Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PachiSupplies View Post
    the lady that activated my supplied treo 700w 9days ago at VZW authorized agent said it would only be $15/month extra to teather. But yet again, when I brought the phone in to be activated she looked at it as if it was an alien. That small store doesn't even carry Palms. and she was constantly calling somebody and asking questions. This is my first smart phone but all the regular phones, I was in and out within 15-20mins. With my treo, it took an hour and 45minutes. She said there was nothing wrong with the phone, it was just trying to find the package I was wanting. $79.95 package. 450mins with unlimted internet access.

Now to find someone that has the patience to answer a small town hillbilly's questions about his new toy. I'm searching and searching on the site but don't find anything except, "cool, now how do I do that." read the FAQs and still lost. guess thats what I get for buying off of ebay. I got the phone, chargers, a vzw book, getting started cd and thats it.

I mainly got the phone due to "windows" and the internet. In my neck of the woods, the fastest internet is the dish kind that runs 99/month plus 400 to get installed. For some crazy reason I have EV here with the phone but no dsl, or broadband cable service.

Anyone out there that wants to help? feel free to pm me.

Mike
    What are you needing?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    the lady that activated my supplied treo 700w 9days ago at VZW authorized agent said it would only be $15/month extra to teather. But yet again, when I brought the phone in to be activated she looked at it as if it was an alien. That small store doesn't even carry Palms. and she was constantly calling somebody and asking questions. This is my first smart phone but all the regular phones, I was in and out within 15-20mins. With my treo, it took an hour and 45minutes. She said there was nothing wrong with the phone, it was just trying to find the package I was wanting. $79.95 package. 450mins with unlimted internet access.
    Yes... the standard data package is $45/mo for unlimited data plus an additional $15/mo for tethering (if desired), hence my reference to $60/mo. This is in addition to whatever you pay for your voice plan. You cannot buy the tethering feature alone. It has to be added to an existing data plan of some sort.

The $79/mo package you're speaking of is a relatively new voice/data combination package. It does include unlimited data (not tethering). But think about it... basically it is just a $39/mo 400min plan with a $40/mo data package added on ($5/mo discount from the standard data plan). Still, you'd have to add $15/mo more to tether. In your case, you could get it all for $95/mo.

-Frank
    I know this is an old thread but looking for advice with Sprint . How is it going guys with pdanet and charges. I just got off the phone with a guy who was recommend this program pdanet to theather off his 700wx for 15 dollar internet plan. He has run it 2 months without charges and his other buddy for 2 years without extra charges. He stated the key is to use what you need and turn it off. Don't run the program to your laptop as a home internet connect 24/7.
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I'm on VZW, but I've been running PDA Net for a couple of years now. The advice you got is good. Don't use it as your 24/7 connection, but otherwise, you'll be fine. I usually tether all weekend when I'm away from home. I've never had a problem (VZW, word is, has a 5 gig cutoff....I've never gone over a single gig).
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    I'm on VZW, but I've been running PDA Net for a couple of years now. The advice you got is good. Don't use it as your 24/7 connection, but otherwise, you'll be fine. I usually tether all weekend when I'm away from home. I've never had a problem (VZW, word is, has a 5 gig cutoff....I've never gone over a single gig).
    thanks for the update. I will look into this more. IT looks like from there site you can use it on the centro and other pdas.
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    PDANet works great except that it blue screens my Vista laptop if the laptop is running off of battery power. I have had it crash on me for over 2 months already and I just discovered that it works flawlessly if my laptop is connected to the AC.

Is there a reason that my laptop blue screens when PDANet is connected when its running on battery and works fine when running with AC Adapter connected?
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    PDANet works great except that it blue screens my Vista laptop if the laptop is running off of battery power. I have had it crash on me for over 2 months already and I just discovered that it works flawlessly if my laptop is connected to the AC.

Is there a reason that my laptop blue screens when PDANet is connected when its running on battery and works fine when running with AC Adapter connected?
    That's strange... I've been using PDANet with my Mac over Bluetooth both on battery or AC and have had no issues other than the fact that I cannot get it to connect via USB... the battery power issue is weird.
    I connect via USB, if that makes a difference.
    just wandering if all is still going well with pdanet. or if there are other hacks out there
    I dont know of another way. With the 750 I could just use an xda ROM but no one is writing roms for the w/wx so I gues pdanet is the only way to go. It often the hacks that were available for other devices only worked intermittently anyway. Pdanet on the wx for me works without fail.
    I am new to this site, so hello to you all out there. I have been looking at some of the forums and come across lots of helpfull info, but not what I was originally looking for. I recieved this phone (Treo 700wx) through my work and would like access to the internet on my laptop while I am on the road. I would have my company pay for the option to tether, but they won't spring for it. Is there any other way to get this option on my phone. I guess what I'm asking is how do I unlock my phone for tethering? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by lukasj13 View Post
    I am new to this site, so hello to you all out there. I have been looking at some of the forums and come across lots of helpfull info, but not what I was originally looking for. I recieved this phone (Treo 700wx) through my work and would like access to the internet on my laptop while I am on the road. I would have my company pay for the option to tether, but they won't spring for it. Is there any other way to get this option on my phone. I guess what I'm asking is how do I unlock my phone for tethering? Thanks in advance for any help.
    You'll have to buy PDAnet
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    You'll have to buy PDAnet
    Yup. It's a lousy $20 bucks or so and well worth it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12