1.    #1  
    First couple hours with my wx, so far i am liking what i see - but i get the feeling its going to take quite a bit of customization to get it where i need to be. anyway, my question is about PIE, i've searched everywhere and cant find an answer
    How do i get PIE to navigate with the 5 way exactly the way blazer does on the 'p' series? I have my view set to 'colum' and its killing my thumb having to hold down the down button to walk links all the way to the bottom of the page. I do alot of mobile browsing/ research so this is a deal breaker for me. Also - is there a way to jump to the address bar of a webpage?
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik View Post
    First couple hours with my wx, so far i am liking what i see - but i get the feeling its going to take quite a bit of customization to get it where i need to be. anyway, my question is about PIE, i've searched everywhere and cant find an answer
    How do i get PIE to navigate with the 5 way exactly the way blazer does on the 'p' series? I have my view set to 'colum' and its killing my thumb having to hold down the down button to walk links all the way to the bottom of the page. I do alot of mobile browsing/ research so this is a deal breaker for me. Also - is there a way to jump to the address bar of a webpage?
    Option + Left = Jumps to the top of the page

Option + Right = Jumps to the bottom of the page

Option + Up or Down = Page up/Page down (skips links!)

Option + Send (green key) = Jumps to Address Bar

Happy?

(Here's some more stuff)
    Last edited by Malatesta; 09/29/2006 at 12:10 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Thanks malta, but it only partially solves the problem. I prefer one handed navigation, so hitting "option +" anything is really redundant for something a pageup or page down browsing. Is it possible to re-map navigation keys by hacking the registry?

Also the option + green phone button does not work for me to jump to the address bar.
    Thanks malta, but it only partially solves the problem. I prefer one handed navigation, so hitting "option +" anything is really redundant for something a pageup or page down browsing. Is it possible to re-map navigation keys by hacking the registry?

Also the option + green phone button does not work for me to jump to the address bar.
    I would imagine you could do it via AE Button Plus as that has some advanced button mapping features alternatively you might want to consider getting a plugin like MultiIE or PIE+, both of which that add Tabbed browsing and much better control over scrolling, etc. It could address this issue as greatly enhance your browing experience.

I've heard others say the Option + Green doesn't work and I'm not sure why that is as I tested it myself before I posted.

Pressing the space bar will page down one page at a time just like desktop IE....for paging up it's a bit more of a pain though.
  6.    #6  
    Thats wierd, pressing the space bar selects the active link for me. i'm looking into AE buttons right now. Thanks guys
    New Treo feature set from Palm. Totally random user configurations! We ship each and every Treo with a slightly different option set so as to give your Treo "character"! Enjoy hours of learning just what makes your Treo special and different from everyone elses! Brought to you by your friends at Palm.
  8.    #8  
    hey, maybe they had so many ideas that they decided to try em all out at once.
    but seriously, I can't find an answer for my original question. I have decided to keep my treo 700wx, but this is the one thing left that's irking me, so if anyone hs any ideas, let me know. or maybe i'll just get used to it. heh
    hey, maybe they had so many ideas that they decided to try em all out at once.
    but seriously, I can't find an answer for my original question. I have decided to keep my treo 700wx, but this is the one thing left that's irking me, so if anyone hs any ideas, let me know. or maybe i'll just get used to it. heh
    did you try MultiIE or PIE+?

# Scroll by line or page with Jog-Dial
    # Custom settings for the scrolling amount

10.    #10  
    got pie plus the scroll "by page" feature allows me to do just that. however, I cannot walk or select links while in this mode. I have to switch to "scroll by link," which is another 2 or 3 clicks away. I guess I will get in touch with the developer, I know it can be done, it appears no one has ever bothered.