Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    That looks like it will be about $800-$900 unlocked. It's nice though. I already went overboard looking at $600 unlocked phones.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    i think once the madness ends on the intro of this unit you may be able to get it for 500-600 though
    Last edited by Thunder God; 09/26/2006 at 11:59 PM. Reason: spelling
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    The O2 Atom is still highly priced and it's now old.
    Although it was available under other names for a bit cheaper, but not by much.

The KJam also didn't go down too much in price, but then it also had cheaper models under other names.

If this phone gets that type of popularity, the price will remain high.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The O2 Atom is still highly priced and it's now old.
    Although it was available under other names for a bit cheaper, but not by much.

The KJam also didn't go down too much in price, but then it also had cheaper models under other names.

If this phone gets that type of popularity, the price will remain high.
    true, hopefully we will able to buy it under other brand names like qtek or cingular. but the specs are pretty good on this phone. it seems to be a tytn without the keyboard
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    On screen keyboard? Where's the stylus? I didn't see the slot for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    On screen keyboard? Where's the stylus? I didn't see the slot for it.
    Bottom right. Here's a review:

http://www.solopalmari.com/content/view/2218/38/

If you can live without a keyboard it's a fantastic device IMHO. I've been debating getting this or the 750v. Here's my comparison.

Both quad-band GSM, EDGE, tri-band UMTS, 'HSDPA ready' devices, with 128 MB ROM, 64 MB RAM and mini-SD expansion slots. Main differences:

P3600 pros

Bigger screen (2.8" vs 2.2").
    Higher resolution screen (320x240 vs 240x240).
    Wifi.
    Bluetooth 2.0 (750v is 1.2; 2.0 is faster and uses less power than 1.2).
    400 MHz processor (750v has 300 MHz version of same processor - Samsung S3C2442).
    mini-USB - not the silly proprietary connector on the 750v.
    Higher res camera (2.0 M-pixel vs 1.3; couldn't care less personally).
    Second camera for video calls.
    Thinner. P3600: 10.8 x 5.82 x 1.84 cm (116 cm3). 750v: is 11.1 x 5.8 x 2.2 (142 cm3).
    Bigger battery (1500 mAh vs 1200 mAh).
    Likely to be available unlocked in Europe soon while the 750v is a 3-month Vodafone exclusive. Vodafone data prices are crazy high.

Treo pros

QWERTY keyboard,
    Palm's Today screen enhancements for dialling and googling.
    Threaded SMS.
    Nicer form factor. Because of the keyboard the D-pad is positioned further away from the bottom of the device. I really like this.
    Dedicated mute switch (very handy!).
    So threaded SMS really was confirmed? I keep seeing disputes over it.

While it looks nice, I will never buy another device without an exposed keyboard.
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    While it looks nice, I will never buy another device without an exposed keyboard.
    but the trinity has many features that may be better than that keyboard.
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I like the Treo form factor but live in Europe, so a smartphone without WiFi is a non-starter (how can Palm introduce a phone for Europe and not include WiFi? They don't know their market), so my idea on an alternative is becoming narrowed down to:-

Nokia E61 (Pros: nice and light, good battery, good screen, 3G; Cons: rather wide, can't edit Office documents, no touch screen)

iPAQ 6915 (Pros: GPS, push email, good screen; Cons: Heavy as the 650 and wide as the E61, no 3G).

HTC S620 (Pros: very thin, quite light, BT 2.0, push email; Cons: ugly (but do I care?) can't edit office documents, no touch screen (or has it?), no 3G)

Raises a few questions, like 'Do I need 3G?' At European prices, probably not as long as I have WiFi. Can I get away without the facility to edit Office docs? Probably. How necessary is a touch screen? Depends how good the control keys & navigation are.

GPS would be handy (I got the Treo 650 to save carrying two devices (PDA and a phone) and now I'm back to two devices (Smartphone and GPS).

Maybe there's a new version of the iPAQ due out? Maybe there's another device around the corner that will answer my requirements?
    Last edited by Biggles; 09/28/2006 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Clarification
  12.    #13  
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    GPS would be handy (I got the Treo 650 to save carrying two devices (PDA and a phone) and now I'm back to two devices (Smartphone and GPS).
    I leave my BT GPS receiver in the car

Maybe there's another device around the corner that will answer my requirements?
    What about the SE P990i ?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I leave my BT GPS receiver in the car
    It's handy if walking in a strange town or city; can save you hours and lots of shoe leather.

What about the SE P990i ?
    Don't like the idea of flipping open to type, then flipping shut to navigate, then flipping open to type again. Flipping nuisance.

Feeling like it could end up being the hw6915 if i can get one on a decent contract. But if the 6915 was here in Europe in the Spring, is a new version pending?

Decisions, decisions.
    Don't like the idea of flipping open to type, then flipping shut to navigate, then flipping open to type again. Flipping nuisance.

Feeling like it could end up being the hw6915 if i can get one on a decent contract. But if the 6915 was here in Europe in the Spring, is a new version pending?

Decisions, decisions.

I believe you actually have the option of removing the flip from the phone
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I believe you actually have the option of removing the flip from the phone
    How would that work? All the phone and navigation keys are on the flip aren't they? Or is it not how it appears?
    Any available for in-store testing? The best way to tell if you'll like a phone model is still to hold it.

How would that work? All the phone and navigation keys are on the flip aren't they? Or is it not how it appears?
    You can perhaps check out the following reviews:

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/09..._p990i_review/

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/...-p990-en.shtml
    The Mobile review is great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast