1.    #1  
    I've had the wx for about 24 hours now, coming from a 650 I obviously still have a lot to learn. Although everything seems complicated initially, once I've figured something out I've found that WM5 is every bit as intuitive, quick, and even one-handed as POS.

That said, there's something I can't figure out. When I start ActiveSync, it fires up powervision and does it's thing (perfectly I might add). However, after it syncs it leaves the powervision connection on, and all my calls go straight to voicemail. The only way around this I've found is to sync manually and turn povervision off myself. Obviously this isn't how it's intended to work. I was initially amazed at how cool it was to set activesync's schedule to "as items arrive", but i can't receive calls when it's set up this way. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or point me to a thread that already discusses this? I've searched but haven't found this item discussed yet. Thanks!
    I have EVDO connected 24/7 and I get my calls just fine. Do you happened to live in a 1x area? If I remember correctly, if you are connected to 1x, your calls will not go through and will bounce to voicemail. Not sure if there is a way around it.
  3.    #3  
    Damn I live in a 1x area, and what your saying makes perfect sence. I was so certain someone would tell me how to fix this, but it looks like i'm hosed. Oh well, it's exactly what I'm used to coming from versamail. I like everything else about this phone enough that it's not a deal killer. Thanks for your quick response!
  4.    #4  
    Now I'm really confused, because I think some calls do come through while I'm connected to powervision. I think I need a beer.
    It could be that you are in an 1x/EVDO fringe area.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsup1o View Post
    It could be that you are in an 1x/EVDO fringe area.
    Makes sence, I'm about 90 miles from St. Louis. Would the connection just pop back and forth between EVDO and 1x? After receiving several calls I realized power vision was on, and it said it was 1x when I turned it off. Hopefully (for me anyway) they'll finish rolling out EVDO before they throw all their resources into Rev A.
    The 1x and EVDO connection would switch back and forth depending on where your location is. This happened to me in the Boston area last yr. I guess they were still in the process of rolling it out. Luckily it was only a few weeks after I signed with Sprint that it was pretty much fully rolled out. You may also want to update your PRL to see if that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNov View Post
    Makes sence, I'm about 90 miles from St. Louis. Would the connection just pop back and forth between EVDO and 1x? After receiving several calls I realized power vision was on, and it said it was 1x when I turned it off. Hopefully (for me anyway) they'll finish rolling out EVDO before they throw all their resources into Rev A.
    Or, just hope they figure out CPOP like verizon did (look it up, very big development on their end) and you won't have any problems at all.

EVDO phones will be able to use Rev A signals, kinda like bluetooth 1.1 devices and bluetooth 2.0 headsets, backwards compatibility. Your phone's modem will recieve what it is capable of, <1.5MB/sec, from Rev A towers.
    Some more info since I was curious myself...

http://www.airvananet.com/technology...evdo_rev_a.htm