.html to see if he could put together some type of KB Toggle program.

Lets hope!

Thanks for this hack. Works beautifully for me. I have a hotkey set to turn off the screen in WMP. Now the keypad lights go off too and I don't look like a dork walking with a lit up Treo on my belt.
    Just as an aside, when I use my Registry Editor, I don't see "HKLM", I see "HKEY"...other than that, everything else is the same. Why is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose View Post
    Just as an aside, when I use my Registry Editor, I don't see "HKLM", I see "HKEY"...other than that, everything else is the same. Why is that?
    HKLM = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsup1o View Post
    ahh, that makes sense. This may be a good feature to include to PhoneAlarm.
    Hi,

Have just produced "KeyLight" - a freeware toggle and commandline tool to control the keyboard light

Just sent it off to a tester and if all is OK - expect to find it on the pocketMax website tomorrow evening (24 hours from now)

Penguin
    Web: http://www.pocketmax.net
    Wow, mr pocketmax himself at treocentral! Welcome and thanks for the free keylight tool!
    Awesome!!! My battery and I thank you
  11.    #31  
    I wonder who the mystery tester is...

It's getting there guys so I'd expect it soon. There are a few refinements with the behavior that need to be worked out, but as of now with some fiddiling it does work.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    So is this app going to be anything like KBlights for Pos, where you could toggle the lights on and off ? I mean will we be able to turn off the KB while still getting a backlit screen?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    So is this app going to be anything like KBlights for Pos, where you could toggle the lights on and off ? I mean will we be able to turn off the KB while still getting a backlit screen?
    exactly, that's the point of this program.

assuming it keeps the current command line system, you'll be able to tie into PhoneAlarm's "run program on profile change" feature, which will be really nice.

it's already basically working, but there needs to be a fix for turning lights back on after you power off. shouldn't be anything too big, just a matter of finding the right "state" to change, but I'll leave that to Bruce to figure out.

Make sure that it works like keyshades in that you can turn them on and off by just pressing the side button.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    Make sure that it works like keyshades in that you can turn them on and off by just pressing the side button.
    well duh...

Quote Originally Posted by D1G1T4L View Post
    HKLM = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Thank you! Now I feel stupid....
    how would you go about doing regedit on the phone? - sorry if its a dumb question. Just that nobody mentions it - THANKS

EDIT: got it, i searched and downloaded Pascal TRE and finally got it all to work - THANKS!!!
    Last edited by gordo2dope; 10/17/2006 at 01:05 PM.
    I'm looking forward to this app now
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Maybe someone will throw in some common sense configurations.....like on the Samsung i730 you can turn the backlight off during periods of time (such as during the day)......
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    Maybe someone will throw in some common sense configurations.....like on the Samsung i730 you can turn the backlight off during periods of time (such as during the day)......
    that was the point of my post #33, you'll be able to use this with a profile change in PhoneAlarm.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast