1.    #1  
    What i'm saying is, don't make the same mistake I did.

I picked up my 700wx, and of course I messed around with the included software. I had decided not to switch my plan over yet to include unlimited powervision, I was going to wait for the next billing cycle. I knew that if I did do anything data, the a la carte fee was $0.02/KB. I figured, if I went online, all I would do is check showtimes or something, it'd maybe cost me $5 altogether.

Getting back to the included software angle, I saw this program called, OnDemand - so I ran it. It comes up, says it needs to install .net 2.0 - which struck me as strange, since I figured any software that came with the phone would've been able to immediately run. So I tell it to go ahead and install .net 2.0, which I figured was already on the phone. THIS WAS NOT SO. What OnDemand didn't tell me is that it was downloading .net 2.0 from the internet. All ~6 megs of it.

At $0.02/KB, that works out to $20/MB. 5MB will cost you $100. And that's what showed up on my last bill, because Sprint "helpfully" caps a la carte data fees at $100 (Regardless of the fact that adding on unlimited power vision only costs $15/month).

After several emails back and forth with ecare, I explained how OnDemand basically ambushed me, and they credited me back the $100.

Let this be a lesson: Don't get the 700wx without immediately switching to a data plan.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    duh?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    duh?
    Couldn't have said it any better
    You got a refund and it was still a reasonable price. It could have been worse. (Think SprintTV w/o Vision and a month of use, combined with an unsympathetic CS rep). It's good to know Sprint caps data at $100. Some of the European posters claim Vodafone's bills go into the thousands (with no unlimited data plan option).
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  5.    #5  
    I'm not saying i'm ungrateful or angry about it, i'm glad the CSR was able to be sympathetic and help me out.

My tale merely serves as a precautionary warning to those new to the online 24/7 mindset.
    It says a lot for Sprint that they credited you the $100. Thanks for the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaijiaN View Post
    I'm not saying i'm ungrateful or angry about it, i'm glad the CSR was able to be sympathetic and help me out.

My tale merely serves as a precautionary warning to those new to the online 24/7 mindset.
    Understood. I was just pointing out that some in Europe have not been so lucky with larger balances.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.