Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    i just got my 700wx from sprint....i was using 700p before. Things i hate about 700wx are..

1) The screen is not bright enough compare to 700p even tho i set the brightness to max. it looks like the screen is wash out...

2) When you want a dial pad you have to press the phone button then select dial pad but in 700p all you need to do is press the phone button and the dial pad will come up.

3) when you are on the call... the buttons for speaker and mute are very small and really had to press compare to 700p and hangup button is missing on the screen. In 700p the buttons for Hangup, Speaker and mute buttons on the screen are very big and you can easily select it.

4) When you type in gmail.com in 700wx it will take you to the Mobile Gmail page which you can't download attachments. But in 700p it will take you to regular gmail page and you can download mail attachments

5) The charger for 700wx is big and ugly... but 700p charger is small.

those are the things that i hate about 700wx so far...

&

Things that i like about 700wx

1) you can make mp3 ring tones on 700wx.... 700p can't

2) you can install whatever program you want since it is WM5

3) The internet is slightly faster than the 700p

4) You can play Windows Media Player on the background while you are working or something else. (Multitasking)

i can't think anymore now i'll add more later ...
    Last edited by aznspiki; 10/01/2006 at 12:21 PM.
    i really think too much of an issue is made about the wx screen brightness. it is quite bright, just not to the extent of the higher resolution p.

it ain't all that bad....
    You don't need to press the phone button and select dial pad. If you want to start dialing by number just do that. When you're at the home screen if you start typing with the # keys it will start lookin in your contacts for that letter, but also starts putting the # in the phone field.

Example, I want to call Palm tech support
    The # is 1-800-881-7256
    when I hit the 1(also e key) it puts a 1 in the phone field
    type 8 (also c key) it puts 8 in the phone field

So cross that off of the things you hate about the 700wx

There is no need to switch to the dial pad.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 09/30/2006 at 12:44 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    You don't need to press the phone button and select dial pad. If you want to start dialing by nymber just do that. When you're at the home screen if you start typing with the # keys it will start lookin in your contacts for that letter, but also starts putting the # in the phone field.

Example, I want to call Palm tech support
    The # is 1-800-881-7256
    when I hit the 1(also e key) it puts a 1 in the phone field
    type 8 (also c key) it puts 8 in the phone field

So cross that off of the things you hate about the 700wx

There is no need to switch to the dial pad.
    yeah...i know that...but the reason i want the dial pad is ....i can see the big numbers and easy to touch those numbers on the screen. the keyboard numbers are way too small. you know what sayin?
    I understand, but why smudge your screen when you don't have to??
    The keys aren't that small, we all use them every day to do things.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    I understand, but why smudge your screen when you don't have to??
    The keys aren't that small, we all use them every day to do things.
    lol...i just got the phone like 2 days ago...so i think the keyboard numbers are still pretty small for me... you should try 700p and u'll see how easy it is.

plus touch the screen to dial the phone number is way easier and pretty hottt
    Quote Originally Posted by aznspiki View Post
    lol...i just got the phone like 2 days ago...so i think the keyboard numbers are still pretty small for me... you should try 700p and u'll see how easy it is.

plus touch the screen to dial the phone number is way easier and pretty hottt
    Just map the phone dialer exe to the side button.... that's all you need to do to get one touch dialpad. Very easy...

Mute and Speaker Phone buttons on screen... well the 700W didn't have them at all.. so this is a step in the right direction. Try using the 5 way to move around that screen instead of your finger.
    I've had the 700p since May, the 700p and 700wx are very similar. I use both. Thanks for the tip Texas Dave, how do you map it to the side button. I don't see phone dialer under the options. Thanks.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 09/30/2006 at 02:31 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I've had the 700p since May, the 700p and 700wx are very similar. I use both. Thanks for the tip Texas Dave, how do you map it to the side button. I don't see phone dialer under the options. Thanks.
    You copy a shortcut to phonedailer.exe (located in the \windows) folder into the windows\start menu folder. It will then be able to be selected from the Buttons setup application.
    thanks
    Jimmie Geddes
    You should use the the right soft key to select mute or speaker phone. There is no need to touch the screen.

While on a call:

To select speaker phone:
    Right soft key, center key

To select mute:
    Right soft key, down, center key.
    As for the brightness of the 700WX's screen, well it's not a sure thing. Even with the 700P. I went through six 700P's before getting one that was good enough. Of the six 700Ps I went through 2 or 3 of them had pretty dim screens. The rest had nice and bright screens.

Seems to be the same with the 700WX. The first 700WX I got had a very orange-ish tint to the screen and it was kinda dark / not as bright as the last 700P I had. The 700WX I have now has a perfect screen. It's not dim at the middle of the brightness bar like my first 700WX was.

I don't know what the manufacturer is doing in their factory, but the QC on these Treos is horrible.
    it's been like this on all Palm's from PDA's to Smartphones. Every screen looks different, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you get one that's off a bit. My 700wx is on par with my 700p. The 240x240 does not bother me one bit.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    are you guys trying to tell me that i should try to return the phone and get a new one?
    it's up to you, but it's very widely known that Palm's screens vary in color even on the same exact model. I had a Treo 650 that had a blue tint, I returned it for a whiter display. It's up to you.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Screen is bright enough for me. I didn't change from factory setting and I have a screen protector on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznspiki View Post

those are the things that i hate about 700wx so far...
    So what are the things you like? Do they outweigh the things you hate? All treo owners should know both sides to a story.... It's good to vent though... how about talking about the good things the WX has to offer over the P? It may help calm your nerves...
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    mfrs do use screens from various vendors, which accounts for the variance.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olywogle View Post
    So what are the things you like? Do they outweigh the things you hate? All treo owners should know both sides to a story.... It's good to vent though... how about talking about the good things the WX has to offer over the P? It may help calm your nerves...

ok fine...

Things that i like about 700wx

1) you can make mp3 ring tones on 700wx.... 700p can't

2) you can install whatever program you want since it is WM5

3) The internet is slightly faster than the 700p

4) You can play Windows Media Player on the background while you are working or something else. (Multitasking)

i can't think anymore now i'll add more later ...
    240x240 just bugs me. I can't let it go.
    at&t iPhone3G