Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    There's really no size difference between the two - in fact, save for the absence of an antenna, they're virtually identical in footprint.

Bummer.

See attached specs...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reconstrukt View Post
    There's really no size difference between the two - in fact, save for the absence of an antenna, they're virtually identical in footprint.

Bummer.

See attached specs...
    Progress not perfection. They're headed in the right direction.
    When one speaks of smaller, do you mean width or height? The device's height at this point makes it a deice that does fit the palm and makes it easy to use, even for the big finger users. I would like a bit thinner. If you are speaking of height, what would you do to reduce it?

Ben
    Uh...dude...you're doing a bit of complaining but every text blurb you put in your diagram has the 750v as smaller in dimension. Granted, the numbers may not be much, but the 750v has been acclaimed as a sleeker device than the previous gen Treos.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    All right, lets try this, lets see how much is it really smaller, using its volume. If you calculate both devices volumes, you would see that 750 is exactly 7.63331% smaller than 650. And if you count the volume for the antenna, you would get 9.6% reduction in the size. Well, I wouldn't call that "virtually identical".
    Last edited by ash1348; 09/27/2006 at 01:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    its definitely Thinner, i had it in hand next to a 700w

also MUCH lighter
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Palm never said it would be smaller Sleeker maybe, but then that's open to interpretation
    It may be almost the same height and width, but it has the illusion of being smaller due to rounded off edges. If it really is thinner, that's great! But the height and width of the 650 wasn't that big of a deal to me, so I could probably live with the 750 IF I decide to get it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepik View Post
    its definitely Thinner, i had it in hand next to a 700w

also MUCH lighter
    which one was it? The Vodaphone one? Or Cingular?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub View Post
    which one was it? The Vodaphone one? Or Cingular?
    it was a Palm One, thats all i can disclose sorry i have an NDR with Palm
    well, for me its better to have the 750. why? because the sim card is underneath the battery. so there goes the shutting down of your phone issues... meaning to say palm seams have figured it out on how to solve one of their major telephony issues.

i'm still researching if it is going to be launched for what carrier...
    i think its ...
    Quote Originally Posted by benn_monyo View Post
    well, for me its better to have the 750. why? because the sim card is underneath the battery. so there goes the shutting down of your phone issues... meaning to say palm seams have figured it out on how to solve one of their major telephony issues.

i'm still researching if it is going to be launched for what carrier...
    i think its ...
    Until you get your 750, you can put a small piece of paper in your sim tray under the sim card. When I had a GSM 650, I cut a piece of a post-it note off and put it under my SIM card. This kept is snug in place and prevented the disconnects I previously had due to a loose sim.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    not only that, it seems they've avoided the broken antenna issue as well. hehehe...
    Was that broken antenna thing really an issue? What are you guys doing to break your antennas? I've always carried my Treos in horizontal pouches clipped to my belt and have never experienced any antenna breakage.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Come on people.

They can get thinner than this. Take the Q, for example... or even the BB Pearl - both much thinner/sleeker. 1 MM is a joke... Removing the antenna is cool - but it doesn't take much to remove 1 MM (all you need is .5 MM on either side to make it 1 MM thinner - this can be done by simply thinning out the plastic/aluminum casing.)

You want your 650 to be the size of the 750? Here's what to do: Put your 650 in your hand, now squeeeeze... Voila! Enjoy
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Oh - and even tho I'm complaining, I find the 650 fits nicely into the coin pocket in all my pants. So whatever...

And I agree with IsLNdbOi -- how's everyone breaking off all their antennas? never happened after 2 1/2 years with 600/650...
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reconstrukt View Post
    Take the Q, for example... or even the BB Pearl - both much thinner/sleeker.
    Neither of which has a touch screen or a 3G radio.
    reckles people, i guess. don't know how they handle their treos but my cousin broke his antenna months ago.

sometimes the screw that hold the antenna fell off. & guess what, before, palm don't do warranty fulfilment on that screw issues.