Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    is anyone using pdanet on there wx yet? have you seen any charges on your bill? anyone know of a hack in the works for disableing the NAI (or whatever its called)

I miss being able to teather and don't need it bad enough to pay $40 month. I would pay $40 for pdanet if I knew forsure I would be charged anything extra. pdanet doesn't guarantee any additional charges.

does anyone know of anyone working on a hack to disable the NAI. this was done on the 700p a week after it was releast. I don't know how hard this is or even if it is possible. just wondering.

thanks, cody
    Myself and my friends both use PDANET for for the 700w and I've never ever had a problem from Verizon. I have a sling box, and while I was in Daytona Beach, my wife I watched the slingbox on the laptop while teathered to the phone and acessing my DVR cable box at home....no problems at all.

Does the 700xw do something to not allow teathering?
    I've been using it and haven't had any issues with my bill. Did you go hog wild or something?
  4.    #4  
    no, I havent used it yet.
    I've been using PDANET with my treo 700wx since the beginning of September...so far I'm in the clear!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    I've been using PDANET with my treo 700wx since the beginning of September...so far I'm in the clear!
    have you gotten a bill yet. i'm not asking if you have gotten any extra charges cause you just said your in the clear. i'm asking have you recieved a bill since you started using pdanet?
    Yes and no charges.
  8.    #8  
    ok, just download and installed. very easy. running trial semi hard for 7 days. will post back in a week.
    I just checked my account online and there are no additional charges so far. My sept charges will close at the beginning of oct so I'll know then, but so far there are no additional charges.

I had the 700p with the tether hack and was doing about 30-40MB per day 5 days a week. Somedays it would be 75MB!!! No charges.

With the 700wx I have it connected 5 days a week as well and I really haven't checked on how much data I've been transferring. Probaby close to the same. Speed seems good.

Glad you jumped in a are starting using it. Just like their program for the 600, I haven't really had any problems. I do like the automatic connect feature when the phone is connect to the computer. Saves me from having to connect whenever I get disconnected for whatever reason--mainly because i knock the cable and it disconnects me..not the fault of pdanet.
  10.    #10  
    with the other two phones i had this year i avarage around 400-500 mb per month. it that two much? gregc just blew me out of the water. i just dont want to throw up any red flags.
    With slingboxes and orb available on these phones no. If you start torrenting games and such you will get the letter for sure though. I don't think anyone knows really what the offical cut off is for over useage. Normal useage though shouldn't be a problem.
    I don't think that the 700wx uses a separate NAI, just like the 6700 didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man View Post
    I don't think that the 700wx uses a separate NAI, just like the 6700 didn't.
    How can one be sure of that?
    I keep getting "network connection lost" and have to reconnect every two minutes. What gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    With slingboxes and orb available on these phones no. If you start torrenting games and such you will get the letter for sure though. I don't think anyone knows really what the offical cut off is for over useage. Normal useage though shouldn't be a problem.
    I think the "unofficial" data limit for Verizon is 5gb per month. I consistently use about 1gb and have had no problems. I'm not sure what the limit for Sprint is...
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    I just picked up another 700w for the office (got a swingin' deal on a stupid employee discount) and need to get another one (700w, not a swingin' deal, but that would be nice too). So, I happen to have their latest product and services book. It states, in reference to the Unlimited BroadbnadAccess and NationalAccess plans, "Unlimited access for internet browsing, email and intranet access. If more than 5 GB/line/month are used, we presume use is for non-permitted purposes and we will terminate service."

I am wondering how it will work out as I just discovered PDANet last week and installed it on that 700w as a trial before rolling it out to my other 700w users.

Also, while at Verizon, they mentioned that while the 700w is not currently enabled for tethering, they were planning to roll out that change soon.

Michael
    just wandering if all is still going well with pdanet. or if there are other hacks out there
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunoTCA View Post
    I am wondering how it will work out as I just discovered PDANet last week and installed it on that 700w as a trial before rolling it out to my other 700w users.
    You're not actually gonna "roll-out" a program specifically to pirate VZW services in a corporate environment, are you?

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I miss being able to teather and don't need it bad enough to pay $40 month.
    It's $60/mo, if you're talking VZW.

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    It's $60/mo, if you're talking VZW.

-Frank
    the lady that activated my supplied treo 700w 9days ago at VZW authorized agent said it would only be $15/month extra to teather. But yet again, when I brought the phone in to be activated she looked at it as if it was an alien. That small store doesn't even carry Palms. and she was constantly calling somebody and asking questions. This is my first smart phone but all the regular phones, I was in and out within 15-20mins. With my treo, it took an hour and 45minutes. She said there was nothing wrong with the phone, it was just trying to find the package I was wanting. $79.95 package. 450mins with unlimted internet access.

Now to find someone that has the patience to answer a small town hillbilly's questions about his new toy. I'm searching and searching on the site but don't find anything except, "cool, now how do I do that." read the FAQs and still lost. guess thats what I get for buying off of ebay. I got the phone, chargers, a vzw book, getting started cd and thats it.

I mainly got the phone due to "windows" and the internet. In my neck of the woods, the fastest internet is the dish kind that runs 99/month plus 400 to get installed. For some crazy reason I have EV here with the phone but no dsl, or broadband cable service.

Anyone out there that wants to help? feel free to pm me.

Mike
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast