Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I fervently hope that you're both (ms8 and tcs) right
  2. ms8
    Another comment: with 3G and push mail enabled, the battery just about died by 4.00pm today. Had to charge it for about 40 mins to get it to last til bedtime... this is not good. Hope the delivery models do better....
    Quote Originally Posted by ms8 View Post
    Another comment: with 3G and push mail enabled, the battery just about died by 4.00pm today. Had to charge it for about 40 mins to get it to last til bedtime... this is not good. Hope the delivery models do better....

Hmmm, that's not too good considering that the 750v lacks WiFi. What's the capacity of the battery that you have?
    The 750v comes with a 1200mah battery, smaller than the standard battery that comes with other Treos. The 650, 700p, 700wx come with 1800mah batteries.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I hear with the cpu it is now using it should be kinda equal to the 700 and 650 in terms of battery.
    This was always the concern with making a slimmer device, you also have a "slimmer" battery.
    Jimmie Geddes
  7. ms8
    I could go about 60+ hours with my 650... The battery on this is 1200 vs 1800maH.
    What most GSM users don't appreciate is that when on a 3G network, a UMTS phone uses power similar to a CDMA phone (even for voice). So using the 750v on a 3G network will use more power than using it on a GSM only network. The smaller battery also doesn't help.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I have a question because I don't know. If it drains the battery so much, what are the main reasons to leave your 3G on all day? I knew someone who said he needed to get stock quotes all day(he was on EVDO though). And I assume you get your email if you're never at your desk. But it really has to be on all day? Your info cannot be delivered if you turn the 3G on hourly or something like that?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    In theory 3G delivers better voice (like CDMA) and of course faster data. UMTS allows simultaneous voice and data and that's why the voice must be on UMTS not on older GSM voice signals. Battery drain (at least by my understanding) is like CDMA in that if you are in a low signal area it drains the battery faster since the phone works harder maintaining a good quality connection. In higher signal areas the drain is less. Look at any of the phones with 3G on the manufacters sites and you will see they give two talk times, one for GSM and one for UMTS. The differences are really dramatic.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  11. ms8
    The voice quality is better on the 750. Turning the 3G on and off to pick up mail, sort of defeats the purpose of getting the 750 which allows push mail.
    Ok, thanks!

So I don't necessarily need to leave the phone on 3G all day since I'm at my laptop a lot? Unless I want better call quality?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  13. ms8
    I guess it depends how you use your phone as an email device. For me, its a mirror of my inbox for the last 2 weeks as well as syncing my calandar and contacts with the office server... so I basically keep it on the whole time.

BTW, latest news.... stocks arrive 14 Oct in Singapore.
    I guess it depends how you use your phone as an email device. For me, its a mirror of my inbox for the last 2 weeks as well as syncing my calandar and contacts with the office server... so I basically keep it on the whole time.

BTW, latest news.... stocks arrive 14 Oct in Singapore.
    Does that mean that the treo 750 would only be available for purchase at M1 on 10/14, or would other cell phone retailers carry them as well?
  15. ms8
    Think its only through M1/affiliated resellers.. go have a look on the Palm Singapore website.. there is a list of shops that will be selling it... The store I usually frequent is quoting under S$1200...
    Think its only through M1/affiliated resellers.. go have a look on the Palm Singapore website.. there is a list of shops that will be selling it... The store I usually frequent is quoting under S$1200...
    Would you be able to share with us which store you frequent?
  17. tcs
    Huh? is available alredi? which shop?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Ok, thanks!

So I don't necessarily need to leave the phone on 3G all day since I'm at my laptop a lot? Unless I want better call quality?
    I can see it clearly from the way you post in this forum.

You post comments like a msn messenger chat
  19. ms8
    tcs: not available yet, but they are quoting a price.. Try Myers in orchard towers. tel: 67327210
  20. tcs
    tcs: not available yet, but they are quoting a price.. Try Myers in orchard towers. tel: 67327210
    ok man. Will try to contact them then. Hopefully there will be promotion from M1 as well

Ms8, do u able to get the minisd wifi card? is it working on treo 750v?

PS: Just called Myers. They quoted me $1230(with GST) and stock arrives end of month.
    Last edited by tcs; 10/05/2006 at 09:21 PM.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast