1.    #1  
    I frequently stream internet radio via TCPMP and usually leave the screen/button lock inactive because it always temporarily and often permanent inhibits the stream.

If I uncheck the "turn of device if not used for" option in the stock settings I have better luck at maintaining the stream .

Is there a better way?

I see pocketmax is still not finished with screenguard.
    I know that PocketMusic has a good screen/keyboard lock builtin. I haven't tried streaming using it though but I think it's supported.
    Last edited by hannip; 10/01/2006 at 07:06 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Ow, thanks I'll check that out.

I wish I could figure out why sometimes the built in screen/button lock utility continuously inhibits the stream and sometimes it only inhibits it for the first 20 seconds.
    Use the following link to get the latest version.

www.pocketmind.com/files/pmusic.zip

So I tried the streaming support in PocketMusic and it works great for shoutcast streams. Says it also works with icecast streams. But I haven't figured out how to get the streams from thestreamcenter.com to work with it yet. I think it's just a matter of figuring out how to get the appropriate url in the playlist in the right format.

When you download a shoutcast playlist it automatically starts playing in PocketMusic. Pretty cool.

Edit: mp3 streams from thestreamcenter.com play fine through PocketMusic. I'm not sure how to get the WMP versions to work yet.
    Last edited by hannip; 10/01/2006 at 09:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    I found this Device Lock App over at xda-developers. It is like the lock found on other pdaphones like the 6700. You can map it to a key, or like me have a icon using iLauncher to start it. The only thing I don't like about it is that the screen won't turn off all the way, but it is better then the built-in one. Treo better do fix on the next ROM update, this is just so annoying.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by budney View Post
    I found this Device Lock App over at xda-developers. It is like the lock found on other pdaphones like the 6700. You can map it to a key, or like me have a icon using iLauncher to start it. The only thing I don't like about it is that the screen won't turn off all the way, but it is better then the built-in one. Treo better do fix on the next ROM update, this is just so annoying.
    Thanks a ton. I recognized that one right away as one I had downloaded for a 6700 user so I could beam it to them in class, (they were tired of going to the today screen and tapping the lock plugin. I downloaded it from here http://ppcgeeks.com/how-to-device-ke...evicelock.html There are also 3 other options on that page.

I never thought about using it on the wx. It is the perfect solution. I can lock the screen and still use the volume buttons, all the other buttons are disabled. This is the best setup Ive had, even better than the way it worked on the 6700.....

Thanks again!!!
    notjpr: I use Resco Radio (yeah, not free, but very nice) and it has a feature to turn off screen (it left the KB lights on, but I fixed that in another post) and it will lock all your keys or all your keys except your control keys. (e.g. I can change my favorites, control volume, play, stop, etc).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    Thanks a ton. I recognized that one right away as one I had downloaded for a 6700 user so I could beam it to them in class, (they were tired of going to the today screen and tapping the lock plugin. I downloaded it from here http://ppcgeeks.com/how-to-device-ke...evicelock.html There are also 3 other options on that page.

I never thought about using it on the wx. It is the perfect solution. I can lock the screen and still use the volume buttons, all the other buttons are disabled. This is the best setup Ive had, even better than the way it worked on the 6700.....

Thanks again!!!
    Your welcome! And thanks for mentioning the part about the volume keys. I should of known Mal posted this app over a ppcgeeks.

Mal - Thanks for mentioning Resco Radio, will have to go check that out now.

Edit: Cool progam, but not for me.
    Last edited by budney; 10/01/2006 at 03:00 PM.
  9.    #9  
    I just wanted to post info on how I'm using this if anyone also has the same need, (to lock the screen and buttons-not side volume buttons while streaming).

VJDeviceLock will create a folder in your windows, start menu, program folder. Don't use that one. Create a short cut via TotalCommander or another file manager from the \Program Files\vj5555\VJDeviceLock to the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs And that's what you would want to use to lock the device while streaming. Its fast, works perfect and its FREE!!!
    Thanks all,,,,Love our community
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    I just wanted to post info on how I'm using this if anyone also has the same need, (to lock the screen and buttons-not side volume buttons while streaming).

VJDeviceLock will create a folder in your windows, start menu, program folder. Don't use that one. Create a short cut via TotalCommander or another file manager from the \Program Files\vj5555\VJDeviceLock to the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs And that's what you would want to use to lock the device while streaming. Its fast, works perfect and its FREE!!!
    Thanks all,,,,Love our community
    I think VJ actually recommended that people use Budney's suggested app. Both devs were creating one at the same time, and VJ preferred armstrom's more. FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    I think VJ actually recommended that people use Budney's suggested app. Both devs were creating one at the same time, and VJ preferred armstrom's more. FYI.
    VJ actually updated his app so that it does all the same things now. basically it's a wash between the two.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter