1.    #1  
    Currently I POP my work emails and use Yahoo GO to get my Yahoo emails. I have seen a lot of threads on Smartphone - went thru' it with as fine tooth comb as I could - but could not get an answer to this question. Sorry if I missed it. Here's the question - if I use 4smartphone, I believe it can push my emails after retrieving it from my work and yahoo plus accounts. However, when I send an email - how does it show at the other end? Does it show with my Yahoo or work address - or does it show with my 4smartphone address? Same with mail2web.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by photojunky View Post
    Currently I POP my work emails and use Yahoo GO to get my Yahoo emails. I have seen a lot of threads on Smartphone - went thru' it with as fine tooth comb as I could - but could not get an answer to this question. Sorry if I missed it. Here's the question - if I use 4smartphone, I believe it can push my emails after retrieving it from my work and yahoo plus accounts. However, when I send an email - how does it show at the other end? Does it show with my Yahoo or work address - or does it show with my 4smartphone address? Same with mail2web.

Thanks
    It doesn't use the 4smartphone address. Your address that shows is what you pick it to be during the setup process. I used my Gmail address and that's what everyone sees when I email them from my treo or any outlook connected to an exchange server. The best thing I like about it is that I have 2 years worth of email on my phone.

It's called "PUSH" but it seems to me that my phone does quite a bit of syncing which eats up my battery life.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks

followup question - how does this differ with the Verizon Wireless Sync - with the option where you don't have to leave your PC on - but the Verizon server POPs your emails. That is a free service. Trying to figure which would suit my needs - thanks.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by photojunky View Post
    Thanks

followup question - how does this differ with the Verizon Wireless Sync - with the option where you don't have to leave your PC on - but the Verizon server POPs your emails. That is a free service. Trying to figure which would suit my needs - thanks.
    I think VZW Sync DOES require your PC to be on all the time, correct?
    That is correct. Wirelesssync requires a PC running and it pushes mail/PIM down to your device. Exchange Servers are the way to go. I use 4smartphone as well. Works very well.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    to get your sent item folder on your treo to sync with your pc sent folder... whit 4smartphone...

go to you outlook folder that shows all your emails on your treo, select menu/options/manage folders and select the sent folder. I also have a folder named "saved" on my pc outlook. this folder shows up as an option on my treo and I have selected it to sync as well. you can sync junkmail and any folder you want in this menu spot. hope this helps.

cody
  7.    #7  
    That works -thanks all