Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm trying to figure out how to set an alarm that will keep ringing like my phone rings when I have a phone call so that it will wake me up out of a deep sleep. Is this possible? I figured out how to set the alarm clock but it's not very loud and only beeps a few times. I set it through start->settings>system>clock&alarms

Thank you,

heimlich
    Quote Originally Posted by heimlich View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how to set an alarm that will keep ringing like my phone rings when I have a phone call so that it will wake me up out of a deep sleep. Is this possible? I figured out how to set the alarm clock but it's not very loud and only beeps a few times. I set it through start->settings>system>clock&alarms

Thank you,

heimlich
    Just download and install this. It's small, lite, reliable and very, very loud.

AlarmClock 0.04

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    You can change the sounds of the default alarms. Tap on the clock on your Today Page. Go to the Alarm Tab and tap on the bell icon. You will see a pull down menu. Scroll down until you find a sound that you think will wake you up. That should do it for ya.
    Malatesta provided a great, simple, easy to use app. Those are the kinds of applications I am interested in.

Just a quick tip for those with the treo, when setting the alarm on the small W or WX screen, after you have set everything to your desire, use your nav down button and highlight suspend-mode disabled (the keyboard icon will be covering half of it), then hit down down down (3 times) and then hit the center select button (center nav) to select the setting and return you to the main menu of the app.

Just had a flashback while typing this...
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right BA Start...... Wow that just brought back some good old memories...

PS: the default alarm "use built-in BEEP sound" is DEAFENING!!! LOL my dog barks at 5:30am causing a chain reaction of noise and barks...
    Last edited by olywogle; 10/01/2006 at 11:15 AM.
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    which one should i install for my Treo 700wx

ARM CPU:
    MIPS CPU:
    SH3 CPU:
    SH4 CPU:
    WM2003:
    Quote Originally Posted by aznspiki View Post
    which one should i install for my Treo 700wx

ARM CPU:
    MIPS CPU:
    SH3 CPU:
    SH4 CPU:
    WM2003:

Install this one: AlarmClock.PPC_ARM.CAB
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  7.    #7  
    I'm trying to copy over the .cab files but windows wont let me. This is for the alrarm clock question that was posted. Has anyone else had these problems? I am allowed to copy over .doc documents so I think there is some kind of issue with the type of file that I am trying to copy over.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by heimlich View Post
    I'm trying to copy over the .cab files but windows wont let me. This is for the alrarm clock question that was posted. Has anyone else had these problems? I am allowed to copy over .doc documents so I think there is some kind of issue with the type of file that I am trying to copy over.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

I should have made is a bit clearer. This is in regards to the alarm clock program that was posted. I'm unable to install it. Thanks.
    Any good alarm programs that play MP3s ?
    Treo 700wx, Topram 4GB 150x

Anyone want a Treo 700p for $430 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by H1DC View Post
    Any good alarm programs that play MP3s ?
    not free, but probably the best Alarm solution for WM5:

pTravelAlarm

It's a little large (3mb) but i was able to successfully UPX the program to just under 600kb.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 10/01/2006 at 06:10 PM.

thanks, but whats UPX?

Quote Originally Posted by H1DC View Post
    thanks, but whats UPX?
    http://wiki.treocentral.com/index.php/UPX4PPC

Thanks!

Never knew,... was missing out,.. I just applied to everything!

i use spb time. very nice app and has nice screensaver that i use when my treo is docked on my bed side table.

heres a link to some nice screen shots... http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/prod...nshots.html?en

has free trial
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i use spb time. very nice app and has nice screensaver that i use when my treo is docked on my bed side table.

heres a link to some nice screen shots... http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/prod...nshots.html?en

has free trial
    Does that one work with MP3s?

I have also been looking for a free alarm clock that plays mp3's. So far, I have just been using Calendar and setting up "reminders" to wake me up.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olywogle View Post
    Malatesta provided a great, simple, easy to use app. Those are the kinds of applications I am interested in.

Just a quick tip for those with the treo, when setting the alarm on the small W or WX screen, after you have set everything to your desire, use your nav down button and highlight suspend-mode disabled (the keyboard icon will be covering half of it), then hit down down down (3 times) and then hit the center select button (center nav) to select the setting and return you to the main menu of the app.

Just had a flashback while typing this...
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right BA Start...... Wow that just brought back some good old memories...

PS: the default alarm "use built-in BEEP sound" is DEAFENING!!! LOL my dog barks at 5:30am causing a chain reaction of noise and barks...
    Here's a solution (not mine, but it's great). You can resourcehack the alarmclock.exe using the instructions in this post: http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php?PH...c=34615.0;wap2

It works great and resizes the settings dialogue box for a Treo screen!

Here's the actual link to the regular formatted thread: http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,34615.0.html
    Last edited by xdalaw; 12/09/2006 at 06:02 PM.
  18. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    not free, but probably the best Alarm solution for WM5:

pTravelAlarm

It's a little large (3mb) but i was able to successfully UPX the program to just under 600kb.
    silly question, but do alarm programs such as this override system settings for alarm volume? Phonealarm settings?

I set my volumes pretty low and it would be nice to know that the alarm will still blast me out of a sleeping state.
    I get calls at weird hours of the night. Does the alarm on the phone work with the phone turned off? I don't want to have my sound on and be woken up by a call, only the alarm
    xdalaw, do you still use AlarmClock.exe?

Do you know what the "Suspend-mode disabled" checkbox does?

Thanks,
    Ix.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast