Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 100
  1. rockky's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    #21  
    hey
    I got the tytn to kind of tie me over til the 750 or 680..knowing adjusting to windows and sliding keyboard would be a pain.
    But for the same reasons mentioned above...I really don't know if I want to go back.
    One handed operations are more possible than I'd thought....but the 3G speed of this thing is not something I'd go back on.......the larger screen is great...and wifi is useful at times for sure.
    I don't know people.....it'l be real interesting to see how Treo fares in the GSM market.
  2. #22  
    The TyTN is loaded! Dual Europe/US 3G plus tons of other features. The Treo can't truly compete except for form factor and maybe price. I found the TyTN online for around $700 now.

    How's the call quality through Cingular or T-moble on the unlocked TyTN? Anyone know?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. rockky's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    #23  
    Hey I think we know each other!
    Looks like that E61's doin the trick!
    Got the Tytn ... the scroll wheel, speed dialing/call history access and accurate voice dialing have been the saving grace in onehanded operation.
    Had one dropped call in 2 weeks.... incoming volume is weak. I'm trying to find a volumecare alternative.
    That cool Chicago weather's rollin in huh?
  4. #24  
    None of the carriers in Singapore (Singtel, M1, Starhub) lock their phones. I use my family's Treos, Nokias, Sony Ericssons, Samsungs with my T-Mobile SIM when I visit and its always worked.

    And SGD$1200 was the price of a Treo 650 for the longest time (until about 6mths ago) so I'm not surprised the 750v is going for that amount.
  5. #25  
    The TyTN may be loaded with features but I didn't find it very enjoyable. I disliked the form factor and found myself sliding the keyboard and switching it around all the time. The display truly sucks outdoors, you can't see it in sunlight at all. The call quality was OK but nothing great. The Treo was at least as good, I think the 700 call quality was better. I tried a Nokia E61 and I would say the Nokia call quality was definitely much better than the TyTN.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The TyTN is loaded! Dual Europe/US 3G plus tons of other features. The Treo can't truly compete except for form factor and maybe price. I found the TyTN online for around $700 now.

    How's the call quality through Cingular or T-moble on the unlocked TyTN? Anyone know?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  6. #26  
    Does anyone have any news as to when in Oct the Treo 750 may be available for purchase in Singapore?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    The TyTN may be loaded with features but I didn't find it very enjoyable. I disliked the form factor and found myself sliding the keyboard and switching it around all the time. The display truly sucks outdoors, you can't see it in sunlight at all. The call quality was OK but nothing great. The Treo was at least as good, I think the 700 call quality was better. I tried a Nokia E61 and I would say the Nokia call quality was definitely much better than the TyTN.

    Thanks for call quality info. Well looks like I may be sticking with Nokia phones. I need clear calls first and foremost. Waiting for the N73 or N75 to be come available in the Nokia store.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    None of the carriers in Singapore (Singtel, M1, Starhub) lock their phones. I use my family's Treos, Nokias, Sony Ericssons, Samsungs with my T-Mobile SIM when I visit and its always worked.

    And SGD$1200 was the price of a Treo 650 for the longest time (until about 6mths ago) so I'm not surprised the 750v is going for that amount.
    Looks like the Singapore carriers have the right idea!! Unlocked is the way to go!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Thanks for call quality info. Well looks like I may be sticking with Nokia phones. I need clear calls first and foremost. Waiting for the N73 or N75 to be come available in the Nokia store.
    Isn't there going to be a music edition of the N75 coming out?

    And if the 750V is out in Singapore could someone who has one upload the threaded SMS system please?
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    I'm in the UK, but there are lots on eBay. If you include 'clones' such as the O2 XDA trion / T-Mobile MDA Vario II / Vodafone 1650 VPA Compact III / Orange SPV M3100 / Dopod CHT 9000 / Dopod 838 Pro / hTc Z / Qtek 9600 / iMate JasJam / Cingular 8525 there are lots to choose from! They can be unlocked (if not already) for $30.
    Being able to wirte down every variation (I am sure there are a few more) of Tytn in one go, you have my respect.
  11. tcs
    tcs is offline
    tcs's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
       #31  
    My source tells me that it will be within this week but others said mi-oct. Since uk stock is available by 2nd oct, i dun think they will release it more than 2 weeks in SG.

    I strongly agreed with the point that treo's miniKB is much useful and user-oriented!

    1200SGD is outragous price for such specs!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcs View Post
    My source tells me that it will be within this week but others said mi-oct. Since uk stock is available by 2nd oct, i dun think they will release it more than 2 weeks in SG.

    I strongly agreed with the point that treo's miniKB is much useful and user-oriented!

    1200SGD is outragous price for such specs!

    Please do keep us posted as and when the phone does become commercially available in Singapore Certainly agree with you on the price but I think I'll be one of the "suckers" who will get it shortly after its release
  13. tcs
    tcs is offline
    tcs's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
       #33  
    hahha..i may just be one of the insane guy as well :P Waiting for full review from treocentral here by next week!
  14. ms8
    ms8 is offline
    ms8's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    #34  
    I hear it will be available in the middle of this week. I've played with a demo version and I was able to set it up in about 30 mins without a manual. Some of the features give a pretty similar user experience to the PalmOS 650 that I have .

    I have never used a WM5 device before, being a POS user since the Pilot days, so the only thing that needs getting used to is the lack of one key access to calendar, messaging etc... but I suppose you can program the buttons....

    SMS is really quick. Still playing around with the Activesync, but so far it has connected and synced with my Exchange without any problems.

    MS
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by ms8 View Post
    I hear it will be available in the middle of this week. I've played with a demo version and I was able to set it up in about 30 mins without a manual. Some of the features give a pretty similar user experience to the PalmOS 650 that I have .

    I have never used a WM5 device before, being a POS user since the Pilot days, so the only thing that needs getting used to is the lack of one key access to calendar, messaging etc... but I suppose you can program the buttons....

    SMS is really quick. Still playing around with the Activesync, but so far it has connected and synced with my Exchange without any problems.

    MS
    Thanks for the quick review. Where did you play with the demo set?
  16. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by ms8 View Post
    I hear it will be available in the middle of this week. I've played with a demo version and I was able to set it up in about 30 mins without a manual. Some of the features give a pretty similar user experience to the PalmOS 650 that I have .

    I have never used a WM5 device before, being a POS user since the Pilot days, so the only thing that needs getting used to is the lack of one key access to calendar, messaging etc... but I suppose you can program the buttons....

    SMS is really quick. Still playing around with the Activesync, but so far it has connected and synced with my Exchange without any problems.

    MS
    Would you be so kind to post a Rom image?

    You can do so by down loading SPB Backup http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/?en

    and then posting the back up file here.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  17. tcs
    tcs is offline
    tcs's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
       #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by ms8 View Post
    I hear it will be available in the middle of this week. I've played with a demo version and I was able to set it up in about 30 mins without a manual. Some of the features give a pretty similar user experience to the PalmOS 650 that I have .

    I have never used a WM5 device before, being a POS user since the Pilot days, so the only thing that needs getting used to is the lack of one key access to calendar, messaging etc... but I suppose you can program the buttons....

    SMS is really quick. Still playing around with the Activesync, but so far it has connected and synced with my Exchange without any problems.

    MS
    I am pretty sure that you can customize the buttons. SMS is quicker than treo 650? cant be lar..except there is buitl-in T9 input method as well

    Yeh, so u also hear that this week we can get it right? i think after the official launching at Vodaphone EU today, they will release the stocks.
  18. ms8
    ms8 is offline
    ms8's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    #38  
    I'll post the ROM when I get my set later this week.

    Typing SMS is same (finger dependent) but there is very little lag when sending.

    I used my Singtel SIM in the unit and it seems to work fine... needed to set the access points up manually. there did not seem to be any carrier profiles or auto setup.

    Maybe it will be ok with the official sets...
  19. ms8
    ms8 is offline
    ms8's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    #39  
    Bugger, Activesync does not take care of the memos (WHY?)....Looks like BB has them beat on this one....
  20. tcs
    tcs is offline
    tcs's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
       #40  
    I think u r going good news for those who is looking for unlocked treo 750v coz u said can use singtel simcard.

    Will there be any promotion events?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions