Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. tcs
    http://www.palm.com/sg/products/smartphones/treo750v/

Should be unlocked phone. but 1268SGD is too expensive!
    That's roughly $800 USD. Any takers
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3. tcs
    outragous isn't it? i would rather go for dopod 838pro. let's wait for news from carrier-M1.
    This is a verified unlocked? And that Vodafone exclusive really did apply only to Europe?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5. tcs
    no idea as i cant find more infor yet. Try to call few shops listed in the where to buy list but none of them got stock yet. Got to wait untill tmr for launching i think.
    that is ridiculously high, i'd rather sacrifice the 'all in one' keyboard and get a Tytn. Tytn is cheaper and the specs are better

stupid palm. no one will pay that kind of $ for a 240x240 screen
    How much is the TyTN unlocked? I saw it for around $800 too. Where can it be bought cheaper?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    How much is the TyTN unlocked? I saw it for around $800 too. Where can it be bought cheaper?
    I'm in the UK, but there are lots on eBay. If you include 'clones' such as the O2 XDA trion / T-Mobile MDA Vario II / Vodafone 1650 VPA Compact III / Orange SPV M3100 / Dopod CHT 9000 / Dopod 838 Pro / hTc Z / Qtek 9600 / iMate JasJam / Cingular 8525 there are lots to choose from! They can be unlocked (if not already) for $30.
    Call me crazy but I'm actually seriously considering getting this phone. The tytn is nice, but I'm not keen on the slide out keyboard and it's also a little thick for my taste.

I'm currently in HK on business and will be traveling to Singapore in a couple of weeks, so I would appreciate any updates anyone may have for this phone for both HK and Singapore! Thanks!
    I'm interested in the 750 also. I'd like to know of any source that will let you order one from the U.S.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foodcoma View Post
    The tytn is nice, but I'm not keen on the slide out keyboard and it's also a little thick for my taste.
    Thick eh?

Treo 750v 111mm x 58mm x 22mm
    HTC TyTN 112.5mm 58mm x 21.95mm

I think you'll find nearly all smartphones are this size anyway - it's become something of a standard.
    Pricing is kinda a push between the two. Mad Monkey Boy has the TyTN at $719. The 700wx from palm.com (without a contract) is $619-$649. You gotta figure that the unlocked 750 comes in somewhere in the mid-$600's direct from Palm.

Features (wifi/no wifi), usability (famed Palm one-handed use tweaks to WM vs. no HTC tweaks), form factor (keyboard slides or not?) are all personal preferences.

I wouldn't let $100 price differentials make or break the decision.

Shortly a co-worker will have a TyTN. I'm going to see what it's like. But I am heavily biased in favor of the 750 given the gushing love shown to the 700wx by most of the people here at TC who have purchased it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Thick eh?

Treo 750v 111mm x 58mm x 22mm
    HTC TyTN 112.5mm 58mm x 21.95mm

I think you'll find nearly all smartphones are this size anyway - it's become something of a standard.
    I expect the 750v actually is a fair bit smaller (in volume terms) and will feel smaller in the hand because it's much more rounded than the TyTN (which is a straight up and down boxy affair). The 750v is also a fair bit lighter: 154 g vs 176 g.

Here's some comparison pics:

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3372
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    One overlooked aspect of the TyTN (and clones) is the jog wheel, which can make navigation through menus a lot easier. The irony is that Handspring pioneered the jog wheel on the early Treos and then dropped it on the 600!

Here in the UK there are lots of unlocked ex-carrier TyTN clones going for less than $700. Hopefully mine arrives tomorrow! If I'm disappointed I can always go for a (no WiFi) Treo 750 later.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    I expect the 750v actually is a fair bit smaller (in volume terms) and will feel smaller in the hand because it's much more rounded than the TyTN (which is a straight up and down boxy affair). The 750v is also a fair bit lighter: 154 g vs 176 g.

Here's some comparison pics:

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3372
    If you look at the XDA Trion picture (third row down) which is a HERM100 version of the TyTN, you will see that it is more rounded than a Treo 750!

EDIT: Yeah, actually I see what you mean now! Also, that HTC Excalibur looks nice!
    If you look at the XDA Trion picture (third row down) which is a HERM100 version of the TyTN, you will see that it is more rounded than a Treo 750!

EDIT: Yeah, actually I see what you mean now!
    But if you're happy with a slide-out keyboard, the slight increase in size is a small price to pay for the extras you get with the TyTN - faster processor, bigger screen, higher res screen, Wifi, higher res camera, second camera, BT 2, etc. Pretty sweet!
    Also, that HTC Excalibur looks nice!
    ... but it's WM5 Smartphone so no touch screen, no out-of-the-box Office file editing, limited software library (last time I looked users were complaining that there was no ebook reader!), etc
    http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060928/20060928005254.html?.v=1

More news about the Treo 750's release in Singapore
    do they have unlocked version? sorry i can't access the site due to this darn spyware i'm coping with...
    i think is unlocked phone. I think we still able to use minisd wifi card, so it is not too bad. Good for those who use wifi occasionally.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast